• Neither, please also state why.

Votes: 8 11.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The age old debate: What is the better species, cats or dogs?

Please state which animal and your reasons why.

I like cats because they are self sufficient for the most part and less labor intensive. They are generally also smaller and easier to handle.

I also like cats because you have to earn their respect.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have had one cat that I loved very much. I had her from the time I was seven until I was sixteen. When I was sixteen she got hit by a cat. Haven't cared for cats much since.

I like dogs because they are loyal, more likely to save my life, think I'm the best, give me unconditional love, willing to die for me, risk their life for me. In short; dogs are pack animals like people. The reasons I like dogs better could go on for a very long time. Dogs can and do have their faults but their good points out wiegh the bad. I had a golden when I was 14 who saved my little sister from drowning ...

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I prefer both for different reasons.

In my subjective experience, according to only my dog and cats:

Positives with my dog (when she was alive):

She was loyal, sociable and loving, happy and lazy.

Negatives:

They smell, use people for food, and seem extremely stupid.

Positives with cats (from my previous two cats):

They are independent, active, cute, agile, use the litter box, and hunt for fun.

Negatives:

They are smug assholes that change their demeanor quickly. My cat will purr one moment and attempt to scratch my eyeballs out the next moment. However, it's always fun to find a decapitated rabbit on my front steps.

Cat Parasite Affects Everything We Feel and Do - ABC News
Toxoplasmosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
4/16/97 - Why shouldn't pregnant women clean the cat litter box?

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,367 Posts
Dogs...
They are actually more independant than cats to me....
They have "love eyes"
I am not hideously allergic to them
They are actually helpful ie guide dogs, and low blood sugar warning dogs, tracking dogs.
Always pleased to see you.
don't climb all over your keyboard or sit on your book you are reading.
don't put their stupid paw prints all over your car
their shit is far less pungeant
they eat nearly anything
they are good company on a walk
awwww fuck...I could actually be here forever....I really don't like cats. Dogs FTW!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Dogs. They help me control my episodes especially depression. Plus, they're good protectors and guards.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I like dogs too, but it's undoubtely cats.

Not as clingy as dogs. Independent. Self-sufficient. They don't smell.

For their elegance, beauty and air of mystery.

The challenge of earning their trust, respect and affection.

Cats purr.

Less noisy than dogs.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I like guinea pigs. They purr and are strokable like cats, chirp, are loyal, will beg for food in a cute way, and are not aggressive in any way. Only downside: they cannot be potty-trained. And no, not a dog person nor a cat person.

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,364 Posts
If you think that you don't have to work to get a dog's respect you are very very wrong. Dogs are pack animals and they need hierarcy, which means you have to work your way to earn the dog's respect and become the Alpha, otherwise, you lose, because the dog will take that place and hell will break loose in your house.

·
Administrator
ESFJ
22,367 Posts
If you think that you don't have to work to get a dog's respect you are very very wrong. Dogs are pack animals and they need hierarcy, which means you have to work your way to earn the dog's respect and become the Alpha, otherwise, you lose, because the dog will take that place and hell will break loose in your house.

Left field much?

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: PyrLove and beth x

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I didn't say my opinion just a fact to make some things clear :proud:
INTJ prefix means that the thread is intj specific and your posts will be deleted if requested.. just making sure you aren't lost.

Reactions: PyrLove and beth x

·
exploring space
ENFP
9,364 Posts
INTJ prefix means that the thread is intj specific and your posts will be deleted if requested.. just making sure you aren't lost.
Oh I didn't know that sorry. I've seen many "infiltrations" in our forum so I didn't think it was such a big deal.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Okay, I'm lost as well. What does the "left field" mean? And where does it say posts are subject to deletion if you post in the "wrong" forum?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts