Personality Cafe banner

What type of child(ren) do you want?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all istps who don't have kids. If you did have a child what type would you want them to be and why?

I'd want an isfp girl because I like kids who are quiet and empathetic, especially girls. And just in case, no one accuse me of not being an istp for making this statement or the question I asked since being a thinker doesn't mean you don't have to like kids or not want to have any of your own, just like being a feeler doesn't mean you have to like kids or want to have any of your own. And jsyk, I believe even if the child didn't turn out to be the type a parent(s) wanted they should still be grateful for having them be a part of their life.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I'd go for ISFP. I couldn't choose between ISTP and ISFP for my favorite type, I love them both. INTP comes in a close third, as long as they're not the asshole "I'm superior because I have an N" type

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Well, not really sure. What I am sure of however, I'd slap the brat across the room if it developed a feeling preference :tongue:

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, not really sure. What I am sure of however, I'd slap the brat across the room if it developed a feeling preference :tongue:
:shocked: That's not nice. jsyk, I'm half joking and half serious.

Reactions: Linnifae

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I like Fi (xxFP) but I could not handle Fe (xxFJ). I refuse to have a child, and one of my many reasons would be because I couldn't restrain myself from an Fe user, I'd hurt them and I know, so I just won't let there be a chance of that.

Reactions: Linnifae

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is just something about dominant Fi kids (especially girls) that brings out my inferior Fe and make me more sympathetic than usual but even then I don't let my emotions control me and I bottle them up again before they get too intense.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
ISTJ. Nice, calm, neat, tidy, simple. What would a parent want more? :D

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
^ A man after my own heart, Linnifae!

·
Registered
743 Posts
ENFJ. ENFJ kids would be so nice and quiet on Saturday mornings as Daddy sleeps off his hangover. :happy:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts