Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my son is only 3 and a half years old, but of all the personality types so far, ENTP is the one that seems to fit him best. I realize this can change in the future, since I understand personalities aren't really set until sometime after age 6. But so far, some things about him that scream "ENTP"...

He loves being around people. He is always trying to initiate new friendships with other kids, to the point of annoying the other children.

He is constantly on the go mentally, and has a hard time focusing on one thing at a time. There's just so much to take in! My husband describes him as a "stimulation junkie."

Getting him to settle down enough to go to bed or take a nap is at least a one-hour process requiring full perseverence from his parents. If the parent working on putting him to bed loses focus on the task for just one minute, he will find a way to run away and go crazy again, forcing the whole process to start all over again. *sigh*

He loves being read to, and is excited about learning to read! He loves to find words that rhyme, or just words that sound funny or unusual.

He loves to speak "gibberish," and loves it even better when I speak "gibberish" back to him. It's his favorite game (other than the "let's see how long it takes Mommy and Daddy to put me to bed" game).

Potty training him has been a very long and drawn-out process; mostly because he thinks he is just too busy to bother with going to the bathroom.

He is impulsive (though, who isn't at age 3, I suppose?). He constantly fails to consider the consequences of his actions, most pointedly those involving his treatment of other children. He is just too busy to take the time to notice or consider other peoples' feelings or emotions. And no matter how many times I have attempted to point out kids' reactions to his behavior, he still has not caught on at all. I worry that he might get labeled as a "bully" when he starts school, though I know he does not intend to hurt others.

When he's outdoors, he will play contentedly on his own for hours; but try keeping him in the house and he grows bored faster than I can type this post!

·
Registered
547 Posts
WATCH OUT, i was just informed by several people on this forum that children have no type, and you guessing their type is foolish or something. And your kid probably has autism.

(I have an 8-year-old ENTP) :laughing:

·
Registered
547 Posts
I will say that I couldn't guess her type when she was 3, although all of her personality was present. I guessed correctly early on that she is extroverted -- the NTish stuff didn't really become crystal clear until she could talk to me at length.. :wink:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WATCH OUT, i was just informed by several people on this forum that children have no type, and you guessing their type is foolish or something. And your kid probably has autism.

(I have an 8-year-old ENTP) :laughing:
I know I can't for-sure type my kid yet (didn't I say that in my OP?). That doesn't mean he can't already be displaying some marked preferences for certain functions, even though those preferences may change in the future.

Autism? Seriously? You would not say my kid "probably has autism" if you knew him. My description in the OP is far from all-inclusive. ADD/ADHD, maybe. Not autism.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I think missfixit was parodying what had been said about her daughter there, not making a comment about your son.

He sounds very like my son was at 3. At 12, my son is ENFJ.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm pretty sure kids don't have fully developed personalities.

If you're convinced you're three year old is an Ne dom. Don't be supprised when he ends up a ENFP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts