1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
I play Civ 5 occasionally.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I play it every now and then. I usually start a game and play it for some time, quit the game and never come back. For some reason, every game I play becomes stale after awhile.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,607 Posts
Does anyone else play Civ V? If not, what video games do you like to play?
YES!

Is this Intps only or open? If its open, I'd love to join if possible.

I play Civ V occasionally. My wife, @daleks_exterminate, however is obsessed with Civ V.

There's a whole bunch of games I like to play. Just check out my games on Steam.
This is also true :D I like other games too though :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I asked about Civ V because, yeah, Civ VI has only been out for a couple of weeks. I also haven't completed a full game but have played many games in Civ V. I have almost 500 hours.

I play mostly single player and would like to play more multiplayer in the future.

·
Banned
7,928 Posts
Can't wait to play VI and I love V. On the other hand, I don't find as much time to play games anymore as I'd like.

I would really recommend Civ 6, anyway.

They've got a speed setting called "Online" or something(I don't use it, so I can't remember off the top of my head). It's supposed to be MUCH faster than normal. Online games can be finished in under 2 hours. Which means offline games are going to be quite fast.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would really recommend Civ 6, anyway.

They've got a speed setting called "Online" or something(I don't use it, so I can't remember off the top of my head). It's supposed to be MUCH faster than normal. Online games can be finished in under 2 hours. Which means offline games are going to be quite fast.
Yeah, it makes it much faster. Even though I have only played a few hours, Quick speed seems to be slower on Civ VI than on Civ V. May just be me.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
From the few streams I watched, quick speed makes things like research with decent science turn technologies into 5-7 turns matters, which really is a change (probably helped by quests to boost certain techs, too). Same for hammers/production, military units are about 1-3 turns each depending on the technological advancement, instead of 1-12 in Civ V.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
From the few streams I watched, quick speed makes things like research with decent science turn technologies into 5-7 turns matters, which really is a change (probably helped by quests to boost certain techs, too). Same for hammers/production, military units are about 1-3 turns each depending on the technological advancement, instead of 1-12 in Civ V.
Ah ok. Thanks!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've been playing a lot of Civ 6. It looks similar to 5 on the surface but the districts add a lot of depth. Civ games are very detail-oriented in order to be optimized, my brain just isn't interested in keeping up with all the tiny details and tiles being worked and all that shit. The AI is stupid but it has amazing advantages on higher difficulties. Like you'll start in deity and before you even have a second city the AI has 5 or 6 cities and is surrounding your cities with an army of 15 units. If you spawn next to scythia or the aztecs you're probably fucked. If you survive the early game you're fine though.

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,607 Posts
I'll probably end up buying 6 at some point, but I'm scared given that I'm STILL into civ 5. Crusader Kings is also really enjoyable - if Im not too add that day: p

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
Yes, love the Civ series.

I remember this Fe dom playing Civ 5. I think it was 5. She never started wars. Cleaned up other civilization's radiation for them. Upstanding citizen. But still gets attacked. lol. Who plays games like that?

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Does anyone else play Civ V? If not, what video games do you like to play?
I love Civilization. It is just difficult to find someone to play with. It is a long game that also takes a bit of intelligence. So twice as evil as Monopoly.

I also need a new laptop. Since I can finally say without controversy that Apple has died with Steve Jobs (I have thought it since that day), I am looking at the XPS 13. It seems to be a great machine. One I could play Civ on (and C&C if I can get Windows 7 on it ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts