Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any personality can post....I'm sure this would be better suited in the music section of PerC; but I chose to put it in the INFJ forum, because I wanted those that find meaning in things to post....I hate superficial shallow songs!!

and was curious on how many INFJ's and other personalities would respond and post.

thought this might be fun and encouraging :)

thank you in advance for participating and for sharing what holds meaning to you with all those that read this thread! :)

*Edit* anyone can participate....including those with different views from Christians...any songs that are spiritual, peaceful, help you to feel calm and hold deep meaning apply. Sorry to exclude ya'll that aren't Christians...but please feel welcomed to participate and post songs that help you and hold spiritual and deep meaning for you! :)

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

this song is just so lovely.....the words alone are so deep....I don't even want to say anything to subtract and take away the depth and beautiful words of this song! Enjoy!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Some of my all-time favorites...
I'm not going to put the links, because I'm being lazy. ;) If you google it, you should be able to find it easily. :)

Each of these songs has stopped me in my tracks at some point in my life. They've each been something encouraging to me and had some significance in something I was going through at the time.

My Hope is in You - Aaron Shust

Recently, I was going through a pretty stressful time in life. Things with my new in-laws were going up in flames, my husband and I were going through a very rough patch, and I was dealing with the surprise of not being able to get pregnant right away like I thought I would. This song was so encouraging for me. I found strength in this part especially...
My hope is in you, Lord, all the day long;
I won't be shaken by drought or storm.
The peace that passes understanding is my song,
and I sing, 'My hope is in you, Lord.'
To Bring You Back - Paul Alan

I loved this song back in high school. I felt lonely and lost, and this song was such an intense reminder of me of the security I find in Jesus and the passion he has for me. I also really loved this one part...
Are you tired
of chasing the wind under water?
Do you aspire to breathe again?
Are you dying?
Is that the best that you can do?
'Cause you can't find your place
In a world that wasn't meant for you.
I have always felt so out of place, and I really identified with that last part especially.

By Your Side - Tenth Avenue North

My senior year of high school, my boyfriend dumped me suddenly, for the fourth time in a year. I was angry, confused and heartbroken. I was driving home from a guy friend's house (my boyfriend's friend) later that night, after almost getting with him and leaving before anything happened. I was crying, driving on the highway, when this song came on. It was so perfectly what I needed to hear just at that moment, and I broke down. Some specific parts that really hit me...

Why are you striving these days
Why are you trying to earn grace
Why are you crying
Let me lift up your face
Just don't turn away

Why are you looking for love
Why are you still searching as if I'm not enough
To where will you go child?
Tell me, where will you run?
To where will you run?

And I'll be by your side
Wherever you fall
In the dead of night
Whenever you call
And please don't fight
These hands that are holding you

My hands are holding you
10,000 Reasons - Matt Redman

This song lately hasn't been special because of anything bad- it's just been about praising God despite the problems I have and loving him even through the painful times. My favorite parts...

The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some of my all-time favorites...
I'm not going to put the links, because I'm being lazy. ;) If you google it, you should be able to find it easily. :)

Each of these songs has stopped me in my tracks at some point in my life. They've each been something encouraging to me and had some significance in something I was going through at the time.

My Hope is in You - Aaron Shust

Recently, I was going through a pretty stressful time in life. Things with my new in-laws were going up in flames, my husband and I were going through a very rough patch, and I was dealing with the surprise of not being able to get pregnant right away like I thought I would. This song was so encouraging for me. I found strength in this part especially...

To Bring You Back - Paul Alan

I loved this song back in high school. I felt lonely and lost, and this song was such an intense reminder of me of the security I find in Jesus and the passion he has for me. I also really loved this one part...

I have always felt so out of place, and I really identified with that last part especially.

By Your Side - Tenth Avenue North

My senior year of high school, my boyfriend dumped me suddenly, for the fourth time in a year. I was angry, confused and heartbroken. I was driving home from a guy friend's house (my boyfriend's friend) later that night, after almost getting with him and leaving before anything happened. I was crying, driving on the highway, when this song came on. It was so perfectly what I needed to hear just at that moment, and I broke down. Some specific parts that really hit me...

10,000 Reasons - Matt Redman

This song lately hasn't been special because of anything bad- it's just been about praising God despite the problems I have and loving him even through the painful times. My favorite parts...
wow, so intense and deep that it nearly made me cry!!!!! thank you for your openness! the words are lovely and I hope that you find a young man worthy of the love and compassion that you have!!!!! you have a lovely heart!!!! thank you again!!!!

·
Registered
629 Posts
wow, so intense and deep that it nearly made me cry!!!!! thank you for your openness! the words are lovely and I hope that you find a young man worthy of the love and compassion that you have!!!!! you have a lovely heart!!!! thank you again!!!!
Thank you! :)
Funny enough, that ex-boyfriend ended up coming back, and we got engaged later that year- we're going on one year this month now. God's really been a stable foundation for me in a very rocky relationship with him, and He's doing incredible things in our lives and in our marriage.
Thank you for your well-wishes!

Reactions: musician gal

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
I was raised in the Old Baptist tradition. There are a number of songs that are standard. Through long familiarity I have come to have special memories associared with many songs. Other newer songs have special meaning in the lyrics - my friend that I hurt - my insecurity and other junk - had a new song she found just for me - and I dont have a copy nor title.

Damn, folks! It is blessedly difficult for oldsters to find like- minded friends and then to lose them through some damnfool nonsense stings! Stinks, too. Are you lonely at thirty? Double the age and it quadruples the lonely.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Can an atheist play? While I do not really find anything meaningful in the following piece, I do find it quite sublimely beautiful. It really invokes a sort of overwhelming feeling of peace and tranquility.

Pie Jesu- Kathleen Battle:

"Suzanne" by Leonard Cohen has some Christian imagery, and it is easily one of my favorites, and a song in which I find a lot of meaning.

I also quite enjoy Peter Gabriel's soundtrack, "The Passion", from The Last Temptation of Christ (one of my favorite films, top ten for sure). Not a lot of deep meaning for me in the music itself, but it creates the perfect atmosphere for introspection.

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you! :)
Funny enough, that ex-boyfriend ended up coming back, and we got engaged later that year- we're going on one year this month now. God's really been a stable foundation for me in a very rocky relationship with him, and He's doing incredible things in our lives and in our marriage.
Thank you for your well-wishes!
wowzer! then I'm very, very glad you didn't give into temptation with your man's friend!!!! I'm so glad you two reconciled!!!! Gives me hope about my off-on relationship...or to the possibility of a new one...you never know what God's gonna do! I'm so happy for you!!!! :)

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Switchfoot is such an awesome band!!!! Jon, the lead singer, actually responded so politely and kindly to one of my emails a few years back....they are such great guys....and their songs are so deep...but also so awesome...I bought their Greatest Hits on iTunes and it has this song on it....Thank you for posting these songs! They are all quite lovely!!!! :)

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can an atheist play? While I do not really find anything meaningful in the following piece, I do find it quite sublimely beautiful. It really invokes a sort of overwhelming feeling of peace and tranquility.

Pie Jesu- Kathleen Battle:

"Suzanne" by Leonard Cohen has some Christian imagery, and it is easily one of my favorites, and a song in which I find a lot of meaning.

I also quite enjoy Peter Gabriel's soundtrack, "The Passion", from The Last Temptation of Christ (one of my favorite films, top ten for sure). Not a lot of deep meaning for me in the music itself, but it creates the perfect atmosphere for introspection.
Most Certainly Atheists can play and join in!!!!! glad to have you! you are very welcome to participate!!! and glad you did! :)

-I had to sing "Pie Jesu" for my Vocal class and Jury in graduate school....brings back good memories!!!! -Leonard Cohen is very very deep!!!!! Love this....never heard this song before!!!!

thank you for choosing such lovely songs!!!! And anything that makes you feel spiritual and at peace and relaxed applies....great choices!!!!! :)

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was raised in the Old Baptist tradition. There are a number of songs that are standard. Through long familiarity I have come to have special memories associared with many songs. Other newer songs have special meaning in the lyrics - my friend that I hurt - my insecurity and other junk - had a new song she found just for me - and I dont have a copy nor title.

Damn, folks! It is blessedly difficult for oldsters to find like- minded friends and then to lose them through some damnfool nonsense stings! Stinks, too. Are you lonely at thirty? Double the age and it quadruples the lonely.
whatever age you are....we are all "old souls" here...and you fit in. -and I am sorry you are lonely....there's a thread about INFJ's feeling lonely on the forum....I participated...you should check it out. -I am glad your friend thought of you and sent you a song.....even if you can't remember the title or artist....I hope that it gave you encouragement and made you smile. Hang in there, my friend :)

·
Registered
INTJ
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
this is the best cover of Leonard Cohen's song out there, in my opinion. This is the late great, Jeff Buckley....one of the best guitarists in my book....and one of my top favorite artists...unfortunately he died young and in his prime when he still had so much more music to give....Jeff Buckley's voice is also special to me, because he sounds exactly like my dad....This particular song is special....Jeff recorded this in ONE take!!!! Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Offering, Show Me Your Glory, Everywhere You Go, Call My Name, It's Alright, .... Third Day seems to always have a way of hittin me in the right spot :) Gotta love Mac :)

Oh yes, and "Beauty's Just A Word" by Rachael Lampa,

Tic Toc and the clock won't stop
You need more time but the curtain drops
Hangin by a thread end of your rope
You'll find hope
You fall just short of the finish line
Just like you've done time after time
And all that's left to lift you is your faith
You'll find grace
Raise your eyes so you can see
You're right where you're supposed to be

(chorus)
It's dark, so you can see the Light
It's hard so you can know it's right
Rain, nothin ever grows without you
Hurt is just a chance to heal
Tears are just a call to feel
Pain, beauty's just a word without you

I didn't think that the sun would rise
I kept confusing all the truth with lies
Something told me that I just could not let go
Now I know
And holdin on is gonna see you through
So don't let go no matter what you do and
Love through the anger
Love through the pain
Love through the storm
Love through the rain

(Bridge)
And the sun is breakin through the clouds
Can you feel it shinin on you now
You were lost, now you're found
Now don't forget it, don't forget...

:) So many songs help me through the hard times :) I could go on and on :) Thanks for posting :)

Reactions: musician gal

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
this is the best cover of Leonard Cohen's song out there, in my opinion. This is the late great, Jeff Buckley....one of the best guitarists in my book....and one of my top favorite artists...unfortunately he died young and in his prime when he still had so much more music to give....Jeff Buckley's voice is also special to me, because he sounds exactly like my dad....This particular song is special....Jeff recorded this in ONE take!!!! Enjoy!!!!
I have to agree with you there. It is much better than the original (and I love Cohen, so I do not say that lightly). I used to love the Rufus Wainwright version until I stumbled upon Jeff Buckley. His version is so beautiful, melancholic, and raw. He makes it an anthem of unrequited love. Also worth looking into are Nina Simone's version of "Suzanne" (although I prefer the original, she definitely makes it her own) and Concrete Blonde's cover of "Everybody Knows."

1 - 20 of 70 Posts