Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made this thread to let everyone know that I changed my username from Ishan. I didn't want to use my real name for I have shared personal stuff here and who knows, people I know in person might find me here. They'd know things which I have only shared with one person in real life.
Anyway, "Static Dream" is what my life is right now. It's not moving forward.

For the sake of not having a redundant thread, why do you like being anonymous here? Does it make a difference?

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The anonymity allows me to vent the thoughts that constantly plague me and that I can't really talk about to those around me. It also brings out my true character/personality, where in RL, I would only be that way with the small group of people I really trust.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I don't mind people knowing but it would feel like they are looking through my soul.

Side: I hope people still recognize me. o_O

@qingdom, I might be a true test to your experiment. Heh

·
Registered
454 Posts
I wonder if anyone else pays more attention to the avatar than the screen name; I know I do. Just keep that picture for a while so no one gets confused.

I haven't said anything that I believe requires me to be anonymous; be it personal facts or what not. Unless I had people looking to make my life worse I can't justify being anonymous.

·
Registered
iNtp sp/sx x84
5,197 Posts
As if I could escape myself so easily...

I'd have just enough ego to believe I'm infamous

although everywhere I go

I'm still confused for other people.

Even my mum has to go through the list of names before she remembers mine.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Because internet identity if quite dynamic. You can say what you believe, collaborate, and if your internet identity gets burned to pieces, you can trash it and create a new one. In real life, what people know, they know forever....and I am no master of disguise (great movie btw).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts