Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the spirit of the season. Yippy and I did this last year and I enjoyed it a lot. Basically, we sent a package to each other of things we think the other person may like. He sent chocolates/goodies from Netherlands and I sent him a glass Christmas figurine made here, chocolate, and an ornament saying merry Christmas from Canada. Tried to send each other things made in their own country. Just an idea if people are interested in doing something like that? It’s sort of like secret Santa, but you know the person just not the items.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
I like the idea. it sounds fun!

:unsure:I feel a bit too cautious for it this year, but I’ll keep it in mind for next time:proud:

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
It would be fun to exchange food items from different places. Pretty sure that's been done here a few times. Always neat to get to try things from other locations. A few years ago I came close to exchanging some Canadian Kraft Dinner with someone for the American equivalent Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.

...and now of course @Missaltoe has me curious about trying some New England clam chowder. Hmm, what delicacy native to Newfoundland could I send along? Perhaps a plate of Jiggs Dinner and a package of Purity Jam Jams?

Oh looky here, turns out they have a variation of Jiggs down there after all. Whaddaya know? Clearly the Irish culinary customs bled over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_boiled_dinner

Actually, these things would be ridiculously impractical to send in the mail.

:laughing:

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,657 Posts
Unfortunately, all my native food is deep fried and served with liquid fat!!

*friend opens oily, leaking package with cold chicken-fried steak, fried okra, and a swimming pool of gravy*
*friend throws package, runs away, and calls police*

That's definitely a no-go:laughing:

Reactions: PaladinRoland

·
Registered
12,191 Posts
I am in the spirit of the season. Yippy and I did this last year and I enjoyed it a lot. Basically, we sent a package to each other of things we think the other person may like. He sent chocolates/goodies from Netherlands and I sent him a glass Christmas figurine made here, chocolate, and an ornament saying merry Christmas from Canada. Tried to send each other things made in their own country. Just an idea if people are interested in doing something like that? It’s sort of like secret Santa, but you know the person just not the items.
I am more than willing to do this, if anyone is up for it.

NOTE: If ANY of you feel insecure about giving out your information there is still a way to enjoy this. I would advise using a different name, or initials. And the address may not necessarily be yours. See if it can be delivered to an alternate address, such as that of someone who wouldn't mind receiving it for you. (with their permission of course).

Reactions: Stable Genius
1 - 8 of 8 Posts