Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
my guess? ISFJ

ps, being fiercely private would fit well with that type.

also - isnt hillary estj? and bill esfp? i dont think genetics has a role in mbti, but their types are definitely worth noting.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting, that's not what I was thinking for her at all. I believe Hillary Clinton is ISTJ and Bill Clinton is ESFP.

Just for the record, she seems to hate the media because of the way they treated her when President Clinton was in office. They were constantly insulting her appearance on late night. And then of course, there was the Monica Lewinsky scandal, which was apparently very traumatizing for her. My point is that her intense protection of her privacy may be a result of a private personality or it may be a reaction to other circumstances of her life.

·
Registered
836 Posts
whats your typing for her then?

and i agree that the privacy issues could very well be a reaction to external events.

i definitely see I, and S, and J for chelsea. T vs. F is questionable.

Nothing to suggest N at the moment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My general impression is ENTP. Very similar mannerisms and behavior to female ENTPs I've known.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My general impression is ENTP. Very similar mannerisms and behavior to female ENTPs I've known.
if that is the case - intuition is her dominant quality.

***so - what is your basis for N?

(i'll give you mannerisms and behavior - because it seems incidental to mbti typing, not the basis for)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I want to say INTP, though I don't deeply identify with her apparent positions. (I get the feeling she put pressure on herself to "do something" with her life, and lacks conviction in the specific choices she made.)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To be honest, my original guess was INTP too. I shifted to ENTP based on VI (bone structure very reminiscent of Sarah Silverman) and examining the pattern of her responses to questions. She seemed to react almost immediately to questions, starting to talk but still working through her thoughts as she was speaking. In general I've found INTPs to take more time to "hatch" their responses than ENTPs. So, on the scale, E seemed to fit better than I.

Those are interesting observations, EZ. I hadn't picked up on those specifically. But it did strike me that in the second video she said it's really important to her that people understand why she is passionate about supporting her mother and that she's a lot more comfortable talking to people face to face rather than doing a media interview and having a general 'persona' that affects people. I really get the impression that she doesn't want to be misconstrued.

·
Registered
122 Posts
??? bone structure? the way she answers questions?

is that serious how you type someone? good lord.
I use bone structure as a typing tool all the time. It works best when combining that with habitual expressions and temperament, etc. Which is convenient, because people display all of those things. :)

Seriously though, my position is that type is a "standardized" biological system. This position came after noticing that people of a type tend to share physical qualities. They mutually reinforce.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Not to be too pointed, but maybe if your estimation of her type was even close to correct, this post would have some merit.
I think that's a fair response. My post was pointed also.

Welp, safe to say, I disagree with you and Edmond. I highly doubt that bone structure tells you someone's myers briggs type.

And, so far, both of you have very little evidence to suggest she is either ENTP or INTP (other than mannerisms and bone structure) - so your position that my typing is incorrect is pretty much up in the air.

Give me something... an interview where she's really awkward like Stephen King (famous INTP), an interview where she becomes excited over a theory, an interview where she is being arrogant, or perhaps an interview where she argues over the definition of something?

Any of those things would suggest INTP.

To me, she seems very traditional, security oriented, SJ.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just find it weird that you typed Chelsea Clinton as an ISFJ, which was totally incorrect...and seems to indicate that whatever your methods are for typing, they're totally useless...and yet you're weirdly belittling methods that are working, as if you have even a semblance of a better method.

But hey, that's just me.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I just find it weird that you typed Chelsea Clinton as an ISFJ, which was totally incorrect...and seems to indicate that whatever your methods are for typing, they're totally useless...and yet you're weirdly belittling methods that are working, as if you have even a semblance of a better method.

But hey, that's just me.
How do you know that ISFJ is incorrect? Based on what - your own typing?

Anyone who posts here knows that MBTI has to be taken by the person, in a controlled environment, and then the assigned type must be determined a best fit by the person taking the test. So unless you know Chelsea has taken the test... we're all here just guessing her type (and attempting to use evidence to support our guesses).

A better method for typing (as opposed to bone structure) involves looking at a person's actions, use of imagery in language, use of feeling in conversation, how argumentative they are... etc...

I'd love for this thread to get other responses, and not just our bickering, btw, as I am actually kind of curious what other people think about her type. Especially because she is usually so private.

·
Registered
122 Posts
How do you know that ISFJ is incorrect? Based on what - your own typing?
You know, her bone structure isn't unlike that of ISFJs, either...I'll take a closer look, see if INTP or ISFJ works best.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
She's my type.

·
Registered
122 Posts
ISFJs and Clinton:

Dido

Clinton

Jessica Alba

·
Registered
157 Posts
MORONS.... you're terrible at typing people.

BILL CLINTON = ENFP
HILLARY CLINTON = ENTJ

DIDO = INFJ

SENSORS THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!

CHELSEA CLINTON
= HARD TO PEG. She seems like a Sensor, a mild one at least...

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
MORONS.... you're terrible at typing people.

BILL CLINTON = ENFP
HILLARY CLINTON = ENTJ

DIDO = INFJ

SENSORS THEY ARE NOT!!!!!!!

CHELSEA CLINTON
= HARD TO PEG. She seems like a Sensor, a mild one at least...
If you are going to go around calling other people morons, you should at least know what you are talking about yourself. So let's put this to the test. Why do you think the Clintons and Dido are the types you say they are?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts