Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently spoke to a career counsellor & discovered that I am an INFJ.

I have been to many forums, I know I need a career change but I do not know what. I have been in I.T. now for almost 7 years and I hate it. I guess too many details & I don't feel like I am accomplishing anything. But I don't know what else to do.

I was considering becoming a programmer and developing apps for the iPad & iPhone, but not sure if this would be good for an INFJ? Any other INFJs here do apps? I was thinking of healthcare apps.

The other career I was thinking was working in pallutive care, I have family with cancer & have thought this might be rewarding to help others feel comfortable, etc.

Hope you can help.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
This varies greatly from person to person. Look into your enneagram type to discover furthermore what would suit you best.

Personally, I'm very seriously pursuing a career in medicine. As a medical doctor, I see much purpose for myself -- I feel it's a place truly fit for me, the way I am, the way I think, and also I will feel extremely accomplished and productive towards bettering humanity (especially considering I'm trying to start new branches in medicine which will revolutionize medicine).

It's a career I'll feel I'll get persistent mental stimulation, will get to help and be amongst people, and will get to be surrounded by like-minded people in very team-oriented environments.

I also have a general fascination for all the basic sciences: chemistry, biology, physics. Through studying them I uncover a wider more in-depth picture of the world, since I see the world as a very interconnected set of systems and processes, and the more I learn in these subjects the clearer, more vibrant, and more altogether beautiful and meaningful my life here becomes.

Furthermore, pursuing the career I've chosen would make me feel more or less fulfilled. I know I have many talents and pursuing any other career (with exception to business -- I've had a hard time picking between business and medicine) would make me feel like an accomplished individual.

So, here's the thinking/reasoning I went to more or less to determine my path in life. My suggestion is to analyze who you are, and realize your purpose in your life. What you want to ultimately do, where your strengths lie, and what you are capable of. Then synthesize all these realizations and your answer should be very clear.

It seems your general pursuits are similar to mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have heard in the wallstreet journal that the only suitable career for an INFJ is an astronaut. I think this is because of great desire to acheave, and explore- aswell as the child like since of wonder that most INFJs have- Also, INFJs are most likely to not resort to cannibalism if stranded in space. Go be an astronaut--- Cheers to you for being insecure enought to let strangers sugest a career for you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, not sure ow to take that last reply, not very nice. I am not insecure, just trying to make the right choice after I found out I am an infj. Even if I m insecure, so what? Many people are, you are not perfect either, nobody is. If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
164 Posts
MjohnM, that was a pathetic low blow. Just because someone asks for another's input does not make them insecure. After all, the individual will be the one to make the choice will they not? Try to be a little less critical and think what you say through. It won't hurt any aspect of your life, and remember, a suggestion is just a series of words combined to present an idea.

AbioticPrime, I applaud you. It's nice to see people being reasonable and helpful on the internet.

krisl100, I believe that discounting your type might help, at least to start. What you are interested may or may not line up, after all, as similar as all human beings are there will always be something that makes you different, and although you don't know me, that is something that is usually hard for me to admit. I understand reaching out to a community, because when you have invested so much into a dead end in your life, it is hard to imagine alternatives.

·
Banned
318 Posts
Ni dom Fe aux is pretty fitting for the field of psychology. However, the desire as to what you want to do with your Ni will likely depend mostly on very subjective preferences -- subjective to the extent that Jungian Typology can't tell you your most fitting career.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
Possible Career Paths for the INFJ:

Clergy / Religious Work
Teachers
Medical Doctors / Dentists
Alternative Health Care Practitioners, i.e. Chiropractor, Reflexologist
Psychologists
Psychiatrists
Counselors and Social Workers
Musicians and Artists
Photographers
Child Care / Early Childhood Development
I'm not sure how INFJ I am anymore because only 2 or 3 of those appeal to me.

·
Banned
2,458 Posts
I have heard in the wallstreet journal that the only suitable career for an INFJ is an astronaut. I think this is because of great desire to acheave, and explore- aswell as the child like since of wonder that most INFJs have- Also, INFJs are most likely to not resort to cannibalism if stranded in space. Go be an astronaut--- Cheers to you for being insecure enought to let strangers sugest a career for you
You clearly don't understand how Fe works then. Cheers to you for being uneducated. Also, learn to spell.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts