Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Type 8
– Eights love to be successful, but what they need even more is autonomy. Like sevens, eights hate being told what to do, and love coming up with their own answers to problems. Eights are natural leaders because they are willing to shoulder the responsibility and make the decisions that others are reluctant to make. They are also dead honest because they are unafraid of criticism. This gives them a lot of integrity, and they can be trusted on the job. This trait makes them awesome candidates for managerial positions.

Suggested Careers for Eights: A good career for an eight allows for plenty of scope to make decisions and make a difference in the world.

• Event Coordinator
  • Financial Advisor
  • Career Counselor
  • Organizational Psychologist
  • CEO/CFO/CAO (any size company)
  • Marketing Manager
  • Director of Sales
  • Restaurant Owner/Manager
  • Politician
  • Healthcare Administrator
  • Market Strategist
  • Advertising Executive
  • President of the World
Career Choices for Enneagram Types – The Great Office Escape

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Type 8 – Nobody can tell you what to do! 8′s hate being controlled, and they hate being beneath anybody. You probably are a leader in more ways than one, and for you to be truly content, you must have some professional influence. My idea of an 8 in hell would be one who went their whole life without making a difference in the world. You have a big heart and truly care about your cause. You also believe that your way is best and will go out of your way to make sure that others don’t impede your progress. After all, what do they know?

Careers for 8′s to Avoid

• Low-level office clerk
  • Retail sales clerk (little room for advancement)
  • Delivery Driver
  • Inventory Checker
  • Food Busser/Cleaner
  • Insurance Agent (a dead end for this type)
  • Janitor

Bad Career Choices and the Enneagram – The Great Office Escape

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'd shoot myself in the face if I end up doing any of those jobs... except maybe President of the World.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Stop being so nice, easygoing and funny! you are making the association to Lord Baelish good.

Reactions: an absurd man

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
Infinite.
Perfect. I wouldn't have accepted anything less!

Stop being so nice, easygoing and funny! you are making the association to Lord Baelish good.
No. This is kinda how I unwind. :p And isn't that a good thing? His reputation needs a touch up anyway.

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
Now your his PR man?

I hate all of these jobs except psychologist.. getting in peoples heads is fun!

• Event Coordinator
  • Financial Advisor
  • Career Counselor
  • Marketing Manager
  • Director of Sales
  • Politician
  • Market Strategist
  • Advertising Executive
  • President of the World

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I've been planning on becoming an engineer, so it looks like I'm a bit off! Maybe I should be President of the World instead...

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Thanks for posting this. ....I highlighted careers in purple that would appeal to me....

Suggested Careers for Eights: A good career for an eight allows for plenty of scope to make decisions and make a difference in the world.

• Event Coordinator
  • Financial Advisor
  • Career Counselor
  • Marketing Manager
  • Director of Sales
  • Politician
  • Market Strategist
  • Advertising Executive
  • President of the World

Ummm.... then it seems I made a good choice with Marketing. No wonder I'm doing so well.... so far.
Lucky you!!!! I wish I had followed my first interest when declaring my major. I originally wanted to major in Management/Marketing. Started getting caught up with my computer and math classes and ended up majoring in Math with a concentration in CIS instead. I sooooo would have soared higher and faster with Management/Marketing. But, it's not too late....in the process of preparing for a career transition. Can hardly wait!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Thanks for posting this. ....I highlighted careers in purple that would appeal to me....

Lucky you!!!! I wish I had followed my first interest when declaring my major. I originally wanted to major in Management/Marketing. Started getting caught up with my computer and math classes and ended up majoring in Math with a concentration in CIS instead. I sooooo would have soared higher and faster with Management/Marketing. But, it's not too late....in the process of preparing for a career transition. Can hardly wait!
Good for you! And, to be honest; I chose Marketing out of pure chance. I planned to be a Psychologist, but I forgot to submit the papers at the university; so, a week from graduating from high school, I started looking around and found Marketing. Don't regret it for the world.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Good for you! And, to be honest; I chose Marketing out of pure chance. I planned to be a Psychologist, but I forgot to submit the papers at the university; so, a week from graduating from high school, I started looking around and found Marketing. Don't regret it for the world.
I could totally get with Psychologist too....I love digging around in people's head trying to figure out what makes them tick. I also like helping people change their way of thinking to empower them to make better choices for themselves to yield more of what they want out of like too. :smile:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I could totally get with Psychologist too....I love digging around in people's head trying to figure out what makes them tick. I also like helping people change their way of thinking to empower them to make better choices for themselves to yield more of what they want out of like too. :smile:
In fact, Marketing has something of that too; since it requires you to understand the customer; what moves him, what he wants, in order to identify potential necessities that have yet to be satisfied. It's poking around people's mind; but, for mercantile purposes.

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
In fact, Marketing has something of that too; since it requires you to understand the customer; what moves him, what he wants, in order to identify potential necessities that have yet to be satisfied. It's poking around people's mind; but, for mercantile purposes.
True...I guess it's the problem solver in me. I love to solve problems with things/people/events to improve them and make them better.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
True...I guess it's the problem solver in me. I love to solve problems with things/people/events to improve them and make them better.
That's one of the most important and fascinating things of Marketing. As long as capitalism and profit exist; we'll be there, ready to improve what's been done before: from a kiddie's lemonade stand to a massive, multinational corporation. Even ideologies need someone to make them popular and to develop them in the most effective way. God, I love Marketing....

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
That's one of the most important and fascinating things of Marketing. As long as capitalism and profit exist; we'll be there, ready to improve what's been done before: from a kiddie's lemonade stand to a massive, multinational corporation. Even ideologies need someone to make them popular and to develop them in the most effective way. God, I love Marketing....
I can only imagine...I know I would love it too! :kitteh:

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
I would cross customer service related professions off the list, the amount of times you'll want to berate and/or beat someone to death will rapidly approach 50 or so per day at least. I usually tell my co-workers "You're the customer service staff, I'm here as an enforcer."

Reactions: meridannight
1 - 20 of 28 Posts