Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it okay to be 16 all your life?
Or at some point do you have to rationalize and get on with it.
Is it only enfps who get like this?
I don't believe i've gone past 16, only my appearance has changed.. is it just me?
I go to college with 17 and 18 yr olds and I have more of a laugh with them than I do people my own age.Of course they're are certain levels where we don't connect. Do I need to grow up?:confused:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I'm stuck at 8 these days

·
Registered
356 Posts
Does it just mean you (we) know how to be playful and enjoy life still....we don't let those minor details affect us as a significant way as many other type's do.

It might be seen as some to be childish and immature but as Ziwosa says, if you know how and when to be serious and it doesn't 'bother' you as such, then you need not worry. I believe it might be basically an ENFPs coping strategy for the problem of 'life'...its our way we deal with it....if you can understand and rationalise the reason behind it maybe you will feel more comfortable with yourself?

BWs,
Pie x

Reactions: abitsilly

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Random thoughts, high energy levels, conversations that start "I wish I was a camel because..." or indeed "I wish I had a pet rhino because..." I still would love to be Emperor of the World, which was something I said I wanted to be when I was about 5 years old...

I pretty much love life for every single day; I wake up every morning and I really want to do random, spontaneous things. But I'm also a poet and happy to be all intense and serious. Most people know me as the guy with random thoughts and ideas which take a novel outlook on life and a love of doing or saying anything that makes either my friends or I giggle like crazies. I can be very sarcastic and very petulant. I have a terrible sweet tooth like a kid and can ramble on and get easily distracted just like a kid. But I can also say some of the most philosophical and deep things that my friends have ever heard. It weirds some people out how I can be so silly and playful one minute and so passionate, serious and contemplative the next. But I guess that Herrick sums up why I am so childish and playful. It's because I feel that life is a gift that I get one shot at, so I propose to have fun with every last second of it... OR:

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may,
Old Time is still a-flying;
And this same flower that smiles today,
Tomorrow will be dying.

Reactions: tuna

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I got a written excuse from my therapist. At 29 he told me I was "stuck" at 13 due to trauma. Okay, there is a joke in that somewhere. I'm being slightly sarcastic but it's true that happened.

Anyway. My friends are all about a good 15 years younger than me. I went back to college late in life. So I graduated late. I'm not afraid to try new things or start completely over. I get excited by new challenges and new beginnings. I love learning about brand new things that I've never had time to study before.

I believe this keeps me "young". When people get "older" they tend to get set in their ways. The tend to do the same things over and over. This is not me. I have a very fresh and open mind. I like to explore life like a child. True, sometimes when I'm having fun I have to slap myself back into reality and complete my "chores". But I wouldn't change my "child-like" spirit.

Sometimes I have my teenage daughter rolling on the floor in laughter after something I've done or said. It's great fun. My friends or new acquaintances that I meet will often be shocked when they find out my real age "Wow, I thought you were 25 like us" or they will say "YOU'RE a mother?". Hahaha. I respond, "I know, right? Can you even believe how immature I am and have a kid?"

It was really cool. The other day my daughter said, "You know, some kids have cool grandparents and not-so-cool mothers. I have the opposite." And that touched my heart. Even though she has been hell on wheels, somewhere along the line she may realize I wasn't a stick in the mud trying to take all her fun away.

Reactions: Angelic Gardevoir

·
Registered
185 Posts
Who said we have to grow up? I am 50 and still feel like 17... so... live and let live.
enjoy each day...
after being married to a miserable man who hates the sounds of birds singing in the morning and surving a sad 27 yr marriage to him and STILL have my sanity.......

keep on living and enjoying life...... it is MY time and I am loving every, single, freaking minute of it!!!!

so YES.... you will never grow up totally and will always have that childlike love of life and that GREAT outlook on life..

enjoy abitsilly!!!!

***free ENFP hugz all around***:tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got a written excuse from my therapist. At 29 he told me I was "stuck" at 13 due to trauma. Okay, there is a joke in that somewhere. I'm being slightly sarcastic but it's true that happened.

Anyway. My friends are all about a good 15 years younger than me. I went back to college late in life. So I graduated late. I'm not afraid to try new things or start completely over. I get excited by new challenges and new beginnings. I love learning about brand new things that I've never had time to study before.

I believe this keeps me "young". When people get "older" they tend to get set in their ways. The tend to do the same things over and over. This is not me. I have a very fresh and open mind. I like to explore life like a child. True, sometimes when I'm having fun I have to slap myself back into reality and complete my "chores". But I wouldn't change my "child-like" spirit.

Sometimes I have my teenage daughter rolling on the floor in laughter after something I've done or said. It's great fun. My friends or new acquaintances that I meet will often be shocked when they find out my real age "Wow, I thought you were 25 like us" or they will say "YOU'RE a mother?". Hahaha. I respond, "I know, right? Can you even believe how immature I am and have a kid?"

It was really cool. The other day my daughter said, "You know, some kids have cool grandparents and not-so-cool mothers. I have the opposite." And that touched my heart. Even though she has been hell on wheels, somewhere along the line she may realize I wasn't a stick in the mud trying to take all her fun away.
except for the ""stuck at thirteen"" I so can relate to your post, in all of its facets. I, too... have my kids friends think I am cool and I am 50!!!!! It is great being able to understand all ages and feel comfortable around them. I LOVE learing about new things.. I too went back to school (got accepted to University after the age of 40... and am still going).... and yes... I am WAAAAY older than most of the students.. and they think it is awesome as well!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Enjoy your perpetual youth and use it to your advantage! :laughing:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts