Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Here's a link to take a Career Test that is based on the well-known "Holland's Vocational Theory/Inventory" that comprises of only 15 questions and then when it gives you your results it recommends jobs best suited for you based on your results:

Career test - take this free career test online at 123test.com

this is for ALL personality types....not just for INFJ's

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's my results:

Your personality type
You preferred 'Investigative' the most, followed by 'Artistic' and 'Social'. Your six letter personality type is 'IASCER'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

Your personal Holland Code
Depending on how strongly you favor any specific type you can compose your own personal Holland Code. You do this by taking the first letters of the types you favor most. In your case, this is the letters I, A and S Your personal Holland Code then becomes either IAS, IA, AI or even AIS.
Your jobs
Here is a list of jobs that fit your Holland code IASCER. The list is only part of all jobs that fit your personality. You should use this list of occupations as prototypical examples. A total of 20 occupations are suggested based on your score.
Your list of suggested occupations
Sociologists
Study human society and social behavior by examining the groups and social institutions that people form, as well as various social, religious, political, and business organizations. May study the behavior and interaction of groups, trace their origin and growth, and analyze the influence of group activities on individual members.
Political Scientists
Study the origin, development, and operation of political systems. May study topics, such as public opinion, political decision-making, and ideology. May analyze the structure and operation of governments, as well as various political entities. May conduct public opinion surveys, analyze election results, or analyze public documents.
Anthropologists
Research, evaluate, and establish public policy concerning the origins of humans; their physical, social, linguistic, and cultural development; and their behavior, as well as the cultures, organizations, and institutions they have created.
Psychiatrists
Clinical Psychologists
Geneticists
Astronomers
Biochemists and Biophysicists
Naturopathic Physicians
Neuropsychologists and Clinical Neuropsychologists
Industrial-Organizational Psychologists
Medical Scientists, Except Epidemiologists
Soil and Plant Scientists
History Teachers, Postsecondary
Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, Postsecondary
Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
Mathematical Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary

some of them do not look appealing....and I suck at Math...so, that's def out. lol

but I'm not opposed to teaching or working as a counselor. I love the stars...would love to work in Astronomy in some way....or live in Doctor Who or Star Trek :D

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it a second time...and this seems more like me and right and I've actually worked in some of these fields suggested for me already:

Your personality type

You preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Investigative' and 'Social'. Your six letter personality type is 'AISCER'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

Depending on how strongly you favor any specific type you can compose your own personal Holland Code. You do this by taking the first letters of the types you favor most. In your case, this is the letters A, I and S Your personal Holland Code then becomes either AIS, AI, IA or even IAS.
Your jobs

Here is a list of jobs that fit your Holland code AISCER. The list is only part of all jobs that fit your personality. You should use this list of occupations as prototypical examples. A total of 20 occupations are suggested based on your score.
Poets, Lyricists and Creative WritersCreate original written works, such as scripts, essays, prose, poetry or song lyrics, for publication or performance.
Technical WritersWrite technical materials, such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. May assist in layout work.
Multimedia Artists and AnimatorsCreate special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations, such as computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.
Sociologists
Desktop Publishers
Anthropologists
Interpreters and Translators
Landscape Architects
Reporters and Correspondents
Political Scientists
Radio and Television Announcers
Architects, Except Landscape and Naval
Architectural Drafters
English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
Broadcast News Analysts
Mental Health Counselors
Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers, Postsecondary
Genetic Counselors
Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
Your personality typeYou preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Investigative' and 'Enterprising'. Your six letter personality type is 'AIESRC'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

Your personal Holland CodeDepending on how strongly you favor any specific type you can compose your own personal Holland Code. You do this by taking the first letters of the types you favor most. In your case, this is the letters A, I and E Your personal Holland Code then becomes either AIE, AI, IA or even IAE.
Your jobsHere is a list of jobs that fit your Holland code AIESRC. The list is only part of all jobs that fit your personality. You should use this list of occupations as prototypical examples. A total of 20 occupations are suggested based on your score.
Poets, Lyricists and Creative WritersCreate original written works, such as scripts, essays, prose, poetry or song lyrics, for publication or performance.
Reporters and CorrespondentsCollect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation. Report and write stories for newspaper, news magazine, radio, or television.
Film and Video EditorsEdit moving images on film, video, or other media. May edit or synchronize soundtracks with images.
Architects, Except Landscape and NavalPlan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
Technical Writers
Musicians, Instrumental
Commercial and Industrial Designers
Fashion Designers
Broadcast News Analysts
Music Directors
Craft Artists
Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
Interior Designers
Editors
Landscape Architects
Photographers
Set and Exhibit Designers
Hairdressers, Hairstylists, and Cosmetologists
Singers

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your personality type

You preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Investigative' and 'Enterprising'. Your six letter personality type is 'AIESRC'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

Depending on how strongly you favor any specific type you can compose your own personal Holland Code. You do this by taking the first letters of the types you favor most. In your case, this is the letters A, I and E Your personal Holland Code then becomes either AIE, AI, IA or even IAE.
Your jobs

Here is a list of jobs that fit your Holland code AIESRC. The list is only part of all jobs that fit your personality. You should use this list of occupations as prototypical examples. A total of 20 occupations are suggested based on your score.
Reporters and CorrespondentsCollect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation. Report and write stories for newspaper, news magazine, radio, or television.
Film and Video EditorsEdit moving images on film, video, or other media. May edit or synchronize soundtracks with images.
Architects, Except Landscape and NavalPlan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
Technical Writers
Musicians, Instrumental
Commercial and Industrial Designers
Fashion Designers
Broadcast News Analysts
Music Directors
Craft Artists
Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, and Illustrators
Interior Designers
Editors
Landscape Architects
Photographers
Set and Exhibit Designers
Singers

wow!!!! lots of writing and musical careers!!! -have any experience in it or like doing any of these suggestions??

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fascinating!

I'm returning to college and majoring in Psychology with the intent to get myself into research in cognitive neuropsychology. The test's suggestions included clinical psychology, psychiatry, neurology, school psychology, and neuropsychology. Thats a pretty darn close match!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Your personality type

Your preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Social' and 'Investigative'. Your six letter personality type is 'ASIREC'.

Broadcast News AnalystsAnalyze, interpret, and broadcast news received from various sources.
Interpreters and TranslatorsInterpret oral or sign language, or translate written text from one language into another.
ChoreographersCreate new dance routines. Rehearse performance of routines. May direct and stage presentations.
Communications Teachers, Postsecondary
Interior Designers
Recreational Therapists
Art, Drama, and Music Teachers, Postsecondary
Dancers
Music Directors
Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
Education Teachers, Postsecondary
Marriage and Family Therapists
Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary
Foreign Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
Makeup Artists, Theatrical and Performance
Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers
Actors

Mmm, not many stand out for me from that list (top three certainly don't)... perhaps Philosophy or Art Teacher, Creative Writer, Counselor, Family Therapist or Interior Designer​

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fascinating!

I'm returning to college and majoring in Psychology with the intent to get myself into research in cognitive neuropsychology. The test's suggestions included clinical psychology, psychiatry, neurology, school psychology, and neuropsychology. Thats a pretty darn close match!
that's wonderful!!!! I'm so happy it confirms your vocational plans!!!! yay!!!! :) that made me smile and feel so happy for you!!! -nothing like confirmation before you plunge!!!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Your personality type

Your preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Social' and 'Investigative'. Your six letter personality type is 'ASIREC'.

Broadcast News AnalystsAnalyze, interpret, and broadcast news received from various sources.
Interpreters and TranslatorsInterpret oral or sign language, or translate written text from one language into another.
ChoreographersCreate new dance routines. Rehearse performance of routines. May direct and stage presentations.
Interior Designers
Recreational Therapists
Dancers
Music Directors
Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary
Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers
Actors

Mmm, not many stand out for me from that list (top three certainly don't)... perhaps Philosophy or Art Teacher, Creative Writer, Counselor, Family Therapist or Interior Designer​
maybe take it a second time like I did??? -then you'll be more certain when clicking on the pictures. you might get a slightly different combination that will make a difference in being more accurate for you??

funny tho....your vocational results.....I've worked in a majority of those fields, especially the ones for Broadcasting/Radio Announcer, writer, drug counselor and have my degree in Marriage counseling! -I should had had your results!!! :D

·
Registered
4,281 Posts
wow!!!! lots of writing and musical careers!!! -have any experience in it or like doing any of these suggestions??
Well I've always dreamed of being a rock-star. ha. not lying. I am obsessed with music and there was a time in my life I was trying to break into the music industry-though not as a musician. After a pretty legitimate attempt, calling the right people…etc., it never panned out which is probably a good thing anyway. As far as the suggestions are concerned, some of them resonate, particularly the ones that deal with music and film/video. The problem is that I don't necessarily see them as a feasible career for me. I would like to master a lot of things, but it makes sense to focus more on what I'm naturally good at for now. And as far as writing, well, I do love creative writing. It's more of a hobby. I'm an attorney now, though, so I do have to write a lot and there are many ways I try to be creative when writing arguments.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Thanks for the test. This helps me a lot! Right now I am freelance writing and my complaint has been that it's been a little too far removed from people for me. Anyways, here are my results:

You preferred 'Social' the most, followed by 'Investigative' and 'Artistic'. Your six letter personality type is 'SIACER'.

Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers, PostsecondaryTeach courses pertaining to the culture and development of an area, an ethnic group, or any other group, such as Latin American studies, women's studies, or urban affairs. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Psychology Teachers, PostsecondaryTeach courses in psychology, such as child, clinical, and developmental psychology, and psychological counseling. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, PostsecondaryTeach courses in anthropology or archeology. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Rehabilitation Counselors
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
Mental Health Counselors
Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
Home Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
Genetic Counselors
Speech-Language Pathologists
Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
Counseling Psychologists
Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
My results:
Your personality type You preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Investigative' and 'Social'. Your six letter personality type is 'AISRCE'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.
Your personal Holland Code Depending on how strongly you favor any specific type you can compose your own personal Holland Code. You do this by taking the first letters of the types you favor most. In your case, this is the letters A, I and S Your personal Holland Code then becomes either AIS, AI, IA or even IAS.
Your jobs Here is a list of jobs that fit your Holland code AISRCE. The list is only part of all jobs that fit your personality. You should use this list of occupations as prototypical examples. A total of 20 occupations are suggested based on your score.

Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers Create original written works, such as scripts, essays, prose, poetry or song lyrics, for publication or performance.

Architects, Except Landscape and Naval Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.

Landscape Architects Plan and design land areas for projects such as parks and other recreational facilities, airports, highways, hospitals, schools, land subdivisions, and commercial, industrial, and residential sites.

Multimedia Artists and Animators Create special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations, such as computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.

Anthropologists

Technical Writers

Political Scientists

Interior Designers

Sociologists Study human society and social behavior by examining the groups and social institutions that people form, as well as various social, religious, political, and business organizations. May study the behavior and interaction of groups, trace their origin and growth, and analyze the influence of group activities on individual members.

Music Directors

Broadcast News Analysts

Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary Teach courses in biological sciences. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.

Architectural Drafters

Astronomers

Naturopathic Physicians

Geneticists

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I've done this before and consistently gotten ASE.

ASE-(Artistic, Social and Enterprising personality types) See also careers listed under AES

I think I got ASI too at some point.

ASI-(Artistic, Social and Investigative personality types) See also careers listed under ASI, SAI, SIA

http://www.salisbury.edu/careerservices/students/Holland/Artistic.html

·
Registered
368 Posts
Your personality typeYou preferred 'Social' the most, followed by 'Investigative' and 'Artistic'. Your six letter personality type is 'SIAREC'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

Your personal Holland CodeDepending on how strongly you favor any specific type you can compose your own personal Holland Code. You do this by taking the first letters of the types you favor most. In your case, this is the letters S, I and A Your personal Holland Code then becomes either SIA, SI, IS or even ISA.
Your jobsHere is a list of jobs that fit your Holland code SIAREC. The list is only part of all jobs that fit your personality. You should use this list of occupations as prototypical examples. A total of 20 occupations are suggested based on your score.
Rehabilitation CounselorsCounsel individuals to maximize the independence and employability of persons coping with personal, social, and vocational difficulties that result from birth defects, illness, disease, accidents, or the stress of daily life. Coordinate activities for residents of care and treatment facilities. Assess client needs and design and implement rehabilitation programs that may include personal and vocational counseling, training, and job placement.
Special Education Teachers, Secondary SchoolTeach secondary school subjects to educationally and physically handicapped students. Includes teachers who specialize and work with audibly and visually handicapped students and those who teach basic academic and life processes skills to the mentally impaired.
Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder CounselorsCounsel and advise individuals with alcohol, tobacco, drug, or other problems, such as gambling and eating disorders. May counsel individuals, families, or groups or engage in prevention programs.
Recreational Therapists
Park Naturalists
Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
Career/Technical Education Teachers, Secondary School
Special Education Teachers, Middle School
Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
Informatics Nurse Specialists
Midwives
Child, Family, and School Social Workers
Athletic Trainers
Health Educators
Hearing Aid Specialists
Training and Development Specialists
Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors
Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education
Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education

·
Registered
569 Posts
You preferred 'Social th most followe by 'Investigative an 'Artistic' You si lette personalit typ is 'SIACER'.

Area, Ethnic, and Cultural Studies Teachers, PostsecondaryTeach courses pertaining to the culture and development of an area, an ethnic group, or any other group, such as Latin American studies, women's studies, or urban affairs. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Psychology Teachers, PostsecondaryTeach courses in psychology, such as child, clinical, and developmental psychology, and psychological counseling. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Anthropology and Archeology Teachers, PostsecondaryTeach courses in anthropology or archeology. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Rehabilitation Counselors
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Social Workers
Mental Health Counselors
Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
Home Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
Genetic Counselors
Speech-Language Pathologists
Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
Special Education Teachers, Secondary School
Economics Teachers, Postsecondary
Counseling Psychologists
Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
You preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Social' and 'Investigative'. Your six letter personality type is 'ASIECR'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

Broadcast News Analysts
Analyze, interpret, and broadcast news received from various sources.
*Poets, Lyricists and Creative Writers
Create original written works, such as scripts, essays, prose, poetry or song lyrics, for publication or performance.
Speak or read from scripted materials, such as news reports or commercial messages, on radio or television. May announce artist or title of performance, identify station, or interview guests.
Political Scientists
***Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary
Technical Writers
Recreational Therapists
Dancers
Landscape Architects
Sociologists
***English Language and Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
**Architects, Except Landscape and Naval

*I really love doing this, and am thinking more and more this is what I should do.

**This is what I'm studying. Last on the list, sigh.

***Also sounds appealing.

·
Registered
169 Posts
You preferred 'Artistic' the most, followed by 'Realistic' and 'Conventional'. Your six letter personality type is 'ARCISE'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

Pretty cool and matching considering I want to be a software engineer that does stuff like a technical artist and whatnot
at least I think that matches im too lazy to dig deeper lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got AICRSE. Do not put me in charge of people, apparently. Or your start-up.

hahaha......I've actually known three INTJ's that were managers that were really great at figuring out people's strengths and utilizing them and staying neutral. I enjoyed working for one.....there was no drama at all until he left and a dysfunctional woman took his place. I have a female friend that is a true INTJ.....she was a manager.....she followed her dream to be a writer....quit being a manager and is following her dream as a writer and has two books that are published and at Barnes and Noble!

·
Registered
198 Posts
You preferred 'Investigative' the most, followed by 'Social' and 'Conventional'. Your six letter personality type is 'ISCERA'. Your personal preference is also shown in a graph below.

School Psychologists
Investigate processes of learning and teaching and develop psychological principles and techniques applicable to educational problems.

Audiologists
Assess and treat persons with hearing and related disorders. May fit hearing aids and provide auditory training. May perform research related to hearing problems.

Epidemiologists
Investigate and describe the determinants and distribution of disease, disability, or health outcomes. May develop the means for prevention and control.

Epidemiology is actually extremely close to what I'm going to school for.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts