Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Hello, newcomer. Why are you here?"

Because I'm tired of lurking the forums and being Anon. I'm lonely and in need of meaningful conversation folks, and there is exactly ONE other INTP at my very small high school but he's hardly present. We all know high school was never created with introverts in mind and URGH, how frustrating it is dealing with the unnecessary on a daily basis. They say it gets better in college, but darn it all I want to be sane by the time I get there. SO now I'm here, hoping to release some steam from time to time in a healthy way.

Here, I'll meet others like me with whom I can relate to. I also want to understand (fully and to the best of my ability) the thought process of the other personalities, so even if you aren't an INTP please--let's chat.

With that, I am Milky Gopher, and I am an INTP. Howzitgoing? :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
hello. :)

i felt exactly as you feel when i was in high school many years ago. it does indeed get better. i love your avatar by the way, it's very pretty. =)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Milky. Welcome to the café! ::curtseys::

I have to agree about high school…for me, it was pretty rough going. I’m 31 and only discovered MBTI a few months ago. If I had known back then, maybe I would have felt a little less like an alien. Anyway, I have to give props to the handful of N’s I knew in high school for keeping me sane. Especially my fellow engineering club members. (Conversations there could range from the meaning of life to the completely silly.) Anyway, NT’s are awesome!

So, how did you find out that you were an INTP? What is particularly INTP-ish about you?

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Welcome! :)

Reactions: Milky Gopher

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, how did you find out that you were an INTP? What is particularly INTP-ish about you?
My discovery about INTPs (and me finding out I was one) was purely accidental. I like to describe things in detail, so I apologize first hand if this is too lengthy:
I was sitting in chemistry one day and, since I finished all my work early and was stuck with an hour and a half to do nothing, I looked up "It's lonely being an introvert" on Google just for kicks.

Up pops this website dedicated specifically for introverts. My curiosity took the wheel and I lurked around the site. Soon I stumbled upon a post regarding a girl asking for advice on whether or not she should go to prom/home coming (a topic that always rears its ugly head when I'm having my thinking time). That part isn't important. The important bit regards her stating she was an INFP.
I had no idea what this was, so I looked it up. Myers-Briggs test comes up on a slightly dated but functional page, I take the test and poof--I'm an INTP.

When I read the traits of this type I couldn't help but to feel as if whomever had wrote the article (someone whom I am assuming to be another INTP, for who else can understand the complexity of our minds?) were in my head, and I felt completely understood, particularly in areas discussing emotions, thought, cutting precision with words and gender/sexual ambiguity. (These were the traits I felt most connected to) I remember feeling indescribably happy, and I was very tempted to thrust the articles and pages I found on INTPs in the faces of my family, friends and anyone who has made a wrong assumption about me as if to say, "SEE? There is nothing wrong with me! I am NOT who you think I am! Now, leave me be!"

This all happened almost a month ago. For weeks I've done more and more research on the other fifteen personalities, and have even acquired the personality types of my close acquaintances at school. It's refreshing to have this new and more fitting identification.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.