Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In place of my childhood imagination, i think i developed something else. sometimes, i'll get introduced to some kind of idea and i'll get SO excited about it and think about it for hours, research the topic, try to understand it better, and just get so tangled up in all of the different parts of the idea. And then i realize i spent so much time caught up with this idea and my interest in this idea leaks into other parts of my life. I mean i still get my work done, but i'll get excited to have time to just spend THINKING about this idea.

haha do any of you guys relate to this?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
All the time! It's a shame because I end up not sleeping during the week days with my classes and homework. It's really bad time management on my part and I think I'm doing irreparable damage to my body.

Last week I went 2 days with only 1 hour of sleep because I spent my weekend caught up in researching and doing something that wasn't school related.

*shakes head* Which reminds me.. I SHOULD be doing homework right now! >__<

Reactions: penchant

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
yes definitely
It reminds me of the word synchronicity

One day you watch randomly a great show all about cats
and the next morning you find there is a cat on your porch
and then you see another one on the way home from work
And it's like --the truth may be that those cats have always been there, but they have just made their imprint on your awareness and it seems like they pop up everywhere (for you)

I think I solve problems this way also
I will look at a piece of bread, the way it's braided, and then bam, there's the answer to something I've been looking for...
I don't need to think about the problem. The solution just shows up and it makes the connections all on its own

It's also funny when you think about it because there are things I don't research obsessively
but I get this kind of tension when I see something
and then I remember, oh I saw something like that this morning...
I can sometimes get silly because I think I'm getting "messages" XD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do it all of the time. Some new interest comes to me and I revel in learning everything about it. If I'm buying some new vehicle or gadget or even just thinking that I might consider buying I immediately start buying or downloading owners manuals and repair manuals and read them from cover to cover. Often the intrigue and investigation turn out to be more rewarding than the object itself. This also happens around holidays, I get caught up in an idea for the perfect gift or the perfect decorating scheme and it becomes all consuming. My more practical wife will eventually accuse me of being on a quest again and force me to reign it in.

·
Registered
296 Posts
LOL as we speak I'm researching artificial intelligence programing :tongue:
Im going to be stuck on this tangent all day:wink:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well, I've been caught up here for about a month now. Does that count? :laughing:

Reactions: Daveman

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Yeah...... this is why you try to find a job relate to where you can use those ideas because if not you would never get the work done at your job. :laughing:

·
Banned
89 Posts
I totally relate. Sometimes it will be a weird obscure topic that doesn't have much relevance to real life but i'll become obsessed and know everything there is to know about that topic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts