Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've noticed that i am not particularly impressed or swayed by charisma... i've met individuals in my life who were VERY charismatic and commanded the full attention of hundreds of people at a time. and i've also met people who deeply admire this charismatic person, based on this person's confidence or strong personality.

I'm not a charismatic person myself, but when I meet someone with overflowing charisma, I have an interesting inexplicable interaction with them. I know this is a strange statement, but I feel that I am running into myself many years down the line. It's because lately i've been realizing that the world doesn't really want me to be who i am. this doesn't mean i will STOP being who i am, but instead, I have been developing a strong and beautiful mask and armour that i wear out to the world. and to me, this mask and armour represent what the world views as beautiful and acceptable. And i wear this mask and armour over my soul. So when I meet a very charismatic individual, i see that they are wearing a mask that attracts many around them, and I relate to this. And while I do not consider myself a charismatic person IRL, I feel that if I continue to go on with this mask/armour, i will eventually be like this person.

To me, charismatic people are people who have completed the task of "dying within" in that they have accomplished the ability to suppress one's inner-self and to live AS the mask/armour they wear. Does anyone relate to this? Maybe it is because I am struggling through some things right now, and lately I have a creeping fear that I will continue to live life with these masks and armours, without being able to find acceptance in the world as who I am. I guess to me... charismatic people live in their own prison, something I am slowly feeling for myself. Am i reading into things too deeply? Anyway.. Ij ust had to get this all off of my chest.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I see the whole thing with the masks differently, I see that as long as you put on a mask that you like and is good for you then as you slowly forget that your wearing a mask you become some one better, and if you wait a long enough period of time then the mask become you. So perhaps people are also attracted to what they see as the good/better qualities that make up the mask? Just a thought on a different take on the whole mask thing (A slightly more positive one I think).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts