Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Type 4
– As stated in my earlier article about bad careers for the enneagram types, fours often have trouble finding meaningful work. There are “good” careers for a four, but since they are so idealistic, it’s never easy to find the right fit. Such an idealistic type is most suited to work with a great deal of flexibility and where there is some room for self-expression. They would be miserable in a stiff environment where every day was the same and there was no room for opinion or alternative suggestions to problem solving.

Suggested Careers for Fours: It is possible for a four to thrive in a variety of careers as long as self-expression and some degree of creativity is a possibility.

• Psychotherapist
  • Holistic Health Practitioner
  • Yoga/Dance Instructor
  • Masseuse
  • Artist
  • Writer
  • Relationship/Couples Counselor
  • Life Coach
  • Crisis-line operator
  • Missionary
  • Web/Graphic Designer
  • Actor/Musician

Career Choices for Enneagram Types – The Great Office Escape

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Type 4 – This type has it tough. The working world isn’t the easiest place for a 4. A 4 can have a lot of trouble finding the right career, because they tend to be idealists and dreamers. They can find some sort of fault with almost any career path unless it is perfectly aligned to their ideals. Let’s face it; you’d hardly be happy working in an environment filled with abrasive or shallow** people doing work that is only for the money and isn’t personally fulfilling to you. I’ll bet a lot of 4′s love this website!

Careers for 4′s to Avoid

• Stock Market Trader
  • Accountant/Financial Advisor
  • Mid-level Manager (almost any occupation)
  • Police Officer
  • Paralegal
  • Military Cadet
  • Construction Worker

**In no way am I implying that everybody these professions is abrasive or shallow!

Bad Career Choices and the Enneagram – The Great Office Escape

1 - 2 of 2 Posts