Lee-INxJ
Stonewall Jackson-ESxP
Longstreet-ISTJ
J.E.B Stuart-ESTP

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've elsewhere heard ISFJ for Lee. But I tend to think these historical typings are sort of pointless.
Awww, it's just for fun. I've heard lots of things for Lee. INFJ, ISFJ, and ESFJ are the common ones. I have a theory that he's an INTJ, although INFJ sounds best of the ones that are usually proposed.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
I've heard INTJ for Grant (I can buy it from my readings about him), ESTP for Sherman (seems very likely from my research), ISFJ for Lee (he had the famous politeness anyhow), and I would guess some inferior Se type for Jackson maybe (his super weird physical eccentricities).

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've heard INTJ for Grant (I can buy it from my readings about him), ESTP for Sherman (seems very likely from my research), ISFJ for Lee (he had the famous politeness anyhow), and I would guess some inferior Se type for Jackson maybe (his super weird physical eccentricities).
Lee definitely strikes me as an Ni user, just because his strategy focused around his trying to build an abstract "masterplan" instead of just trying to put his army in favorable positions and then trusting them to win the fight, as was traditionally done at the time. INFJ is a definite possibility.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
The "masterplan" stuff sounds like Ni stereotypes. I would think this probably goes beyond this. It's hard to type strategies. You never know how any type might think about things, particularly in a war setting.

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
North-
Grant-ESTJ
Sherman-ISTP
Meade-ISTJ
Mcclellan-INTP

South-
Lee-INxJ
Stonewall Jackson-ESxP
Longstreet-ISTJ
J.E.B Stuart-ESTP
I've also seen Lee typed as ISFJ, but I agree with you (he seems very Ni). maybe 9w8 Sp/Sx?
as for Grant, I've always imagined him as ESTP, maybe 8w7 Sx/So

1 - 7 of 7 Posts