Personality Cafe banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
What do you think their types are based on the book?
Well, I'm not sure. I haven't read it for at least fifteen years. I was just amused by how people would be like "Hmm, Johnny Depp or Gene Wilder...?" without consideration to the source material.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Recently I picked up a copy of "How to Speed Read People" and then used it to create an online test so you could test other people, characters in stories, etc. (the link is in my signature). I then ran it for the characters in the 2005 movie version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Here's what it reported (more or less. Some of the ones that were reported didn't seem right to me when I read the descriptions so I changed them to something that felt like better fit):

Charlie Bucket: INFP
Mr. Bucket: ISFP
Mrs. Bucket: ISFJ
Grandpa Joe: ENFP
Grandpa George: INTP
Grandma Josephine: ISFJ
Grandma Georgina: ISFP
Augustus Gloop: ESFP
Mrs. Gloop: ESFP
Mr. Gloop: ISTP
Veruca Salt: INTJ
Mr. Salt: INTJ
Mrs. Salt: ENTJ
Violet Beauregarde: ESTP
Mrs. Beauregarde: ESTP
Mike Teevee: INTP
Mr. Teevee: INTP
Mrs. Teevee: INFJ
Willy Wonka: ENFP
Wilbur Wonka: ISTJ

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm just bumping this because I want to know what type Willy Wonka is. I think he may not fit into a type, especially since there isn't enough about his character to judge it.

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
I think INFP is more likely. He comes across as more of an idealist NF than a guardian SJ.
You think so? He seems like he's very protective of his family. Especially when he is willing to sell his golden ticket cause his family needs the money, I can definitely see an ISFJ doing this. He's quite, humble, imaginative... those traits can describe either ISFJ or INFP, he kind of has this humble but steady vibe I get from ISFJ's.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts