Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to see if there is a trend among INTP's in regards to pet preference when it comes to cats and dogs. I read some where a while ago that the more intelligent you are the more likely it is for you to prefer a cat over a dog. Now I'm not trying to say that INTP = intelligence, but the majority of the ones Ive come across on here, and in real life seem to have above average intelligence. So which do you prefer, and why?

While I love dogs, personally I like cats more. They seem way less obedient and way more rebellious, something I respect. I like how they go about their day not giving a fuck, while dogs will be all sad and mopey when their favorite owner is not around. I love how they hunt as a lot of patience and tactics seem to be at play. Dogs just chase shit and don't seem to use the element of surprise. Last but not least, have you ever seen a kitten? Tell me you don't feel like you are about to throw up a rainbow whenever you do.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I really like dogs because they are nice and cuddly, but my favorite pet will probably have to be in favor of a cat, they're too much like me for me not to love them lol.

EDIT: but one of my dogs' fur is just soooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooft (I call her my little downy dog:blushed:).

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I like furry animals. Period.
I prefer bunnies over everything because I own one and she's my best friend.
But you didn't ask that, so I prefer cats. Specifically British Shorthairs.

Look at that face omg.

·
Banned
1,798 Posts
My family has raised both cats and dogs and I personally prefer cats. There is something mysterious about a cats behavior that makes it intriguing. They seem cold and distant but they do show moments of affection. Dogs tend to just spaz out a lot and go apeshit with their happiness, it gets too predictable at times. But I do see why people love dogs, they are very reliable and steady. Having an anchor at home that will welcome you and shower you with love no matter what is a nice and secure thing.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
It has to be a cat, I don't want a pet that constantly begs for food whenever its around and needs constant attention, I have trouble looking after myself let alone an animal aswell. Cats tend to be more independent, come and go as they please.....sort of like the women in my life

·
Registered
702 Posts
Cats all the way, I used to be neutral about dogs, but I hate them ever since we had one that would bark(not in a "HEY YOU'RE FINALLY HOME, I'M SO HAPPY" way) like a fucking retard at me every time I would come home for 5 years straight, or anyone in our building that just passed our door. Plus you have to take them outside to take a shit, which sucks.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I'm in the minority and will probably get pounded on about this but I'm completely indifferent about pets. I'll watch Discovery all day, but hearing someone talk about their pet dog or pet anything just makes me want to go do just about anything else.
To me it's about as interesting as you hearing about how my fantasy baseball team is doing.
I'll look at your pictures if I have to, but I'm just being polite.

Whenever I reveal this information, people assume I hate animals and have them buried in my basement. I like petting your dog or cat but like people I have enough of them after a short period of time.

·
Banned
5,394 Posts
I'm in the minority and will probably get pounded on about this but I'm completely indifferent about pets. I'll watch Discovery all day, but hearing someone talk about their pet dog or pet anything just makes me want to go do just about anything else.
To me it's about as interesting as you hearing about how my fantasy baseball team is doing.
I'll look at your pictures if I have to, but I'm just being polite.

Whenever I reveal this information, people assume I hate animals and have them buried in my basement. I like petting your dog or cat but like people I have enough of them after a short period of time.
Does anybody enjoy hearing about other people's pets?

·
Registered
284 Posts
I've never had a dog. I've had cats my whole life, but from visiting houses with dogs, I'm pretty sure I'd rather just stick with cats. I don't mind dogs like retrievers and German shepherds, but I can't stand the little dogs. SO ANNOYING.

Reactions: badgers

·
Registered
110 Posts
Dogs for me. I own a Border Collie, and it's one wonderful dog. While cats are like 'Give me food so I can chill 'gain *****', dogs actually care whether you're there or not, it seems to be personal taste whether this is good or not. The most I love about dogs is their flexibility to learn things, and this is also why I chose to have a Border Collie. I'm sure it's nice to see your cat cruising along your house now and then, and that they're great pets. But for me, dogs win.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hearing someone talk about their pet dog or pet anything just makes me want to go do just about anything else.
Dude, did I tell you what my cat did today? Well, there was a squirrel trapped in my enclosed backyard, so my cat starts to chase it around the pool. They must of done like 6-8 laps before the squirrel jumped back on to the screen wall. It was sooooooo sort of funny.

I hate cats.
Yeah, well, you’re ugly.

Reactions: Hruberen

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
YAH!

I like them bitches. Oh and the pussies. fuck yeah. Especially, when them bitches lick me.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YAH!

I like them bitches. Oh and the pussies. fuck yeah. Especially, when them bitches lick me.
You know, as a 21 year old male with cum coursing through my body, I'd appreciate innuendos that don't involve animals for such only leads to images in my head that uh... sorta confuse me... I think I may have to see my psychologist earlier this week now.

Reactions: Hruberen

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Cats. Hands down. They're soft, funny, and cuddly. And they're more like me than dogs. I can really connect to them on a different level. Lol.

I like some larger breeds of dogs.
Small dogs... I feel like they're rat-dog hybrids, or something. They're so scary when you give them a bath. I was taking care of my cousin's dog, a toy poodle, and it was so creepy when I gave him a bath. They're creepy, and annoying.

·
Banned
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was taking care of my cousin's dog, a toy poodle, and it was so creepy when I gave him a bath. They're creepy, and annoying.
I think toy poodles are cute, I don't like their bark though, it reminds of a rat trying to do it's best impression of a dog for some reason. What freaks me out about them is that they are always shaking. They make me feel like I should get them tested for Parkinsons or some shit.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I think toy poodles are cute, I don't like their bark though, it reminds of a rat trying to do it's best impression of a dog for some reason. What freaks me out about them is that they are always shaking. They make me feel like I should get them tested for Parkinsons or some shit.
Have you ever given one a bath? They look like gigantic rats when you give a toy poodle a bath. And yup, the bark is freaking annoying.
I've never noticed the shaking... but then again, I try not to look too closely at them. My cousin's dog's eyes freak me out.
...why do they shake?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I most definitely prefer cats, dogs are smelly, they drool all over, they are extremely noisy, and are much too focused on others, you have to take them on walks, and out to poop, which you later have to clean up, you need to give them baths to enforce clean hygiene

Cats are: self cleaning, random, cutesy, lovey, independent, can take care of themselves, are much harder to understand, more individualism between specific kitties.

Reactions: Jennywocky
1 - 20 of 62 Posts