Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!!

Whether you have a Christian background or not, Easter has always symbolized a new beginning which has made me think of something. If you were given a new beginning (a chance to live your life so far again), how would you live it differently if it all? Is there something you have always regretted that you wished you could go back and redo?

·
Registered
178 Posts
You know what's funny, I actually been thinking about that as of late. All my past experiences and decisions the good, bad and ugly have all lead me to where I am today. Sometimes I get so frustrated with my life which is justified and other times I take my life for granted. I think most of here are just far too young to come here and say one way or the other.

I would rather just focus on what I can change and have control over the most, my future. But to say that I have no regrets would be a lie.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I wouldn't hang around with stupid people in high school who ultimately didn't even care about me just used me. I would have tried to be more willing to approach people and find better meaningful friends to hang out with, I'd probably be much more 'developed' today if I had made proper friends.

I wouldn't have put so much on getting good grades. It's important but so are things out of school I would have gotten a job as well.

Probably wouldn't stay on in school as long as I did if I didn't really enjoy it anyway. It would have been better if I left school, learned to drive got a job went to college or university.

I could go on lol but I can't change it anyway.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Yes. I'd live by the well trod maxim.......

"Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday............

........and it didn't happen!"

Reactions: entpIdeas

·
Registered
322 Posts
haha I hope you had a happy Easter too!

well, I consider myself as a good person who had bad habits when was younger, and those bad habits are what make me the me today.

if I could start my life again, I would not stand too close in front of the TV everyday or play computer games and not doing my homework, because doing those things made me a blind person like today.

I would told my parents to let me learn a music instrument when I was 4 because now is too late.

I would work harder on English when I was younger so now I won't have to suffer in English lesson.

I would spend more time with my grandma.

·
Banned
956 Posts
That's funny because I was thinking today, not even connecting it with Easter, that I should just live like my slate was wiped. Pursue passions more, not let anyone bring them down, get to know people in replacement of all the ones I had let slip. I wish I hadn't taken my youth for granted because everything's so far away now and there was so much time in between for me to build myself up but I wasted it.

It's probably not possible to really start anew but living with that freshness in mind can help.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter!!!

Whether you have a Christian background or not, Easter has always symbolized a new beginning which has made me think of something. If you were given a new beginning (a chance to live your life so far again), how would you live it differently if it all? Is there something you have always regretted that you wished you could go back and redo?
I'm not exactly going to follow your parameters...

If I could relive my life (assuming I choose where to be born), I would choose to be born somewhere I could more easily pursue a greater spiritual path toward my faith in God. A place where I would have been raised with meditation, so the basics would be second nature to me. As it stands now, I having to learn this stuff on my own... and it's hard to know if I'm doing it correctly without some input from someone more experienced. Plus, I've developed in a way that my habits and behaviors are such that it inhibits spiritual growth.

A master once said a person might spend a whole lifetime resolving one problem they possess.

I feel as though this life has reached a dead-end in spiritual progression, though, I know that's incorrect... it's just me being discouraged. I just often think a fresh start, could afford better opportunities toward the path I want. So I don't know...

The things that are important to me, just aren't occurring in this life. I mean I enjoy my job, but it serves to pay my bills... which serve to not burden others with my existence. This is important, but there's not much meaning to find in it. It's not that I want to volunteer or do something remarkably generous either. It doesn't suit me because I'd usually rather keep to myself.

So I would choose a different setting entirely, one that could help cultivate the person I want to be, rather than a life focused on work that achieves almost nothing.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I do not seriously regret any of the mistakes I've made. They are the reason for my successes, and for that manner, I wouldn't change a thing.

If anything, I would have gone back to the child in the midst of her middle school years and yelled at her "Yo! Yes, you! Don't hate your flaws. Embrace them! Accept everything about yourself in its entirety. Find your balance. Don't worry about the others because you are loved. And this is your answer."

For me, it was one of those concepts that the person needs to come to a conclusion on their own to grasp. But the moment that I'd truly understand this didn't come until years later. I think a lot of pain would have been saved if I had already known this.

But then again, if I had this self-realization too early on, I don't think I would have ever become so accustomed with "darkness" and "sorrow". I wouldn't have appreciated the small moments of happiness the same way as I do now. I wouldn't have gained the same wisdom. I would not have been me.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm not very far in this life yet, but I wouldn't want to live it again differently. Even as early on in my life as I am, I've had a lot of problems, but those problems made me a better person for enduring them. That which does not kill you can only make you stronger, right?

·
Registered
885 Posts
It depends...

If I went back in time with my maturity and development as a person, then things would be drastically different. For 11 years, from my junior year in HS forward, I was given into delusion and false ideas that set me up for so much ruin... ruin I have yet to recover from, 4 years later. These things molded me into what I am today (for better and worse), so if I was already developed and had knowledge of how false my mindset was, things would be different. This whole thing engenders a lot of interesting philosophical and ethical dilemmas for me.

If I went back in time without any knowledge from this first go 'round, then I can only imagine I would do everything the same for the very reason I did it the first time. I lived the way I did based on false pretenses. If I was given the opportunity to do it again, if nothing let me know these things I believed were false, I would likely do it the same by default.

·
Maid of Time
549 sx/sp
14,749 Posts
One thing I'd redo is major in science or psychology at school, and I'd push through with a masters and/or doctorate. At the time, I had no idea what I wanted to do, and I wasn't even sure who I was, so I just confused myself. I finally do make a decent paycheck, but I don't particularly enjoy what I do as much as I'd enjoy something in those areas.

Another thing is that I wouldn't have married early, and I would have gotten my life together first -- figured out who I was, taken steps to pursue that, THEN start building my life on that foundation. I would have married someone different.

The only issues there are (1) i love my kids, they're something positive that came from some less-wise decisions I made, and wouldn't want to lose them, and (2) a lot of who I am now and what maturity I found came from going through those horrible situations, so who would I be if my life had been different, earlier?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Funny thing is, I've been thinking about this too - and starting to do it (after all, it's never too late!).

I won't write this from the perspective of 'I wish I should have ...' or 'Looking back, I would change ...', but from the perspective of what I can do now, knowing the things I do.

I want to be more open-minded towards people, more accepting of them for all their idiosyncrasies and more forgiving when they do do insensitive things .... and open myself up to guys that I've never really considered before. I will be less quick to judge and try to see people for who they really are.

For myself, whilst I've never been one to care about appearances (I have long scorned love affairs with designer clothing, make-up accessories, and shallow girls), I think I'll try to put a little more effort in the way I present myself to the world. Although I will always remember that it's what is on the inside that matters, sometimes looking sweet and pretty can bring a little sunshine to other people's lives ... and make you feel better too. I've noticed that since bothering a little with my appearance, I've been attracting more friendly stares and smiles.

... I also hope for the opportunity to fall in love (real love) one day ...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.