Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Okay, I have a few questions: Is it possible that the personality type changes? Is a personality type defined from birth on? and last but not least, is the type progression depending on the current personal living condition?

I mean I'm INFP and my living condtitions are... well... let's say not amusing in a serious way (long and pretty priavte story). Nevertheless, every PT (personality type) can have quite similar living conditions and experiences.

Oh and is it like, that we all actually have ALL 16 types in us? Some more in the foreground, others more in the background and one determining type on the rulers throne...

·
Registered
610 Posts
Research so far seems to indicate that your MBTI brain configuration is hardwired. So short of getting a brain transplant, you're stuck with the same personality for life. It's alive and it grows, though.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Research so far seems to indicate that your MBTI brain configuration is hardwired. So short of getting a brain transplant, you're stuck with the same personality for life. It's alive and it grows, though.
M'kay... and what about that we might have ALL 16 in us?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I agree that MBTI type doesn't change. As far as having all 16 types in you, I would say you don't have all 16 types, but you do have elements of all 8 aspects of it.
No one is 100% Introverted, so if you're 75% Introverted, then you're also 25% Extroverted, so the same goes for the other 6 things. Its like your MB personality is determined by how much of each of the 8 things you are.

But, I would also think that each type is also more than a sum of its parts, so you can't have more than one... if you end up being INFP, according to the percentages, then that's your type and you really don't have any the other types "in you."

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
No. It's more like having preferences, rather than abilities. For example if you're left handed, you are not right handed. You can still use your right hand, but for most things you'll want to use left. You're naturally more skilled with it.
Yeah, that's a really good analogy.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
You can be mistyped, but your type can't change, only be improved upon by strengthening lower cognitive functions. I don't know about the Enneagram though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts