Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I highly agree with INTJs as being scientists. However, I absolutely hate the fields of physics and chemistry. I like doing experients, but not with potions and such. I like doing life experiments. Basically, that means observing people and noticing patterns in their behavior. I call that an experiement because it's like a game to me, but it's a useful game. Useful fun game is synonymous with experiment to me.

Nevertheless, try looking for suggested INTJ jobs and what are you to come up with? The above hard sciences. My major is psychology so I understand that I like the soft sciences field. I don't know where to go from there though. I'm stuck on getting more specific.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am a graphic designer, if that helps you are all. What I like about this field is solving the problem of communicating an idea using images primarily and not words. Every new job is a chance to solve that problem differently. I like the fact that I create something that did not exist before I started. I have been doing it for 15+ years and have never been board of it.

If I was not doing design I would be in psychology or sociology studying groups of people and big-picture problems, not one-on-one analysis.

Reactions: Turututu

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well...

There are 4 sciences: Math, Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Now, your initial post does carry a bit of a contradiction to my mind as there are parts of psychology that can carry into Physics and Chemistry. If one were to study the effects of different hormones or drugs in battling mental issues would be full of various chemical components to it, though you don't want to use potions. Similarly, there are electrical impulses within one's nervous system that could be part of a physics experiment in terms of decoding how one interprets the signals and such.

I work as a Web Developer so my work falls within the realm of Mathematics and Physics to some extent. Working with virtual objects rather than physical ones appeals to me as does solving problems regarding using these logical machines.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd prefer words to images. (Not that I wasn't confusing readers enough already with my post.)

·
Registered
782 Posts
i totally know what u mean. i♥scii but the details start to annoy me...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm going to go to medschool after I finish my premed course. I'm going to take surgical oncology. I want to heal people I guess, and some of my subjects include alot of math and different kinds of sciences like, biology, chemistry and even physics. After finishing surgical oncology, I'm going to study genetics. I see alot of different possibilities with genes, it's like I can do alot of things with them. I find them cool.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm going to go to medschool after I finish my premed course. I'm going to take surgical oncology. I want to heal people I guess, and some of my subjects include alot of math and different kinds of sciences like, biology, chemistry and even physics. After finishing surgical oncology, I'm going to study genetics. I see alot of different possibilities with genes, it's like I can do alot of things with them. I find them cool.
Wait till you start... it's scary not knowing where to really begin.

·
Registered
254 Posts
My major is Japanese and I want to be a linguist. However, I'm going to choose the most mathematical part of linguistics, which is syntax. It's just so interesting. Also, there's so much to do in the field, and I feel like they could really use an INTJ there to sort all those theories out :wink:

But if I were better at math in school, I would've chosen IT. I'm still considering attenting some classes in IT, though it's too late now for majoring in it. Oh well, I was good at math and at languages, but I was better at the latter so I made the right choice :cool: There were plenty of people surpassing me at maths. And why be an average mathematicial or an average programist if one could be an excellent syntactician? :wink:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Wait till you start... it's scary not knowing where to really begin.
I know the basics, I've read alot of books but somehow I feel like what I know isn't enough. I have this theory on cancer and it has something to do with the genes and stuff and I'm planning on developing it one day.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Try going into commerce, maybe start your own business. Your Psychology degree will help you better understand people you are dealing with. Assuming you're psychology degree has given you an accurate intuition on human psychology you could potentially be successful in business.
Commerce is too business-extroverted-people related for me. I'm planning on clinical psychology, but I don't know where to go from there.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Maybe consider math finance? You can think of a trading strategy an experiment. If you still have your job after it, it was a succes. Psychology is helpful, especially that of a crazed herd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am fluent in 7 languages, they come quite naturally to me.

I am a chef then turned to chemistry and i adore chemistry and... right now? STATISTICS!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Commerce is too business-extroverted-people related for me. I'm planning on clinical psychology, but I don't know where to go from there.
Actually psychology is also a INTJ field, because it matches with many of our traits. I wanted to study psycology as well - the way people think, and how their brains work is fascinating. However, the thought of listening to people complaining and crying all day long didn't appeal to me. So, you could go into Child Pscychology...I'm sure kids are way better to treat than adults. You can also go corporate and become a business consultant - going to different companies and profile their employees, etc. Or you could try psychology research.

I'm a programmer, although I hate math :dry: It doesn't really make a difference to my job though, because math isn't what is important, but the way you would approach it is.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
... right now? STATISTICS!
confirming this ... ever consider doing something like medical statistics or working for insurance companies?
you'll get to do what you are naturally good at - predicting trends - and it is also related to people

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm studying Law and a friend of mine is studying Law with Psychology. I think the two go hand in hand! I love the Law part but I would love it even more if I could do it with Psychology. The combination of the two is very INTJ I think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts