Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what everyones Zodiac sign is, to see if there is a correlation between Zodiac sign and personality type. For example, born on December 22, my sign is the Capricorn. Descriptions of a Capricorn reflect an ISTJ personality completely. Is there any correlation between your sign and your personality type? If not, how is it different?

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I'm gonna call bull (ha, pun :laughing:) on that. I looked at every single matching for Taurus, and they all are "sensual" with the possibility of a long-term relationship. In addition, 11 out of the 12 pairings had 3 or 4 hearts; only one matchup had 2. Wtf. Typical zodiac vagueness. As Calvin said, "It only makes sense that every facet of our daily lives is governed by heavenly bodies billions of miles away."

·
Registered
335 Posts
err... Capricorn isn't Chinese. to find your Chinese sign you also need the year of birth.

i'm not a Cap but my natal chart is earth heavy, specifically the crucial Cap and Taurus placements. the correlation between the two [natal chart and MBTI] is an amazing one.

i used to know a dec. 22 Cap, and several other Caps. get on very good with them, unless there are feelings involved. :blushed:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I'm gonna call bull (ha, pun :laughing:) on that. I looked at every single matching for Taurus, and they all are "sensual" with the possibility of a long-term relationship. In addition, 11 out of the 12 pairings had 3 or 4 hearts; only one matchup had 2. Wtf. Typical zodiac vagueness. As Calvin said, "It only makes sense that every facet of our daily lives is governed by heavenly bodies billions of miles away."
Where can we look at that?

err... Capricorn isn't Chinese. to find your Chinese sign you also need the year of birth.
I'm confused. Is the OP talking about horoscope in general or Chinese zodiac sign? Capricorn is about horoscope while year of birth is related to Chinese sign.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
My Chinese zodiac is a Rooster - I haven't looked into the Chinese zodiac much. My western sign is supposedly Aquarius, but I was born on the Capricorn/Aquarius cusp, and feel like two opposing people at times, conservative yet creative, traditional with a dash of wild. I'm a walking contradiction :)

Overall, I find horoscopes to be so generally broad in what they include, that I don't feel too influenced by them.

Wow, just found out I'm a monkey, not a rooster haha. Who knew? :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm a Taurus, born in April. The keywords I got off the link posted by Zeth are 'persevering, down-to-earth, stable, stubborn, possessive, prosperous, dependable, physical, sensual'. I'd say a number of them do reflect the ISTJ personality... as well as a number of other MBTI types. *g*

The fact that you and I both feel that the characteristics of our respective signs resemble the ISTJ personality serves to illustrate how generalized the Zodiac language is. Personally, I think that any correlation between the two would be pretty weak at best.

That doesn't stop me from being an avid reader of the Daily Horoscope in 'papers and magazines, however. As a kid I'd pore over the section and then solemnly announce what each family member supposedly had in store for them that day - no matter how much they laughed at me (or thought I was cute... thanks Mum, you're the best.) There's Taurean perseverance for you.

·
Registered
9,373 Posts
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Astrology is fun to read for entertainment, but that's all it's good for.
To wit: Recently another constellation was "discovered" (which isn't true, it's been there all along) called Ophuchicus. If you go by the new stuff, nearly everyone's sign moved back by one. I'm supposedly an Ophuchicus now. I was born "under" the sign of Sagittarius. The descriptions don't fit me at all. In addition, I supposedly have lots of "water" in my chart in that about ¾ of my planets are in water signs.
As far as Chinese Astrology goes, I'm supposedly a Metal/Iron Dog, based on my year of birth.
I just can't get behind something that lumps people into 12 (or 13) categories without ANY OTHER INFORMATION, such as their likes, dislikes, the way they do things, the way they interact with people, etc.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
LOL I was born in 1989 soo that makes me a snake:

Brief version-Snake () – 蛇 (巳) (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, purposeful. Can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, hedonistic, self-doubting, distrustful, mendacious, suffocating, cold.

Detailed version lol:
Occupying the 6th position in the Chinese Zodiac, the Snake symbolizes such character traits as intelligence, gracefulness and materialism. When it comes to decision-making, Snakes are extremely analytical and as a result, they don’t jump into situations. They are effective at getting the things they want, even if it means they have to scheme and plot along the way.

Snakes are very materialistic creatures, preferring to surround themselves with the finest that life has to offer. This is especially evident in the home, where luxurious furnishings and surroundings help Snakes seek the peace they need in order to thrive.

Health

Snakes prefer living a life of calmness, preferring quietness over noise and a manageable workload rather than a schedule that’s overly-booked. Snakes become easily stressed when their lives aren’t peaceful or in order. Too much of this way of life can shorten a snake’s life!

Career
Snakes do work very hard, but they have a tendency to be job-hoppers as they become easily bored. Their somewhat laid-back attitude causes them to be mistakenly categorized as slackers, but nothing could be further from the truth! Snakes are very creative andextremely diligent. They’re excellent problem-solvers and thrive under tight deadlines. Good career choices for Snakes include: scientist, analyst, investigator, painter, potter, jeweler, astrologer, magician, dietician, and sociologist.
Relationships
Snakes are excellent seducers so they never have trouble attracting others. However, they’ll be the ones to decide when a relationship has potential and when it does not. Once they’ve chosen a partner, a Snake’s insecure side will begin to show through. Snakes guards their chosen partners much like a prized possessions, becoming jealous and even obsessive. Snakes prefer to keep their feelings to themselves. It’s important to never betray a Snake’s trust as a betrayed snake will make it a goal to get even some day!

Er to delve deeper you have a certain element that the Chinese Zodiac associates to ur date of birth as well mine is Earth:

Earth Snakes – Years 1929 and 1989
Earth Snakes always seem to be calm and content. They’re friendly and approachable and believe that they’ll reap great rewards by working hard and relying on common sense.

UH I guess some of it correlates with my personality but not all

o and here are the links to where I got the info

Chinese zodiac - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chinese Zodiac - Chinese Astrology from ChineseZodiac.com

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Monkey people, on their merry way to becoming famous, like to strew memorable bits of impishness and practical jokes along the way. Lots of fun, they also possess a serious side and influence a good many people throughout their lifetime. They know how to accomplish the most difficult of tasks with the greatest of enthusiasm, concentration, and ease. Even so, they can easily get discouraged and confused and MUST do things their way! They often become great mathematicians, super chess players, researchers, entrepreneurs or scientists. And, great mentors! Monkeys have a burning passion for knowledge of every kind and they magically are surrounded by the finer things in life. Life is a big adventure!

Duck Soup and Rice are among the keys to good health!!

When Metal Monkey says no, that's it! They are so strong, so individualistic, and yes, so stubborn, you can talk yourself into the ground trying to convince them to change their mind. They won't budge! But when all is said and done, you admire them for their value system, fortitude, soaring ambition, and tremendous success. Success, after all, is not wishy washy. And Monkeys know the meaning of hard work! What fun the metal monkey is to be around! You can talk about anything under the moon, but beware: they can be pretty persuasive, so stand your ground. Sometimes a Sense of Mischief can rear its head: Sometimes this habit of playing tricks on others leads to a fun round of belly laughter, but other times, too much! They can't always get along with some people because of this mischievous streak. But they don't care. You see, they are quite independent, relying solely on themselves. They have few friends, but great ones. And Grand Romance never takes a holiday with them: a life with Monkeys is Stars in Your Eyes, Romantic High Spirit, and Grand Passion indeed.

I am a metal monkey apparently... the parts in bold are what I identify with :)

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I don't believe in Chinese zodiac signs. They have one description for everyone who's born in the same year. That's too broad.

I looked at every single matching for Taurus, and they all are "sensual" with the possibility of a long-term relationship. In addition, 11 out of the 12 pairings had 3 or 4 hearts; only one matchup had 2. Wtf. Typical zodiac vagueness.
I think it's only Taurus. I checked other zodiac signs, not all the pairings have 3 hearts. One way to explain this could be that Taurueans are too friendly that they are compatible with almost everyone. I like Taurueans. :crazy:

I'm a Taurus, born in April.
That doesn't stop me from being an avid reader of the Daily Horoscope in 'papers and magazines.
As for horoscope, the description is quite accurate. Not the daily horoscope though. I don't think the daily prediction is accurate.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
And then:

I found an inconsistency! Care to explain? :tongue:

EDIT: who knew there were differences between the chinese and western zodiac?... :unsure::blushed:
A nerd like me with no social life? :) I've never studied the Chinese zodiac much, but I have read a lot about the Western zodiac. It's pretty interesting if you can stay objective - I don't personally believe it is all that accurate (either of them for that matter).

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
lol.....doesn't Chinese zodiac signs mean those animals symbols? For example : rooster

Taurus is just a zodiac sign. Related to horoscope?

I'm so confusing too. LOL.....:shocked:
Chinese Zodiac is Ox,Rooster,Horse,rabbit,snake,rat,monkey, etc etc XD

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
LMAO.........really? When did you find out you are a Taurean?
Well, I've known that for a while... through a newspaper, I think. It's just that the chinese stuff doesn't come up often, ya know?

And no, I don't believe in the zodiac, it was just for the "gee whiz" factor.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts