Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel that the 2015 version of Cinderella is the most perfect example of an INFP/ENFJ love story ever?

I'm just interested in your thoughts.

Cinderella seems more driven by her values than ever before. Prince Charming is instantly attracted to her quirkiness and authenticity.

·
Retired Administrator
18,211 Posts
I actually felt a little irritated with Cinderella. It seemed like she just wanted to have courage and be kind because her mother told her.

She had a fortunate childhood and that's what fueled her values. I didn't appreciate that about that. As much as I believe in being kind and having courage, I felt they could have given her character more agency and depth, or at least portrayed that influence in a more realistic way.

But I was glad about those values. They do seem to be very nice values. I just didn't find them that inspirational because they seemed to have been adopted from her uber loving parents, which is great, but I would have connected more with other character development. So I found her character difficult to relate to, though I did like her.

She did remind me of INFP and I appreciated her devotion to her values, but I guess that I felt they were sort of shallow, and the idea that they came directly from her mother (who died) seemed so convenient and not very inspiring.

Even though my feelings about the movie are different, I'm glad you brought this up in a post. I had been thinking about it with MBTI too...thanks for opening it up to discussion. :) I thought the fairy godmother was a funny character though.

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
@Meltedsorbet Fairy godmother is the audience's favorite character. Every kid who walks out of the cinema is ranting about her. Cinderella, in my opinion, was actually a little bit too shallow to be an INFP. *so I agree with you* Maybe INFP-light. I guess they wrote her character in a way a lot of young girls can identify with her, trying to make her universally loved, but forgetting to give her a strong character of her own. It's a shame, it would have been interesting if they made her a bit more feisty. But that's Disney for you.....

Reactions: WickerDeer
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.