Personality Cafe banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The answer is, a really tormented 6! Especially when the 6 has the 1 for a supervisor. And I'm the 6, by the way. And actually, the 1 isn't really my supervisor, he just kind of thinks he is, so he walks in and demands I do things that he wants done, even though he has no authority to do so what-so-ever. (At least to my understanding.) But that is such a 1 thing: to micro-manage. And it is such a 6 thing to NOT want to be micro-managed. So anyways, you can imagine what kind of volcanic activity there is boiling underneath the surface here. For both of us probably, because by now I'm sure it's no surprise to him that I have no respect left for him. (Coincidentally, this is the same 1 mentioned in my post, "Follow Up".) Yeah, so, I try not to sound too angry when he comes in throws another task on my shoulders as if I had room for more responsability, but I'm at the point where my anger is pretty much non-concealable anymore. And really, his behaviors are outrageous. I used to give him such credit for being such a healthy 1, but that was until I worked with him directly. Now I understand why everyone else has always been pitching a fit about him. But it's really not that he is a bad person, he's just ignorant as...I can't even think of what! He just doesn't know any better. This goes to prove what I've been saying all along: Knowing your enneagram will, if nothing else, give you tolerance for others. The only reason I haven't beat this guys ass in is because I know he is a 1, and an ignorant and uninformed 1 at that, and I feel kinda sorry for him. He's making other people's lives miserable and he doesn't even know it. But then again, I'm not sure he'd care. His main priority is deinfately himself. He is in 1,000% self-preservation mode. Which in turn causes me to retreat into MY self-preservation mode because this guy is attacking me. Working with people like this makes me hate my job. And mind you, my job isn't as bad as it used to be, for which I am SUPER thankful. But I don't know...There is still a freakishly huge amount of improvement to be made around here, including in myself, and it makes me sad and angry because I'm the only one who is interested in improvement. I am thankful for my friend Ross who has taken an interest in the enneagram. It's rephreshing to see someone who is at least interested. Hopefully he will take the time to learn all the numbers, because everyone needs to have a working function of the enneagram. At the very least, your own number. There is just no excuse for the ignorance. So it's good for me to have Ross. He gives me hope. He is a 9, by the way, which is another reason why I really like him. I like all 9s. I've never met a 9 I didn't like. 9s are good for me I think. They help me relax. Unless they go off in to some crazed 1 wing idea...My husband does that sometimes, and so does Ross for that matter, although my husband is MUCH worse about it. But I'm sure I only think that because I spend most of my time with him. I'll bet if I were married to Ross I'd see a bit more of his 1 wing tendencies. But anyways...All this is beside the point. I just needed to come and vent because I've had about all I can take of working with guy. It seems like 1s and I just don't get along too well, because all the other 1s I've ever known have been just as bad. But then again, I'm sure that my own defencies have contributed to the relationship issues I have with 1s. I can't do anything about them, so the least I can do it just make sure that I am healthy, and I have a long way to go to get there. I would like to learn to do more than just tolerate these people, I'd like to actually enjoy their company. The new question is: How?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts