Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi infj!

Sort of randomness but do you eat animals & dairy? Also how do you feel about sugar & caffine?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I eat few animals. I enjoy all kinds of fish. I regularly eat chicken and have maybe 3-5 cheeseburgers per year. Very infrequent tastes of ham.Strongly dislike steaks and real ‘meaty meats’.

I don’t like cow’s milk but really like soymilk. I love cheese and yogurt and butter.

I try to keep my sugar intake very limited and caffeine as little as possible though part of me thoroughly enjoys both!I don’t think either agrees with me well, so I don’t keep sweets in the house, nor a coffee maker.I also don’t think dairy quite agrees with me well, that’s why I got into soymilk in the first place.My mom is a fish-eating vegetarian, so grew up around that. She’d cook meat for dad and my bro, then we got some really great veggie dishes as well.I love fruits and veggies.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've been having more and more trouble eating meat. I eat small amounts occasionally, so I'm not a full vegetarian.

Recently I stopped taking a lot of dairy as I think I was getting a minor reaction to it. I think my general health has improved a little. I used to drink my tea with 50% of it being milk, but now I'm drinking it black and use rice milk in cereal. But I still eat cheese.

As for coffee, I try to avoid it and never drink those energy drinks. I've also been cutting down on my tea as much as possible, and reduced my sugar to half a level teaspoon. When I was younger I'd take two heaped spoons, which sounds horribly sweet now! :shocked:

I've been cutting down on sources of sugar in the last while, as I've gotten to the age where I need to be a bit concious about it.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
In my werewolf form I rip animals asunder and devoir their delicious meat with a side of apples, berries, cauliflower, endives and cheese. Let's not forget the wine, mon cheri.

Believe it or not, I stay away from grains and refined sugar and for the most part avoid caffeine.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I eat a minimal amount of meat, I don't go over board. With milk, I have maybe one cup per week, I don't drink it for fun. The sugary food that I like the best is chocolate, I try to stay away from sugar in general. I stay away from caffine altogether, I don't want to have an addiction to it. I also stay away from carbinated sodas and stuff, because the carbonation weakens your bones, and I feel like crap after I drink any soda.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm a vegetarian, and I only use milk in cereal but don't drink it on it's own (it's far too thick and I don't like the taste on it's own, even skim).

I usually don't drink any sort of beverage with caffeine, as I have anxiety and it makes me very jittery, and I never feel well afterwards with sugary drinks. However, if it's a hot summer's day, I'll suck it up because a nice soda with tons of ice would be worth it :p

I eat cheese too occasionally, but I don't like yogurt now which is weird because I used to love it.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

I eat all the stuff. Except the mushrooms. What kind of alien mind made those THINGS?

·
Registered
727 Posts
I eat everything. I'm not huge fan of chicken. Though I try to reduce how much meat I eat. I would like to aid in "vegetarianism movement" but I can't stop eating meat.. so reducing will do difference too. Sugar and caffeine. Honestly I eat lot of sugary foods haha. I have nothing against some caffeine here and there as long it's in limits. I don't drink coffie or any energy drinks very often

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I am a vegan, though I occasionally make a misstep here and there. I never eat meat, including fish, which is meat. If am accidentally served dairy, cheese for example, after having specifically asked to have it left out, I will eat it so as to not let it go to waste...and not pretend that I do not enjoy it....though this is becoming less with each passing year. I find myself actually adapting to the vegan diet and often dairy products no longer taste good to me. It is merely a personal choice, and I acknowledge that it is purely arbitrary, and, on a grand scale inconsequential. After all, we are all ephemeral creatures of limited faculties, here for such a brief period, and the nature of it all seems vast and incomprehensible.

It is ultimately born of a desire not to have anyone or anything live for me, and not to add to suffering. I add the caveat that while it is natural to eat meat (and dairy), it is not necessary to survival, personal health, or, ultimately, happiness. That is simply a fact. As proof, I offer exhibit A (me). Certain conditions may make this less true for certain individuals, but it holds true for most. That said, I feel that each person must make her/his own choice, and has her/his own path, and would never wish to become some sort of obnoxious proselytizing sort of vegan. I find vegan jokes humorous (How do you know there is a vegan at a party? He has already told you.). If we cannot laugh at ourselves, at whom can we laugh? I can laugh at just about everyone, especially myself. I cannot defend my decision, just as no one can ultimately defend any subjective position (including eating meat), but also do not feel compelled to do so.

I must likewise say that I am far from perfect in the eco-friendly and compassion realm, and that I could do a lot more than I do. I drink, and like, coffee, strong and black. When I am in the States I try to stick to shade grown coffee, which is better for the environment, but to be honest, I am often lazy and less than diligent. I may give up coffee altogether. I also like red wine and beer. I could give up beer, but probably not red wine. Well, I could, but do not want to.

I suppose I try to do the least harm, in accord with what feels right to me, within the limitations imposed on me by my inherent laziness and certain proclivities (a penchant for coffee, wine and beer), try to not judge or lecture others in the process, and hope to be afforded the same courtesy.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Feeling about sugar and caffine? :) sorry, I just thought it was funny how feeling is used for so many things.

I pretty much eat anything that I desire. Meat, diary products, etc.

But I dont like red meat, the fat, or anything that has a gooey, tendon-like or skin(unless crisp) feeling/texture.
Nor am I a fan of fish.

I kinda really like corn products..
Maybe because I was fed whole grain rye bread since I was 3 months old or so.
This is traditional bread in my country. Atleast 4 slices a day, also everyone at work. And also some white bread.
Food Cuisine Bara brith Pumpernickel Brown bread

I have taken part in slaughtering pigs a few times. Tho it easily can make me sick to my stomach.
But later chewing on the bones maybe.

Sugar.. I cant buy a bag of candy like some people, and then just eat everything. Or well, I can, but it would be unnatural for me. A small bag can last weeks or months.
Tho, everything else that is sugar I eat/drink alot of.. Alot of soda, is kinda crazy how not having soda for dinner feels like doom sometimes.

I have begun drinking coffee 5 years ago, but it is only something like 1/4 a cup a time, not a bucket.

.. I am very lean, atheletic almost, but without the muscles I guess ^^.
I am kinda minimallistic when I eat.. I can starve myself a little i guess.
(after all... as one survivalist said.. "Want great tasting food?. Dont eat for a week")

I am born on a pig farm, and also work on the same farm at the momment.
But having grown up there.. well, you get to see many sides.
Sometimes I have also thought about going vegan, my food does not nessarily need to have meat in it, atleast not alot.

I have also sometimes thought maybe that i just dont want to consume anything AT ALL.. with the planet earth in mind.
But.. kinda haft to consume.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Meat: hells yes!
Dairy: Some. I'm borderline lactose intolerant so i have to be careful. However, I EAT ALL THE CHEESE OMNOMNOMNOM.
Refined Sugar: I keep to a minimum, but it's not a conscious decision.
Caffeine: 1-3 cups a day. Real coffee. I know i'm physically addicted, but hey you gotta have some vices right? I hate cola and energy drinks give me heart palpitations so nooo to those.
Beer: Sometimes (I'm not supposed to drink it, but i do).
Wine: ALL THE WINE. EVER. (It goes with all the cheese.)
Soda: Only on days after i've drank all the wine.

I'm on a particular diet for health reasons. Basically, there is a whole bunch of food i have to be careful with, otherwise i'll get real sick.
Absolutely no garlic or onion. Wheat and gluten products are hit and miss, so i tend to avoid them.

The plus side is that I necessarily eat a lot of whole foods (fresh veg and salad) and make most of my own sauces, which end up having far less shit in them than the stuff you buy at the shops. They're also tastier. Because love, yaknow.

9,999 Posts
I'm a durianiarian.

Reactions: Vunar

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,053 Posts
I'm a durianiarian.
How do you eat durians ? do you eat them fresh and raw or cooked ? Do you let them ferment and make fizzy drink from them like durian wine or durian beer perhaps ? or do you mix them with nice cheese? for example durian flavoured gorgonzola or gruyère ?

Back to answering:
I eat animals but I focus on the meaty parts.
I try to limit adding sugar or food rich in simple sugars but at the same time brain uses glucose as a energy source. Sometimes I drink water with honey or sugar when I feel "mentally tired"
Dairy makes me fart, but mostly the lactosy type like UHT milk, ice cream, some nice cheese. I'm fine with yoghurt or some fermented drinks like Yakult. Love the taste of live bacteria. Because of that the only supplement I must have is calcium, the rest is optional.
I used to drink coffee for 11 years. Too acidic, Vitamine B1 antagonist. I take caffeine pills like "pro plus" every now and then.

I'm trying to eat more free-range / organic but In the future I would like to go all organic. Budget limitations. Maybe I shouldn't have ran away from work 6 weeks ago...

Dietary Fibre is sugar.

Tomato is a fruit.

Banana is a berry.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Poultry, pepperoni, seafood, eggs, cheese and ice cream. Love sugar and caffeine!
Pork and beef haven't been doing my intestines any favors the older I get, but I'll still enjoy them on occasion.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Animals: Meat was a big part of our species' development and its value outweighs not killing animals because they can be cute. Plus, it tastes great. Also, babies need calories and protein.

Dairy: 2% is the only milk you should drink besides homo. Makes me get stomach issues sometimes though, so I don't really look for it anymore except for cereal. Skim tastes more like water, gross.

Sugar: I don't really ingest too many sugary things, except that I drink pop.

Caffeine: Go-go juice, not to be a substitute for water, and I need to pee more. I generally avoid energy drinks unless I'm going out to party. Caffeine usually makes me more proactive and extroverted, Se heightening is definitely there.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,053 Posts
Animals: Meat was a big part of our species' development and its value outweighs not killing animals because they can be cute. Plus, it tastes great. Also, babies need calories and protein.
You're perfectly right about that.

When you cook meat you change its protein structure to be easier to digest, but it tastes great because of glycogen (sugar stored in muscles, ready to be used). That is the reason why it is best to brown or "caramelise" meat before actually cooking it.

That is the reason for example that I don't like offal but I used to eat liver. Guess where is glycogen stored too.

11 years exp as a Chef.

I personally believe that cooking is a social skill. It helped me in many ways.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
All animals are fair game to me...no pun intended.

Dairy of the cheese, cream, butter, etc, kind is delicious. Plain cow's milk is gross, though. Chocolate milk is an acceptable substitute!

I try to not do caffeine. As far as I can tell, it has no effect on me, but there's more research everyday showing how much it can mess up your body, and I don't need that. I don't much care for tea and soda, anyway, and I absolutely hate coffee.

I love the sugar though. Gimme all the sugar. Though if I eat too much sugar I can feel my heart race, so I have to be careful. Or at least eat something else more balanced beforehand.

...sugar....

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.