Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
The subject, or are you talking about relationships?

Either way its important.

Do I enjoy the subject? No. I didn't like it and I didn't like math. Physics I kinda liked though.

·
mafia mod
13,335 Posts
What a bummer, i was ready to answer the question based on the science of chemistry.

Ok so how far up the priority list is it for me? Not high at all.

·
Registered
61 Posts
In relationships I like chemistry a lot. So far I've only met two girls who created a lot of chemistry. It's like the most fantastic feeling in the world you just feel the chemicals surge through your brain and the rest of your body making your skin tingle.

But for friendship I don't care, as long as they have integrity and honesty along with good ethics, values, and morals.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I can't afford to be picky with people or I would never talk to anyone. When I do "click" with someone, I am grateful. Chemistry is hard to quantify, though.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Depends.

Its not a matter of chemistry... its more of a tolerance. I'm very quick to judge people and know exactly what kind of person they are (I have deushbag radar). I will not hang out with people I cannot stand and I will enjoy the company of people I can tolerate.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I think it's important, though over-chemistry kind of makes me distrust my judgment and will try to step back to see it from a clearer angle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was a chemical engineer and though its pretty important, now I avoid chemistry like the plague. if you are talking about "chemistry" like with relationships, I'm pretty oblivious to that sort of thing so i guess not important to me.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I was a chemical engineer and though its pretty important, now I avoid chemistry like the plague. if you are talking about "chemistry" like with relationships, I'm pretty oblivious to that sort of thing so i guess not important to me.
I was a computer engineer in college until I switched my major. After I switched, I publicly declared I will never do math again. Surprisingly, I do pretty well avoiding it. I tend to use my phone or excel in most situations. When it comes to leaving a tip at a restaurant, my wife rights down whatever and I just sign.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Depends.

Its not a matter of chemistry... its more of a tolerance. I'm very quick to judge people and know exactly what kind of person they are (I have deushbag radar). I will not hang out with people I cannot stand and I will enjoy the company of people I can tolerate.
so why are you soooooo intolorant? Have you ever been in a relationship where you became intoxicated by the other just for stepping in the room? Or do you only have intelectual relationships?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
so why are you soooooo intolorant? Have you ever been in a relationship where you became intoxicated by the other just for stepping in the room? Or do you only have intelectual relationships?
Intolerance is relative. I don't think I'm intolerant at all - I could get along with any person of any race, culture, or belief without prejudice. But put me in a room with a superficial Hollywood celebrity and I would claw my way out of the room.

Not only have I never been in a relationship where I became intoxicated by the other person just stepping in the room, I can't even relate to what that means. If it means what I think it means, I don't think that's a good idea at all.

Its about respect. I can't have a meaningful relationship (romantically, friendship-wise, etc) if I don't have respect for the person. I won't have respect for a person just over physical appearances. Its not about success or even intellectual compatibility. As an example, I would rather date an uneducated, minimum wage chef who had aspirations of opening her own restaurant someday over a hot, but ditsy model. It doesn't have to be ambition, and ambition alone doesn't warrant respect - its a combination of things. I have standards and don't settle for less.

Another example - if you are a doctor, that's great. But that doesn't mean I respect you. Give me quality care, advise, etc... take your job seriously and treat your patients well. Then, I have respect for you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Its about respect. I can't have a meaningful relationship (romantically, friendship-wise, etc) if I don't have respect for the person. I won't have respect for a person just over physical appearances. Its not about success or even intellectual compatibility...
I can understand this. For me its also like the re-quoting of The Sixth Sense "I see dumb people. They're all around me, and they don't even know they're dumb." :tongue:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ahh, I was hoping we'd be talking about Chemistry. :sad:

But yeah, chemistry is nice when it is there, and when it is absurdly off than I would rather not partake in a conversation with the individual than deal with it. Overall I'm good as long as I can have an intelligible conversation which does not overly annoy me.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I'm what people call a sexual.
So chemistry better be like this:
Or it's not really interesting to me.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Chemistry is temporary. It's how much you can put up with someone in the long run that matters.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.