Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after reading her book Chelsea Chelsea, Bang Bang, I've started watching Chelsea Handler's show. And now I'm curious as to what people think her type is. For those who may not be familiar with her.... Here is a little clip of her show:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I would agree with ESTP.

(That said, I think it's really difficult to type comedians. Remember, these people have developed their sense of humor as a coping device for life. Frequently they have hard upbringings, and the humor is really just a shell for their deep understanding of the serious side of the world. As such, it's tough to completely type a shell.)

·
Registered
815 Posts
I would agree with ESTP.

(That said, I think it's really difficult to type comedians. Remember, these people have developed their sense of humor as a coping device for life. Frequently they have hard upbringings, and the humor is really just a shell for their deep understanding of the serious side of the world. As such, it's tough to completely type a shell.)

You just said everything I wanted to say :laughing:

I love chelsea handler though. I'll add that.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it helps to have read her book(s). I, too, was thinking ESTP. Or ESFP... But she really only seems to have the fuzzy lovey dovey F for her dog. :tongue: She is definitely an entertainer which usually gets typed as ESFP, but I also think ESTPs can be quite the source of entertainment... Also, it seems like she really likes to play practical jokes on people.... Which I think ESTPs would be all about too.

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
She is a straight up ESTP all the way.

Reactions: Resta Um

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
She's sarcastic, open, assertive, funny and spontaneous. I don't know what she's like outside of her show and I haven't read her books, but why is she ESTP rather than ENFP? Don't ENFP's like practical jokes as well?

·
Registered
25 Posts
She's sarcastic, open, assertive, funny and spontaneous. I don't know what she's like outside of her show and I haven't read her books, but why is she ESTP rather than ENFP? Don't ENFP's like practical jokes as well?
She has no real ENFP (or F period) warmth about her at all, really.

Total ESTP.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
The most common view of Chelsea is ESTP, as well as 7w8.

Chuy is most likely ISTP 9w8.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I've just started watching Chelsea on Netflix.
I honestly don't have any idea. ESTP? ENTP? ENFP? ENTJ?
I get that she's a smart person, as in having a clue about the world that surrounds her, but honestly I've never seen a woman like that.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,808 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,808 Posts
Actually THAT ^ would be my other guess if not ESTP. Definitely NOT NP tho. She is not Ne/Si imo

Closest possibility to me is either ESTP or ENTJ way too much Ni/Se tho to be NP imo
People can often identify the difference between Ni-Se and Ne-Si; I feel like people with Ne-Si appear more masculine than those with Ni-Se.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
ENTP.
I see that we agree on her Ti-Fe preference so I won't elaborate on that.
But I think her blatant stance on not having children and repressing everything that's conventional, including family, marriage, a "normal" life (as in responsible, role model) and advertising her drinking, one-night stands, and "special" relationship with her father (as in she hates him) is more than Ti's habit to dissect values and being "unorthodox".

So I think it's her inferior Si coupled with her dominant Ne is that rebels against conventionalities and trying to show a new way of life.
ENTPs often change the world and she has ideas that are definitely out of range for a Se dom.
She has remarks and a humor that is so unconventional and so original that it's hard for me to type her anything other than ENTP.

(hey it's a female ENTP. so that's what it looks like)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

I'm thinking maybe she and Angelina Jolie met before and Angelina Jolie dissed her thinking she was trash then Chelsea would do everything to badmouth her, lol. But I find it ironic that an ESTP (Angelina Jolie) is *doing something to the world more* compared to someone who's N (which is, as a stereotype, known to be innovators and world-changers), like Chelsea handler. (ENTP)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts

I'm thinking maybe she and Angelina Jolie met before and Angelina Jolie dissed her thinking she was trash then Chelsea would do everything to badmouth her, lol. But I find it ironic that an ESTP (Angelina Jolie) is *doing something to the world more* compared to someone who's N (which is, as a stereotype, known to be innovators and world-changers), like Chelsea handler. (ENTP)
Jolie is ESTP?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts