Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
521 Posts
History was generally my worst class in school. Oddly enough, when I was in 7th grade at a private school, a huge portion of our curriculum was about China. I don't think that was normal for US middle schools usually. Of course, I did notoriously poorly that year, but Chiang Kai-shek and Sun Yat-sen always stuck in my mind for some reason, so I've decided to give this one a shot.

And you know what, he actually seems INFJ.

This isn't a well-researched guess by any means, but it seems like the biggest parts of his personality were about future change (i.e. revolution) and externalized values ("It is not worth it to sacrifice the interest of the country for the sake of my son"). Speaks in lots of ifs and future tenses—I realize quotes are situational and thus not always reliable indicators, but I'm not going to map this all out right now.

He was definitely Ti-Fe as far as I can discern, but I don't see much evidence of Ti in the upper echelon.

·
Registered
INFJ, SoCom, hands-on, physical intimacy, Energy being, Project Career Temp, Wisdom Growth Temp
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
History was generally my worst class in school. Oddly enough, when I was in 7th grade at a private school, a huge portion of our curriculum was about China. I don't think that was normal for US middle schools usually. Of course, I did notoriously poorly that year, but Chiang Kai-shek and Sun Yat-sen always stuck in my mind for some reason, so I've decided to give this one a shot.

And you know what, he actually seems INFJ.

This isn't a well-researched guess by any means, but it seems like the biggest parts of his personality were about future change (i.e. revolution) and externalized values ("It is not worth it to sacrifice the interest of the country for the sake of my son"). Speaks in lots of ifs and future tenses—I realize quotes are situational and thus not always reliable indicators, but I'm not going to map this all out right now.

He was definitely Ti-Fe as far as I can discern, but I don't see much evidence of Ti in the upper echelon.
There is not much Fe in the upper echelon, because he was somewhat blind to others' needs. Also, Chiang was very much focused in the present (Se), and not very observant of the "big picture" with his failure to combat the invading Japanese. Instead, Chiang focused first on eliminating the Communists, which he deemed to be a greater threat even though they lacked sophisticated weaponry, much to the dismay of advisors and the Chinese population. It was only after a "kidnapping" did it force Chiang to ally with the Communists in an united front against Japanese Imperialists.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts