Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Type 2
– One of the common misconceptions about twos is that they will flourish in “helping” professions. In reality, twos spend so much of their time thinking about how they can make others comfortable, that a career in such a field could possibly push them over the top! Twos don’t need a career where they help people directly. They need to feel that they are helping indirectly, by working for a group that shares a cause they believe in. If you are a two, save the selfless behavior for outside the office. You’ll be happy you did, as this enables you to separate your work life from your home life.

Suggested Careers for Twos: Work for any non-profit organization, or a career working with volunteers are good for this type.

• Teacher (especially middle school and below)
  • Fashion designer
  • Retail and salesperson
  • Waiter/waitress/bartender
  • Sous-Chef
  • Graphic designer
  • Firefighter
  • Paramedic
  • Caterer
  • Wedding Planner
  • Stay-at-home parent

Career Choices for Enneagram Types – The Great Office Escape

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Type 2 – 2′s need to love and be loved in the workplace. They want to make a positive difference in other people’s lives. Therefore, as a 2, you would hate doing something which might hurt someone else, like perhaps being a police officer. You’d also be unhappy working for a big, faceless corporation that was harming the environment. Not exactly a warm and fuzzy career! As a 2, you should do something where you can make others feel good, and you can see the results of your efforts. Don’t do the opposite. Avoid these occupations like the plague:
Careers for 2′s to Avoid

• Law Enforcement (You would feel bad about having to hurt someone)
  • Tax Collector
  • Collections Agent
  • Auditor
  • Prison Guard
  • Prosecuting Attorney

Bad Career Choices and the Enneagram – The Great Office Escape

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey there! I'm a 2w3 ENFP.

I enlisted with the U.S Army and going in as a Medic. I'm going to go into medical school after I finish my service and study to be a Pediatrician (do I capitalize that?). I've always loved being around kids and making people smile and feel better. Oh, and being in hospitals is a place I really like to be.

I'm starting to get more conscious of how a Type Two Three-Wing should develop and I don't feel like I'm giving up anything of myself except time and a little hardwork! I'm really set on it now. What do you think?

You're a Type 8? I want to know what kind of career you have if it's not too personal.

Good researchin' skills up there too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts