Personality Cafe banner

421 - 440 of 2569 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
@cookie_thief Of course! You guys are ma ladies (and men). This is my home on here. :proud:
Ps looooooooolz at your new avatar, nice!

@reckless summer nights <333

@Happy about Nothing. :] Mainly because I've tested as all of those things before (except ESFP). I identified as ENfP for a long time. And some people I know online at my "home" forum who have looked at MBTI for a long time keep telling me they're sure that I'm an XNFP.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
There is a neurological explanation to be found for this phenomenon called déja Vu:

The Neuroscience of Déjà Vu | Psychology Today

But....I'm not buying it or I am not sure if I should buy it. Neuro-science is still something fairly new and highly uncertain sometimes.
I am too aware and too much in control when I am having a déja vu. I did notice though that most déja vu-es occur when I'm tired. And I think that has everything to do with the fact that I am very relaxed when I am tired. (why waste more energy, right?) I let my consciousness rest and I become a bit zen-like if you will or my mind automatically enters a zen-state.
Thats interesting, but I'm not buying it either. I think it still has to (or could) mean something more. So you think it has more to do with your unconscious. What do you think your unconscious is trying to say? You know how dream analysis is huge for Jung? I wonder if you could apply it to déjà vu. Some sort of déjà vu analysis lol. What exactly felt familiar, what that could mean, other relatable things.

PS I love that you cited psychology today. I've lost half a day browsing that site. It's a slight addiction..

·
Registered
935 Posts
@cookie_thief Of course! You guys are ma ladies (and men). This is my home on here. :proud:
As long as you promise to chat with us, you have my permission to join the ENFPs. :tongue:

PS. Thanks for the lolz at my avatar. I have so much love for this damn comic strip.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Mainly because I've tested as all of those things before (except ESFP). I identified as ENfP for a long time. And some people I know online at my "home" forum who have looked at MBTI for a long time keep telling me they're sure that I'm an XNFP.
I get different results too pretty much every other week depending on the test I take and what my mood is lol.

Reactions: niffer

·
Registered
381 Posts
Reactions: cookie_thief

·
Registered
935 Posts
Reactions: Frisson Messenger

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Of course! You guys are ma ladies (and men). This is my home on here. :proud:

Mainly because I've tested as all of those things before (except ESFP). I identified as ENfP for a long time. And some people I know online at my "home" forum who have looked at MBTI for a long time keep telling me they're sure that I'm an XNFP.
I think you should stay here, you wanted to harass me with a 15' inch strap-on after all and you're not safe there in the ENFP sub-forum, at least not from me. *glares*

(I had a horrible dream that night but for the sake of the ENFJ-sensitivity I won't elaborate but(t) it was something with unicorns and tree trunks while I was hiding in a dark cave *shudder*)

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I think you should stay here, you wanted to harass me with a 15' inch strap-on after all and you're not safe there in the ENFP sub-forum, at least not from me. *glares*

(I had a horrible dream that night but for the sake of the ENFJ-sensitivity I won't elaborate but(t) it was something with unicorns and tree trunks while I was hiding in a dark cave *shudder*)
So do unicorns know how to use lube? :crazy:

·
Registered
935 Posts
And @cookie_thief thanked this post?? What's wrong with you youngsters!? When I was your age we talked about holding hands and if she really likes you and things were getting serious, maybe you could kiss her...*sigh*
Please. Like you were ever that innocent. :dry:

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
Times have changed, my friend!
I know! I really feel like an old fashioned guy sometimes. I think the gap people born between 70's and early 80' is way smaller than mid end 80's and early 90's. I seriously didn't know anal sex existed until app. 6 years ago and I just didn't think it was normal or anything and it certainly never occurred to me. I am not sure if it's normal but people seem to be very open about it here.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I know! I really feel like an old fashioned guy sometimes. I think the gap people born between 70's and early 80' is way smaller than mid end 80's and early 90's. I seriously didn't know anal sex existed until app. 6 years ago and I just didn't think it was normal or anything and it certainly never occurred to me. I am not sure if it's normal but people seem to be very open about it here.
You are old fashioned and it's lovely. Don't ever feel different or bad about that, silly.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
@reckless summer nights

Not sure. Some sort of combination of process of elimination, test results, and what seemed like it fit? I could be completely wrong haha. I typically get E and F. But the N is sometimes F and the J is sometimes P. ESFJ and ENFP are the usual alternatives. Although I just read up on ESFP and that seems to kinda fit too. So who knows!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Not sure. Some sort of combination of process of elimination, test results, and what seemed like it fit? I could be completely wrong haha. I typically get E and F. But the N is sometimes F and the J is sometimes P. ESFJ and ENFP are the usual alternatives. Although I just read up on ESFP and that seems to kinda fit too. So who knows!
Have you ever taken this test?

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

It attempts to measure cognitive function preferences. If you're interested, I'd be happy to assess your results if you want to cut and paste them here or in a PM. (Be warned, the type prediction software on that site has a few problems, so you'll want a human to look at your graph of cognitive functions.)

·
Banned
1,969 Posts
Owing to the fact that I've had copious amounts of free time over the past couple of days, I decided to finally knuckle down and do something I've been putting off for a long while - exploring the enneagram theory. I even created a Word document with tables of pros and cons, etc. It's all very pretty.

After a lot of reading and a great deal of introspection, I've been able to ascertain (with a surprising degree of ease) that I'm a 4w3. Reading the descriptions of this type/subtype reveal startlingly accurate parallels between the proposed archetype and my own behavior / attitude. Apparently my variant is SP/SX.

According to the data available for review, there's a fair correlation between type 4's and Ni-Fe / Fi-Ne users.

In Socionics, I'm Ni-Fe (IEI). Unequivocally.

421 - 440 of 2569 Posts