Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow P. Cafers!
Question, what do you think is the personality type of Carrie Heffernan from the TV show, King of Queens.

I always found her personality, presentation, and figure stunning. I guess it has always been a lil' childhood fantasy. :unsure:

I was deciding between ESTJ, ISTJ, or ISFJ.

All help and responses will be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Basic Description:

She has minimal morals when regarding strangers.
She is loyal.
Married to a less mature/passive husband, she is the dominant one within the relationship.
She is very competitive.
She can be aggressive.
She can be controlling, especially with present/day-to-day decisions.
She is ambitious.
She is superficial.
She enjoys material comforts.
She views conflicts logically.
Has emotional outbursts, often after feeling betrayed by her husband.
Traditional family views.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the reason why I don't think he is an ISTP is due to his lack expressive emotions and lack of interest in intellectual activities.

I have an ISTP friend and grandfather. They both have quirky humor and interest in handy-man activities/repairing things. Doug does not seem to share that same level of mental interest and he uses emotional manipulation in the majority of his communication.

If Doug is an ISFP male, then TV Show-wise, it would fictionally make sense. Socionically, they would be semi-duals.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Well the reason why I don't think he is an ISTP is due to his lack expressive emotions and lack of interest in intellectual activities.

I have an ISTP friend and grandfather. They both have quirky humor and interest in handy-man activities/repairing things. Doug does not seem to share that same level of mental interest and he uses emotional manipulation in the majority of his communication.

If Doug is an ISFP male, then TV Show-wise, it would fictionally make sense. Socionically, they would be semi-duals.
I agree so much of the humour is from her ExxJness and his IxxPness. What about the dad? Jerry stiller <3

·
Registered
681 Posts
I can totally see ENTP he's so irreverent and gives zero shits I love him so much!!

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
I immediatly thought of ESTJ for Carrie, such an insensitive and cold person

She is a heartless person. Even on thanksgiving she literally keeps people standing in the cold outside. She is controlling Doug, having a bad mouth to most people, way too much to be introverted, so ESTJ for her

Every episode you got the typical Te-dom vs Fi-dom fight going on between Carrie, and Doug

Doug is very sensitive, and you hear him trying to remember Carrie people/he has feelings; Doug keeps helping other people all the time in the shows (unlike Carrie who is the exact opposite and thus disapproves of that (and vice versa of course); it makes so show), so ISFP for Doug. Is Doug really introverted though? His Se is strongly present as well, which obviously is good for the show him acing up to his Se. In a quite silly way often. He's quite the preformer. So I will give ESFP as another option for Doug.

I guess Arthur does have a little bit Kramer going on there, with his vague ideas, and acting upon them, so he doesn't sit still, is a little entrepreneur, so ENTP

·
Registered
681 Posts
I immediatly thought of ESTJ for Carrie

She is a heartless person. Even on thanksgiving she literally keeps people standing in the cold outside. She is controlling Doug, having a bad mouth to most people, way too much to be introverted, so ESTJ for her

Every episode you got the typical Te-dom vs Fi-dom fight going on between Carrie, and Doug

Doug is very sensitive, and you hear him trying to remember Carrie people/he has feelings; Doug keeps helping other people all the time in the shows (unlike Carrie who is the exact opposite and thus disapproves of that (and vice versa of course); it makes so show), so ISFP for Doug. Is Doug really introverted though? His Se is strongly present as well, which obviously is good for the show him acing up to his Se. In a quite silly way often. So I will give ESFP as another option for Doug.

I guess Arthur does have a little bit Kramer going on there, with his vague ideas, and acting upon them, so he doesn't sit still, is a little entrepreneur, so ENTP
I think isfp makes sense, although he's definitely not a strong introvert I still see him as an introvert. I agree with ESTJ for carrie she's super cold and yeah I see entp for the dad too, I love him!! <3

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
I think isfp makes sense, although he's definitely not a strong introvert I still see him as an introvert. I agree with ESTJ for carrie she's super cold and yeah I see entp for the dad too, I love him!! <3
Yeah let's stick with a strongly developped Se for Doug/this ISFP, I can agree with all that

Doug's feelings play a very important role in his actions, and in the show.

ISFP vs ESTJ thing going on. It makes the show. Fi vs Te doms. Lol. I could not survive that myself... (living/being with a Te-dom) ...though I ''have''

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah let's stick with a strongly developped Se for Doug/this ISFP, I can agree with all that

Doug's feelings play a very important role in his actions, and in the show.

ISFP vs ESTJ thing going on. It makes the show. Fi vs Te doms. Lol. I could not survive that myself... (living/being with a Te-dom) ...though I ''have''

The only Te doms I have ever really interacted with are bosses I've had/hated but they ended up hating me too 'cause I would just not take the job seriously and be my usual ENTP self. They don't like that! :p

·
Registered
681 Posts
Although ENTJ's tend to have more of a vision/bigger picture which I can totally respect they're not petty at all whereas ESTJ's just have a petty love of control that I can't deal with. Like I swear I never met people who love telling other people what to do like an ESTJ, it's bizarre.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,418 Posts
The only Te doms I have ever really interacted with are bosses I've had/hated but they ended up hating me too 'cause I would just not take the job seriously and be my usual ENTP self. They don't like that! :p
I can imagine having fun with someone like you. (More than the ESTJ bosses do, hehe)

Although ENTJ's tend to have more of a vision/bigger picture which I can totally respect they're not petty at all whereas ESTJ's just have a petty love of control that I can't deal with. Like I swear I never met people who love telling other people what to do like an ESTJ, it's bizarre.
Yeah that are ESTJs....... they are my allergy, and vice versa

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No offense taken, I am a renounced ENTJ! ESTP population... +1.

MUHAHAHAHA! :exterminate:

Regarding the King of Queens discussion, I agree with your guys' evaluations. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
681 Posts
No offense taken, I am a renounced ENTJ! ESTP population... +1.

MUHAHAHAHA! :exterminate:

Regarding the King of Queens discussion, I agree with your guys' evaluations. Thanks for the input!
I have been mistyped as an entj too. I think as an EXTP your extroverted function can mimic some of the more stereotypical aspects of the entj.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts