Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've really gotten into this video game of Dante's Inferno, that is watching it on youtube. And I must know, what circle of hell do you people think child molesters should be sent to, and what should their punishment be in that circle?

·
Registered
689 Posts
The Inner Ring of the Seventh Circle of Hell, reserved for blasphemers(Those violent against God) and Userers(Those violent against nature).

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
The special hell reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre, of course.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The special hell reserved for child molesters and people who talk at the theatre, of course.
What exactly is that special Hell?

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Reactions: Galldune

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Reactions: sofort99

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hm, watch Firefly sometime. Then you'll know.
What episode(s) do I have to watch to find out? Just the episode number(s), not what the episodes are about.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I forget the episode number, but the title is "Our Mrs. Reynolds".
Yes, thank you, that's it.

There's only 14 episodes, SuperDevastation, so it won't be too hard to find.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Curse you, Fox network!
Fox has the amazing ability to make the best show on television at the time, and then figure out how to market it so that their target audience will refuse to watch it. I don't know how they can do this so consistently unless for some reason they are doing it on purpose.

They did the exact same thing with "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles".

This show was smart, well produces, and had plot twists you didn't see coming.

Like FireFly, I didn't watch it until it was almost off the air because of their marketing.

I found out I was interested in both, because I wound up watching them by accident strictly due to circumstances.

For doing this, I hate Fox.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
And I must know, what circle of hell do you people think child molesters should be sent to, and what should their punishment be in that circle?
Interesting.

I don't know. But I hope they get to the bottom of hell, and then dig a hole to place them a little deeper.

Personally, I think we should all pray "Dear Lord, please don't let me get what I deserve."

But child molesters... I don't know if this is just an ISTP thing or what... but it's something visceral and it has to do with the corruption and violation of the innocent.

I can't even put it into words. It calls forth a desire for wrath and vengeance. I want them skinned alive, and then burned at the stake.

And then saved, so I can do it again. :angry:

And I find it odd that I even have this reaction. I wasn't molested, and don't know of anyone that was. Like I said, it's just a visceral reaction.

Reactions: madhatter

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
Child molester is a broad term, so it needs some subdivisions for different cases.

Child molesters who molested children without consent should be sent to the circle of hell for people who committed adultery.

Child molesters who were having consensual contact with a minor should not be punished. (Think statutory rape.)

The latter is more for people who did it with minors who were underage but sexually awakened and looking for a good time (like 16 and 17 year olds). The former is for rapists and sex abusers who did it for their own sick gratification with a person who was damaged by the experience.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Interesting.

I don't know. But I hope they get to the bottom of hell, and then dig a hole to place them a little deeper.

Personally, I think we should all pray "Dear Lord, please don't let me get what I deserve."

But child molesters... I don't know if this is just an ISTP thing or what... but it's something visceral and it has to do with the corruption and violation of the innocent.

I can't even put it into words. It calls forth a desire for wrath and vengeance. I want them skinned alive, and then burned at the stake.

And then saved, so I can do it again. :angry:

And I find it odd that I even have this reaction. I wasn't molested, and don't know of anyone that was. Like I said, it's just a visceral reaction.
Agree 100%. Through my job I have encountered pictures of children who have been abused (like catalogues of their bruises) and it is just sickening. I'm normally chronically apathetic but that really affected me.

I would almost like to be able to take them back to their childhood state, and make them endure what they inflicted. Then bring them back to adulthood and remind them that they did this to another. Repeat ad infinitum.

·
Registered
410 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's an idea I'm borrowing from a satirical comedy news site (the onion). At the bottom of the hell depicted in Dante's Inferno is the traitors. But if a 10th circle could be created for child molesters, what eternal punishment do you people think should be inflicted upon them? I think they should be dipped in boiling acid.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Here's an idea I'm borrowing from a satirical comedy news site (the onion). At the bottom of the hell depicted in Dante's Inferno is the traitors. But if a 10th circle could be created for child molesters, what eternal punishment do you people think should be inflicted upon them? I think they should be dipped in boiling acid.
Oops, I must have taken a wrong turn and ended up in the INFJ forum.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Btw Mutatio, minors under the age of 13 cannot consent to sex like a teen or adult can. Also the youngest age a person can consent to sex without negative consequences is 16, and of course it's best they get married first.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts