Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, are there any INFPs out there with extraverted type characteristics? Please show yourself!
I want to talk to yous!:happy:

·
Registered
509 Posts
I CAN BREAK THESE CUFFS!

Oh hey what? INFP with Extroverted qualities? Well now, I'd must say that my spontaneous happy-go-lucky battle warcries in real life and my love to dance would fall under those categories, no? <3 My story times are fun. Mutated carrots flying around Mars fighting off the space typhoon bunnies, in an epic battle to save Commandeer Bigglesworth.

I love talking and hanging out with friends, and I'm good at talking to strangers? <3

Does that work? XD

·
Registered
86 Posts
Me!!

I can be very chatty with another fellow Introvert, but i do struggle to 'beat' the other person when he/she is an Extrovert. Usually i'll end up being quiet and just let the Extrovert continue to talk. Im just chatty when the other person is a reserved type.

I can approach strangers too, as long as they are INDIVIDUALS. when they are in a group (even if i know the group), i'll usually shy away n will never approach them. i somehow feel inferior to a GROUP OF PEOPLE

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
*Raises hand*

I definitely have some extrovert qualities.

For starters, I'm usually the one to break the ice in group situations where everyone is sat around in awkward silence. I am also a very spontaneous character; I'm the type of person that will just say "balls to this" and bugger off to Paris for a week (yep, I did that once :p had a great time too!)

I'm quite chatty when I have the energy for it too, though I am most definitely an introvert at my core. I've been described as a very friendly, personable chap by my peers and I do tend to get on very well with most people. Sometimes it all gets a bit too much though and I have to retreat to my dark corner to recharge my batteries :) I thought I was an ENFP for a while so I checked it out (with the help of members here on PerC) but yeah, I'm definitely an INFP. Proud to be too! ;)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Occasionally I am mistaken for an Extravert. But in reality, I am nowhere near an extravert. My open spontaneity and garrulousness seem to come as a direct result of my surroundings and companions. As others have mentioned, groups sap these qualities right out of me, and I am usually extremely reserved. If I am in a one-on-one situation, or with two other people, my spontaneity can burst through the seams if I believe these companions already understand me well, and I can feel comfortable letting out whatever is inside without judgment. I am very keen in perceiving who is likely to pass judgment upon me, and for what sort of action.

Another reason I can open up is when I get the "feel" that I am dominant in some way. If my companion is more reserved than I am, and I sense that the pilot position is free that I may set the tone and energy for the situation, then I will seize it. This leads to me often having a very zany, almost manic energy. Sometimes I will just start beat-boxing, flapping my arms gracefully and taking flight around a room or outdoors, or perhaps I will take hold of invisible jungle vines and pantomime myself swinging from vine to vine. There is little doubt this is attention-seeking behavior, but I also enjoy entertaining shy people, and knowing that I am creating some perplexity.

In the matter of communication, I may explode into a rapid-fire investigation of a subject, involving lots of colorful speculation, and questions to my companion(s). I like to see if I can engage them with as much fascination as I have for the subject at hand. Sometimes it is a fun challenge to read the other people and do an impromptu interpretation of what sort of communication will spur others into the throes of fanciful engagement. I have a friend who loves theories, but is suspicious of loosely-applied speculation (INTJ), so with inward glee I mentally dart around looking for a theoretical subject to broach that will enrapture his fancy without triggering his suspicions. It takes some occasional mental acrobatics on my part, because he is quick to notice exceptions and point out discrepancies, so I have to maintain strong cognizance. This sort of mentally-involving communication allows me as an INFP to open up and enjoy vivid dialogue and spontaneity.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I'm for sure like this with close friends/family...does that count? Not around people I don't know very well though...then I'm the complete opposite. Except online...:crazy:

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
when in the company of Introverts i am quite talkative and stuff. honestly if think i someone will listen i'll talk and talk

·
Banned
463 Posts
Depending on my environment, I can be VERY chatty/outgoing/random/crazy.
I never really know the cause of this behavior... Sometimes I wish it would come out more often, other times I realize I seem utterly psychotic when this happens.

It can be overbearing. I get really loud and obnoxious, some people will laugh and go along with it. Enjoy themselves. Other people are totally turned off and can't even handle being in the same room with me. I used to question whether I was bipolar and this was just a state of mania, but it seems to always be triggered by my best friend. So I decided not.

4,757 Posts
All can say is: yup, I'm exactly the same.

Like tonight, I was very loud and chatty and insane at a family friends' house. I dominated conversation and I can do that quite naturally.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I think other people would mistake me as an extrovert sometimes. At places where I feel moderately comfortable with people I feel warm towards, I dominate the conversation, and if it makes someone happy, I'll keep doing it, but if it is a group, I will feel more nervous with each new person, so any groups larger than 5 people is an automatic turnoff. And I become introvert again. :)
Except online. ALWAYS extrovert, except when I'm blogging. It feels too personal to have those thoughts out there somewhere concrete where all these millions of strangers of different backgrounds and personalities judge or criticize my ideas and opinion. I will take the chance one day, though.
I am most comfortable with another introvert, where we BOTH turn "extroverted", or a tiny group of 3 introverts (preferably). I love extroverts though, most of my friends are extroverts.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes me. Depends who I'm with though and how comfortable I am with them. I could act like that with a stranger even if I'm comfortable. I've been mistaken as an extrovert and having a care-free and bubbly personality even DX

·
Registered
243 Posts
otherwise...I'm your classic introvert, I can be outgoing and chatty about a topic that I'm passionate about...but that opportunity doesn't present itself often

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
In context of the Myers-Briggs, the first letter deals with where we get our energy. It has nothing to do with being social, or enjoying being social or having good social skills.

I'm an social introvert. My wife who's an INTJ is also a social introvert. We throw dinner parties monthly. We talk easily with other people including strangers because that just a skill you learn like riding a bike. They're both hard-to-learn/easy-to-do skills. It's hard to learn to ride a bike, but once you learn it then it's easy to do. Same goes with talking to people.

The difference between social introverts and extroverts is that we're tired after social engagements where as extroverts are more energized after being with people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help

I am spontaneous Idealist too, and every time I startsomething I get bored with it, and move on to the next thing. But now I amworking on something I would like to see it to the end, which is finding myfather grave, but in order to find his grave I have to fly to Somalia. But I havefear of flying, I been to many psychologist and every time I get bored withtheir routine sessions and stop it, then I would get depressed for finishingit, then I would remember my father and get more depressed, every time I walkpass a cemetery I stop and watch people visiting their loved loves and I wishand pray my father’s name was on one of those stone. I have to find him. But thequestion how do I keep myself motivated to finish this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts