Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if my fellow ESTJs preferred cats or dogs? I am personally a cat person. Dogs seem too needy to me for some reason. I have 4 cats. :) What about you?

Man, this section is almost dead. :/

Reactions: SnowFairy

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
Dogs. Specifically German Shepherds.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I like both but I prefer cats. :kitteh: Especially big fluffy ones!

I'm very picky when it comes to dogs. German Shepherds (my favorite), Labs, Golden Retrievers, Huskies, Malamutes, Newfoundlands, Border Collies, and Corgis are the breeds that I like.

I HATE little yappy rat dogs and I'm not terribly fond of terriers or hounds.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was wondering if my fellow ESTJs preferred cats or dogs? I am personally a cat person. Dogs seem too needy to me for some reason.
oh my word. I completely understand about the too needy thing. I cannot stand how dogs need constant interaction. I've realized I often prefer introverted types of people too. I mean, not the entirely antisocial ones, but just in general.

Anyway, yes, I am a cat person. I love that they take care of themselves; I love how low maintenance they are. I love their brains. Really, though, they are very very intelligent animals. They just refuse to do anything unless its on their own terms. I think they are beautiful creatures. I love the way they purr. I love cuddling with them when they decide it's ok and come to me, etc. Cats are great.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting! Two ESTJs on here who have any fondness for dogs at all prefer German Shepherds or bigger dogs in general. Maybe they like "Guardian Dogs?" haha

Reactions: SnowFairy

·
Registered
289 Posts
You know, as far as dogs are concerned, I only deal well with medium-large dogs. I've noticed in general, the larger a dog, the less annoying and generally more friendly (I mean, a lot of this has to do with the personality of each individual dog; I'm just generalizing), but also the more slobbery. So medium sized dogs are great. My first dog was an American Eskimo Spitz and I loved her. I've also had a Border Collie mix and an Australian Shepherd. And I always liked German Shepherds. So.. maybe that is a trait common to ESTJs? But I don't like labs. Sorry, @SnowFairy !

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
@EmmaGilbert - I mostly find labs to be amusing. I've met a few with really goofy personalities. I think the black ones are cutest. I'm not really drawn to the other colored ones as much.

I think it's very interesting that most of us like German Shepherds. Maybe we're drawn to them because they are so much like us - loyal, protective, focused, etc. Not to mention they're gorgeous and super cute as puppies.

Canine perfection:

Even though I love German Sheperds, I still am more of a cat person though.

Fluffy cuteness! :kitteh:

·
Registered
289 Posts
German Shepherds are gorgeous. Most shepherds are, honestly. And my Eskimo Spitz was absolutely gorgeous. But I definitely agree about cats. I have an INTJ friend who likes cats but thinks it is silly that I like them because they are "cute." I mean, that's not the only reason I like them, but he was saying how he "only" likes them for their brains. He couldn't care less about them being "cute." For me, the cuteness is just an added bonus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts