Personality Cafe banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I agree with those function, but he is xNTJ.
Yes, inferior Fi, ENTJ. No Fe in that guy.
His Ni is kind of crap, if that is the case. Never has any inkling that the Witch is manipulating him until it's too late. I know that intuition = psychic is a stereotype, but Ni's are usually pretty good at reading situations and sensing when things are off. Seems more emotions driven than intuitive, hence why I think SFP over NTJ.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I know that intuition = psychic is a stereotype
It is. :D
but Ni's are usually pretty good at reading situations and sensing when things are off.
Of course,you are absolutely right about that, but it's not like Ni can't be fooled occasionally. Also consider that the Witch is ENTJ (or even if I'm wrong about her type and she is STJ, she is very clever so her type doesn't change a thing). It's not like when two NTJs meet one cannot manipulate the other, because they are certainly both so super psychic and have the exact same strengths. Especially when one ENTJ is a ten years old child and the other one is a terribly crafty immortal queen who has been ruling over kingdoms during her whole life and has kept people at their "rightful place" for hundreds of years and also happens to possess magical powers. I mean, come one xD, I think you see the problem here. He shows quite good Ni at other times, especially in the books (a few examples are listed in the post I've linked before). My point is that being manipulated doesn't excludes someone from the high Ni group. Ni is basically bullshit detector, but anyone can be manipulated, manipulation depends on the skills of two people and also on a shitload of other circumstances.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Re-watched the first film tonight:

Peter: ESTP. Se/Fe going on. First to rush into things, good sensory awareness, terrific at improvising on the fly.
Susan: ISTJ. This one's kind of obvious, but she's inferior Ne all over the place.
Edmund: SFP. Fi/Te is clear. Se obvious. No Ni visible, but he could be a Fi-dom.
Lucy: ENFP. She's really not an introvert -- very attentive to the environment / constantly moving, easy leadership qualities.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Re-watched the first film tonight:

Peter: ESTP. Se/Fe going on. First to rush into things, good sensory awareness, terrific at improvising on the fly.
Susan: ISTJ. This one's kind of obvious, but she's inferior Ne all over the place.
Edmund: SFP. Fi/Te is clear. Se obvious. No Ni visible, but he could be a Fi-dom.
Lucy: ENFP. She's really not an introvert -- very attentive to the environment / constantly moving, easy leadership qualities.
Whoa, I watched it last night for the first time. Freaky!

On Peter, does he really rush into things? He's quite physically timid at first, doesn't believe he can be king, and can barely hold the sword, which I wouldn't expect from the overconfident ESTP; He's quite responsible too, practical, and "What would mum think??" I'd say he's ISFJ.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Where's Peter's inferior Ne, though?

Susan has it: we're all gonna die, you've never done this before, this isn't how I'm used to having it, animals aren't supposed to talk, what if we never make it home??

Peter: ... it's fine. Get the others home, I have to stay and fight.

I've seen ESTJ, but I'm not sure I see Ne in him much at all, other than his sense of humor -- and one could just as easily attribute that to tert-Fe.

(ETA: Might buy ESFJ, though. He's got this "parenting" thing going on with his siblings.)

There's no one to say that an ESTP raised in WWII England can't be a little nervous handling a Narnian sword for the first time. ;)

Will have to re-watch Prince Caspian soon and see how his cognition falls under different circumstances.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I don't quite remember the movies (or the books for that matter) but I remember that I typed:

Peter as ESTJ (I settled on this after Prince Caspian).
Susan as ISTJ (not much debate to be had).
Edmund as ESFP (for the first movie), became more ENTJ in Prince Caspian.
Lucy as INFP
Caspian as IxFJ (leaning on INFJ)
Eustance as ISTJ

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Where's Peter's inferior Ne, though?

Susan has it: we're all gonna die, you've never done this before, this isn't how I'm used to having it, animals aren't supposed to talk, what if we never make it home??

Peter: ... it's fine. Get the others home, I have to stay and fight.

I've seen ESTJ, but I'm not sure I see Ne in him much at all, other than his sense of humor -- and one could just as easily attribute that to tert-Fe.

(ETA: Might buy ESFJ, though. He's got this "parenting" thing going on with his siblings.)

There's no one to say that an ESTP raised in WWII England can't be a little nervous handling a Narnian sword for the first time. ;)

Will have to re-watch Prince Caspian soon and see how his cognition falls under different circumstances.
@angelcat, yeah, I think Peter for ESFJ is a better fit now than ISFJ. Very Fe. "Say you're sorry (to Lucy), Edmund!" He always speaks up first, takes the group into consideration, and speaks on behalf of the collective. If anyone's ESTP, I'd see Mr. Beaver as being one, since there's Fe there, but he isn't much of a character to make a clear conclusion. It's Lucy vs the sensors in her family. I'll elaborate on their types (and tritypes) later.

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
3,696 Posts
Here's what I think right now; Tritypes archetypes in parentheses:

Peter - ESFJ 2w1-6w5-1w9 so/sp (The Supporter)

Susan - ISTJ 5w6-2w1-9w1 sp/so (The Problem Solver)

Edmund - ISTP 6w7-4w5-8w9 sx/sp (The Truth Teller)

Lucy - ENFP 9w1-7w6-4w3 so/sx (The Gentle Spirit)

Mr. Tumnus - ISFJ 6w7-2w1-9w1 sp/so (The Good Samaritan)

White Witch - ENTJ 8w7-6w5-3w4 sx/so (The Justice Fighter)

Aslan - INFJ 8w9-2w1-6w5 so/sp (The Rescuer)

Professor - ENTP 5w6 so/sp

Mrs. Macready - ESTJ 1w9 so/sp

Mrs. Beaver - ESFJ

Mr. Beaver - ESTP or ENFJ (?)

Fox - ESTP (?)

In regards to Edmund, which is really the only one I see disagreement on, I'd say he's under the influence of inferior Fe, as it says below in this description:

Very suspicious about predisposition of others towards him, suspects some kind of conspiracy. Even if suspicions are due to small detail, he either immediately tries to break off relations with a person or to exclude his or her from his inner circle, reducing contact with them to a minimum. Because of this he can considered a defector - if he finds people who treat him better (such as his first meeting with the White Witch as opposed to his relationships with his family) he may ally with them, finding this a substantial enough argument to change sides. May fall victim to sycophancy.
For example,

Jadis The White Witch: [slaps Edmund] You better think carefully about whose side you're on Edmund,
[forcefully turns his head to face the stone fox]
Jadis The White Witch: mine, or theirs.
I also think his way of reasoning is Ti.

Mr. Beaver: Peter said, 'Get out of here!' (Fe)
Edmund Pevensie: Peter's not king yet! (Ti > Fe)
Lucy Pevensie: Are you all right? You look awful.
Edmund Pevensie: Well, what do you expect? I mean, it's freezing! How do we get out of here? (Ti-Se)
Contrast to Lucy's Fi way of evaluating character:

Mr. Tumnus: [of Aslan] He's not a tame lion.
Lucy Pevensie: No... but he is good. (Fi)
Lucy Pevensie: Oh, I should go.
Mr. Tumnus: It's too late for that, now. I'm such a terrible faun.
Lucy Pevensie: Oh, no. You're the nicest faun I've ever met. (Fi)
Mr. Tumnus: Then I'm afraid you've had a very poor sampling.
Lucy Pevensie: You can't have done anything that bad. (Ne w/ Fi)
Mr. Tumnus: It's not something I have done, Lucy Pevensie. It's something I am doing.
Lucy Pevensie: [suspiciously] What are you doing?
Mr. Tumnus: [whispers and in tears] I'm kidnapping you. It was the White Witch. She's the one who makes it always winter, always cold. She gave orders. If any of us ever find a human wondering in the woods, we-we-we-we're supposed to turn it over to her!
Lucy Pevensie: But, Mr. Tumnus, you wouldn't. I thought you were my friend.
And contrast Edmund's Ti subjective logic w/ Susan's Te way of objective reasoning (w/ Si influence):

Peter Pevensie: He said he knows the faun.
Susan Pevensie: He's a beaver, he shouldn't be saying anything! (Te)
Susan Pevensie: The professor knew we were coming.
Edmund Pevensie: Perhaps we've been incorrectly labeled. (Ti)
Susan Pevensie: Besides, we could all use the fresh air.
Edmund Pevensie: It's not like there isn't air inside. (Ti)
Actually, Fox is probably ESTP. Foxes are usually archetypal ESTPs: http://youtopiaproject.com/the-fox-estp/ (That's a cool website, if you want to check it out). Beaver, ENFJ?

Fox: This is what becomes of those who cross the witch.
Mr. Beaver: You take one more step, traitor, and I'll chew you to splinters!
Fox: Relax. I'm one of the good guys.
Mr. Beaver: Yeah? Well, you look an awful lot like one of the bad ones.
Fox: An unfortunate family resemblance. (lower Fe) But we can argue breeding later. (Ti) Right now we've got to move. (Se)

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've only watched the first two movies.

Peter - ESTJ
Susan - ISFJ
Edmund - INTX
Lucy - INFP/INFJ
Caspian - ENTJ

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
IS the Witch ENTJ?

I thought ESTJ. She's fearful of the future, of change. She bends Narnia to suit her own sensory desires (always winter, never Christmas). She believes in the old laws / the deep magic / keeping to them, but underestimates Aslan's greater understanding OF the deep magic, which leads to her downfall.

ETA: Took the dog for a run. Thought about Edmund.

You're right, he's not really judging things according to their ethical rightness (Fi) -- so he probably is a TiFe type. In fact, you could chalk the Witch's manipulation of him up to Fe needing affirmation, reassurance, etc. His tormenting of Lucy also has no real logical 'point' to it, other than enjoyment out of her negative reaction -- which is very unhealthy Fe.

Edmund is much more good-natured in the second and third films; he's actually my favorite of the four children, because he undergoes such a radical transformation.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts