Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Type 1
– Ones often flourish in environments that are consistent, stable and with a good degree of structure. Where structure doesn’t exist, they will be happy to create it! Your average one has an incredible ability to remember facts, useful information and have a good degree of seeing “what is wrong and what needs to be fixed” in a given situation. They will rarely make mistakes when it comes to details. Ones don’t necessarily want to tear their hair out in the typical office job (which makes me wonder if life would be easier if I were a one!) While they will thrive “at the office” Ones can also make good entrepreneurs because they are so organized and consistent.

Suggested Careers for Ones: Anything where there are plenty of clear rules, opportunity of advancement, a pecking order, and consistent people to work with!

• Secretary, Administrative or Executive Assistant
  • Manager (Mid or Upper-level)
  • Accountant
  • Financial Planner/Advisor
  • Law Clerk/Paralegal
  • Broker
  • Urban Planner
  • Attorney (1′s make some of the most effective lawyers of all the types because of a keen attention to detail)
  • Technical Director
  • Computer Programmer

Career Choices for Enneagram Types – The Great Office Escape

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You need job security! The 9-to-5 world is actually built for 1′s, so I don’t need to give you much help. But, I’ll do it anyway. Since you are great with details, fixing mistakes, getting to the bottom of what is wrong, you are suited to jobs that allow for these kinds of tasks. But anything open-ended where there is too much need for creativity and improvisation wouldn’t be as good. You like having guidelines and clarity. In fact, uou wouldn’t know what to do with yourself without them. (Admit it, it’s true!) Therefore you should avoid the following occupations:

Careers for 1′s to Avoid

• Artist/Designer
  • Sales
  • Public Speaker
  • Radio Host
  • Entertainer
  • Writer (unless you are a technical writer)

Bad Career Choices and the Enneagram – The Great Office Escape

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well awesome :/ My suggested Enneagram careers perfectily contradict the ones i read up for MBTI... I'm such a lucky bastard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It’s unquestionably true that we love well-organized environments where we can feel both comfortable and adequately encourage to push our limits, but come on: we’re not robots. I consider myself I highly creative person who suffer deadlines, routine and basically most kind of restrictions on my source of inspiration. I’m bad at memorizing and mechanically repeating a performance. No matter how technical it may be and activity, I bloody need to “feel it”. And yes, everyone is clearly different, but I’m tired to read such cold lists of career possibilities, it really makes me question what kind of terrible image Ones give of themselves :/ (don’t mean to criticize, really, just blurting out personal frustration ;))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts