Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i recently discovered MBTI , like 2 months ago , and i've read about cognitive functions and everything , and i still can't type myself.So when i found out about MBTI , hey I never planned on paying for this shit , so i did a few free online tests , like the one on 16 personalities and some others. I always test INTP. But as i read more and more about types , functions , and behaviour i got more confused. I do relate somewhat with INTP , but i do as well with ENTP. INFP , because i am an idealist existentialist who believes that life is all about finding distractions you enjoy the most and helping people along the way , making as many lives better as you can. I see so much wrong with the world , so many problems , so much that needs to be sorted , stuff people ususally turn a blind eye to chasing their advertisement fed bullshit. Now i feel really really bad when i see a poor kid , or someone hungry , deprived of the basic necessities. Idc about your breakup drama feels though , getting butthurt over petty stuff , who said what to hurt who's feelings, censoring myself to comfort your crybaby's illusion.... stop stop my head hurts! But i care about people who are deprived of the basic amenities in life , now that's hurtful , heart wrenching stuff. Moving on , i operate in short bursts of energy , procrastinate a lot , am the most obsessed and hardworking person for the two hours i'm interested in something, than back to being lazy. I loathe the idea of a 9 to 5. I'm not good with rules , don't listen to people's advices much, two ESFJ'S close to me annoy the hell outta me with their 'right' and 'wrong' conventional bs , religion is not my friend , i philosophise a lot , i have an entrepreneur in me who jumps out every once in a while , i experience moments where my thought train makes connections and leads to some good ideas but am too lazy to follow through by the next morning , or maybe since i thought about it so much i lost interest. I don't usually chat people up , but if i'm in the mood i might just take initiative and not shut up , idc how annoying i sound jumping from one thing to another. People intrigue me , i kinda wanna know them , and i try , but then if they say something ignorant or don't follow what i'm saying, 'sarcastic comment and adios' is what i would have done 2 years ago, now i just fake a little small talk(miserably) and run. I hate small talk , i can fake it if i have to , but not very well. I value my freedom more than anything else.Then , i actually think a lot more than i do , and usually just end up with 'want to do'. Now as a kid i was very reserved , enjoyed my studies and my video games and sport , wan't totally asocial but was not very social again, kinda awkward and that was it. And sometimes i might say idc what others think of me , but i kinda do , and i can easily create the image i want them to have of me. And everytime i talk my ideas to someone , i'm not listening to what they're saying , i'm just listening to myself and reananlyzing everything , maybe i do listen to a word or two, and if by chance they spew out some gem, i gladly add that to my thought train , and if they say something that makes more sense than what i had thought(provided i was listening, which only happens with those i deem worthy), i'm not stuck with my opinions, i kinda enjoy being proved wrong(doesn't happen very often though). And that being said , i can't go for very long without talking my thoughts out , i guess. So idk about the introversion or extroversion thing. And my sense of humor is , well i am just good with sarcasm. I posess an undying confidence , am a travel enthusiast (Ik not relevant but just cus , and mind you , i said enthusiast, and am just that), can't go on for long without music (again not really relevant but just cus) and am full of ideas. I don't care about the number of degrees you have, your status in soecity, your car, your position in the corporate ladder , that stuff doesn't impress me. What i care about is your intelligence , depth and your want and willingness to do good. I am 21 and in a quarter life crisis and could very well be in a rut these days. I am interested in so many things that following just one looks like a bad idea and i resort to doing nothing , and just like that there goes another day. My favorite movie is 'fight club' (man i don't even know what's relevant anymore) So going by this , any idea ? My Ennegram is 5w4 btw. PS: Sorry for the length :p

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hmm, I would say INTP (I'm an INFP myself, and you don't sound like me, but you sound a lot like my best friend, who's an INTP). You seem to be an introvert with thinking trait to me; however, I can try to help more, if you can answer these questions:
About the introvert/extrovert thing - do you enjoy meeting new people and being in social situations? Does being around people exhaust you? Are you the life of the party, or you prefer to avoid parties/stay aside when attending one?
About the thinking/feeling - is the truth or the emotions of the people involved in a conflict more important to you? Do people describe you as cold/harsh towards them? Can you identify other people's emotions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I see. Well to answer the questions , i'm not sure about the E or I. It really depends. I will not usually initiate a conversation (unless the person seems really interesting) , because it's mostly small talk happening around me (i am surrounded by ESXJs and ESXPs , don't know a single N) , but if someone says something remotely interesting or outrageous , and if i happen to hear that , i will not shut up. I do enjoy meeting people i guess , i'm interested in getting to know new people and understand how they function would be a better thing to say than 'enjoy' , it's more of a learning process for me. In parties i will stay aside usually , it takes a little time for me to open up , and i kinda do care how others percieve me even though i say i don't , since i need to come off as 'awesome' all the time , so yes i care about my image. Also if i am at a party i'm enjoying , i will not want to go home. I can be out for 12 hours and still want to stay , provided that i am enjoying. And people play a big part too , if i like them i'm very different , and if i don't , well then i'm indifferent. Truth , period. And yes have been called harsh a lot of times , since i do not censor myself at all. Sounds introverted , but the weird thing here is , that i love to talk , provided the topic is interesting enough. I absolutely will not shut up, it doesn't even matter if i know the person or not , i'll just keep on talking. Also i prefer one on one conversations , and group discussions only if it's a brainstorming session. And regardless of the type i might be , i think i might be stuck in a tertiary-inferior function loop , because life , and because of the uninspired boring conventionlists and religious looneys that surround me , and suck the life out of me with their herd mentality notions of 'right' and 'wrong'. Also i do have kind of a superiority complex , but i will come to really respect you if you can flaw my logic or provide good insight , debate without getting butthurt , or if you are a 'passion person' (absolutely love them). So does that help ? :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'd say ENTP, because the "silent until being comfortable talking with cool people about an interesting topic and then never stopping" is pretty telling of dominant Ne.

You could aks yourself: What is my primary mode of operation in which I feel best?
Is it that state where you are hyperactive, where the ideas flow and you are thinking about brilliant stuff that you feel the need/want to share discuss about (Ne-Fe dominant -> ENTP).
Or is it a state of logical analysis, of deepness, without bullshit about dumb people, where things are consistent and where accuracy is the primary focus (Ti-Si dominant -> INTP).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts