Votes: 50 49.0%
  • Cigarettes

Votes: 52 51.0%
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one had to be illgeal, what would you choose?

I have to say alcohol. Which would be an obvious answer coming from a teetotal, but in my opinon, if you smoke cigarettes instead of drinking, there would me less car crashes, and deaths in general. Yes, cigarettes give you cancer, but to me alcohol has more cons than pros.

Which is the lesser of two evils?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
True, alcohol probably does have more cons than cigarettes do... but thinking of my own personal satisfaction, since I am not a smoker and I don't ever plan to go down that path, I'd vote for cigarettes :tongue:

Reactions: firedell

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, alcohol probably does have more cons than cigarettes do... but thinking of my own personal satisfaction, since I am not a smoker and I don't ever plan to go down that path, I'd vote for cigarettes :tongue:
I don't either. I hate the smell.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I thump people on the head who say second hand smoking is a nations number one threat, literally, I flick/thump them on the head and call them retards, they get pissed and punch me in the face, then try to kill me with a broken bottle, but it's usually because they've been drinking alcohol.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
I chose smoking originally because I'd rather smoke than drink. But I also think people making cigarettes illegally would be better than people making alcohol illegally. I feel like it would be safer somehow.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thump people on the head who say second hand smoking is a nations number one threat, literally, I flick/thump them on the head and call them retards, they get pissed and punch me in the face, then try to kill me with a broken bottle, but it's usually because they've been drinking alcohol.
Exactly. Not that all people that drink alcohol end up crazy, but the cons I can think of are many. Like, rape, STI's, violence, mental illness, and the list goes on. While smoking gives you cancer, which alcohol can do anyway, plus it changes your appearance, which again alcohol does,

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well, I agree that alcohol is the greater evil, however, I also think that outlawing it is the wrong course of action, and only would lead to escalation, like in the 1920s with prohibition. Cigarettes on the other hand do cause a lot of damage and I think would be effectively dealt with by outlawing it. Also, I wouldn't mind never feeling that soulcrushing feeling when you see a pretty girl pull out a cigarette, boom, attraction shot dead....

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I'd say cigs. Alchohol has a lot of downsides but I hate how smokers smell.

also, if second hand smoking kills so many people, why the hell haven't I ever heard of anyone dying from that? Literally I have never heard of that happening.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I am a beast. I smoke two packs a day. Indoors. Welcome do hell, Omar.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
Alcohol hands down.

Smoking is a) GROSS, b) DISGUSTING, c) GROSS, d) UNHEALTHY and e) GROSS. Lung cancer FTL
Alcohol can be very dangerous if consumed in excess, but in moderation it can actually have many health benefits, especially for your heart. I've also read that it can increase cognitive ability.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
In the U.S., ~443,000 deaths were caused last year due to smoking.
(Sauce: CDC website)

Young adults in Britain can suck a dick and take statistics. I don't give a fuck what they think.
... I'm also not sure why you just gave me that article I'm not going to read...
Agreed. Statistics are statistics. Personal opinions don't mean anything in comparison.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well, considering that I have a brother who smokes, and the fact that I saw my oldest cousin drinking while driving a golf cart on a public road, it's hard to tell. And also considering that prohibition didn't work that well, I might have to say make alcohol illegal.

·
Banned
166 Posts
well we've already tried making alcohol illegal and that didn't work at all alcohol is fine in moderation there is no moderation on cigarettes every 5 seconds dies from the cancer sticks and yet their still legal... hmm i wonder why, ask the federal government.

Reactions: Ti Dominant

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
I want you to show me proof of how bad second hand smoking is.

No, wait.

I want you to show me proof of second hand smoking.

Oh, you can't?!

Well, whadya know. Then don't come tell me the air you breath is polluted by people like me and that I have to stop smoking for your sake, and all that jibberish you non-smokers whine about all the time. And even if second hand smoking did exist, then I would force a law that says you're not allowed to fart in public, because farts contain gases that are far more dangerous than carbon monoxide. In fact, I think I should put this in for vote right now just to see how people might react, but I can assure you my intention is merely to smack this deluded second hand smoking theory out of you. It's as dumb as "cover your mouth when you cough," when you sit in a tiny little room with twenty other poeple, it doesn't matter if you cover your mouth or not, it will spread! In fact, when you cover your mouth you spread it even further than if you don't cover your mouth. You're making it worse! Don't cover your mouth! And believe you me, this stupidity, this whining, is far more unhealthy to me and everyone else who reads this than me smoking in my apartment ten thousand miles away from either one of you. In fact, right now, you should be thanking smokers for paying the majority of your tax cut and being as mellow about it as we are.

And if you're going to take insurance into account.

Then get this.

I don't have insurance! *GASP* Oh noes! So, you're deluded if you think I'm sucking on the same welfare tit you are.

You influence far more people around you intoxicated on ethanol than you are on nicotine. You're far more unstable, and capable of far worse on ethanol than you are smoking tobacco. Yeah, because it's fun getting drunk, driving intoxicated, punching random people on the street in the face, beating your wife and kids, quarreling with people for no reason what so ever, disturbing the peace, attacking police officers, running after little kids with your dick in your hand, whatever. Oh, hold on, or are you going to tell me that smokers who drink alcohol are the ones who do all this? Oh, I see, we have now finally solved this evil mystery in our backyard; We're going to blame smokers who drink alcohol. Gotcha.

Reactions: ilphithra
1 - 20 of 68 Posts