Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For about a month now I'm unable to sleep at nights, I have no idea why because I don't have any real problems or issues at the moment.

Like now its 3:08am and I ain't at all tired, I do love the night over day but it gets a bit lonely and boring and I end up being tired and falling asleep during the day when I'm trying to do stuff.

When it's coming to the night I just become fully awake but just get so bored and lonely and it's really annoying me now, every night for a whole month, It's happened loads of times before but never for this long. (one time I was waking up at 11pm ._.) I'm waking up about 1-5pm now and there's never enough time in the day for me to do what I want! I hate being booooored.

I try find stuff to do but never ever interests me for long at all and there's limits to what I can do during the night, When I get bored I get down and sulky.

Not sure why this is happening or wether it's even INFP related but I just needed to get it out and this is only place I know I can do it and receive help, understandment or an ear that can listen. ( or read in this situation :tongue: )

P.S wow I managed to write all that and not get 1 spelling error on my spell check :laughing:

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
that's not unusual. i've been a chronic insomniac on and off since high school. i remember trying to adjust myself to a circadian rhythm which worked for a short period of time. during that time, i forced myself to sleep at 11pm...i also took a hot shower prior to bedtime. i heard eating breakfast also helps.

Reactions: Riy

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I have a slight amount of insomnia, the "I can't fall asleep even though I'm really tired :'(" kind. There's a whole bunch of sympathy from me to you right now!

My sleeping schedules are a little odd. Most of the time, I'll try to go to bed around 3AM and wake up around noon. About once a month, I go through a phase where I only sleep five or six hours a night and wake up feeling pretty refreshed. It sounds great, but it kinda sucks when I want to sleep for ten hours!

I agree, it sucks when you're up all night and no one is around to hang out with or there's nothing to do. That's when I do the majority of my posting around here. In fact, it's 11PM and I'm the only one awake and online at the moment! I'm kinda bored, too -_-

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm the same! My mind is super-active at night; I can lay in bed and close my eyes for hours, but I can't stop thinking long enough to fall asleep.

Audio books have been a godsend, for me - you can get them at your local library, buy them from audible.com or itunes, or download them p2p. I put them on my ipod, or play them over my computer speakers, and I usually fall asleep within 1/2 an hour.

·
Registered
144 Posts
This happens to me a lot, especially when I don't have obligations like school to worry about... Honestly, it was horrible during middle school. I got 4 hours a sleep a night because any more kept me up all night. I needed to be exhausted enough to pass out the moment I hit the pillow or my mind races. Something about the lack of external stimulation at night makes it so that my internal stimulation sky-rockets and makes me energetic. It's great for when I really need to think about something.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't have any advice, unfortunately. I was just going to say that I have the same problem--weird sleeping patterns and a bit of insomnia. It comes and goes.

It gets worse in the summer/on holidays/etc., when I don't have as many regular obligations. I really try to stay on a "normal" schedule but it never works for long.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I feel you. :/
my sleeping patterns are all whacked out right now because of summer break.
I hate the feeling of waking up and most of my day is gone.
I go to bed at 3-4 am, and get out of bed between 1-2 pm.

I feel so lazy, and useless, and even my mother nags about how I don't do anything but sleep.
when I try to readjust my sleeping patterns, I fail. horribly. I always manage to sleep through twenty loud alarms. :crazy:
If ANYONE knows some magical secret in correcting this habit, please share it.

But for now, I think our only hope is self-discipline. We HAVE to go to sleep earlier. >.<

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I get all worked up at night and always had trouble sleeping at night. I usually wake up at noon. The only way I can really correct my sleep schedule I suppose is to stay up for a really long time. Like if I woke up at 7pm, I would unfortunately have to force myself to stay awake until about 9pm the next day. It usually works, but then I get bored of the daytime and my mind gets active at night and I just mess it up again.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the replies everyone! Feels better knowing I ain't alone with this, without sounding selfish o_o.

So in most cases it's just Insomnia? 2 of my favorite songs are called Insomnia :p wonder why.

Woke up at 12:30 today then fell asleep again and woke up at 2:30 ._. lol I'm useless, I don't think the summer helps though, the heat can make me feel tired and irritable at times.

Thanks again for the replies everyone! love you all <3 :tongue:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts