Personality Cafe banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I have never dealt particularly well with stress. I internalize the stress until I develop borderline ulcers (I have acid reflux)). That said, I am good at prioritizing and getting things done. I actually do some of my best work while under stress, moving with a sense of purpose and an unwavering focus. I tend not to procrastinate, because I prefer to get things out of the way so that I do not have to worry about them.

I recall finishing an out-of-state refresher course in the military, and then begin told on the Sunday of my return that I would be going on a month long pre-deployment training course the following weekend. My to-do list for out-processing and preparation was enormous, and I had to balance everything perfectly all week just to get it done, and I was up late every evening right up until the night before I left. On top of this there were tons of hiccups, including certain places being closed on certain days, difficulty procuring all my equipment, delays, an issue involving lost medical files and failure of my unit to purchase my airline ticket, thus causing me to miss my flight and wait for the next one. On top of this I was going to this training with people that for the most part drove me crazy (and with whom I was to be deployed for six months afterward). This is probably the most stressed I have ever been; to the point that I was severely ill for the first week of the course with a particularly bad acid reflux flareup, and could barely sleep. Funny, the actual deployment did not stress me, only the months of preparation and the endless sea of red tape and boring briefings.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.