Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been reading quite a lot about INFPs and INFJs lately, but I'm not sure if I've understood everything right since English isn't my first language and I'm still learning. That's why I might be asking some weird questions here.

I've tested INFJ quite a lot, but always with about 55%J and 45%P, and lately I've started to test P. (I need to add I take different test every time, and I haven't been going to school since mid May and I'm bored) I've read about both types, and most descriptions for both types fit me very well. I've also tried to figure it out by reading about Ni/Ne and Fi/Fe but I have trouble figure out what's most me.

Is it possible that I'm a very P'ed J or a very J'ed P? I don't know if that's possible ;)

The things I think is J about me (and please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still learning):
I organise my stuff, and always know where most things are.
I like putting things in order, and I used to work at the library, where I put the books on the shelves.
I get annoyed when things aren't in the right place. For example, I can hardly resist putting books at their right places when I got to the library now and when I see a chess board with the pieces wrong my fingers itch to correct it.
I like routine for the most of the time.
I make rough plans, like: on monday I go to the library, tuesday I clean my room, wednesday I drink coffee with Anna and so on (or is this more P?)

Things I find P about myself(againg, please correct me):
I hate rules! and people who tells me what I can and can't do.
I'm pretty spontaneous.
I have a hard time deciding what I want to do.
Everything is messy around me. I have system, but nobody seems to get it. Organized chaos!
I'm always late.
I have trouble following other peoples plans, always adding something or just doing everything my way.
I like new things and adapt really quickly.

I don't know much about this subject, so some of these things might be really wrong :)

I'm quite weird because I NEED to be able to leave, I hate when there's something that holds me where I am. I get sad and angry when there's something prevents me from being able to leave if I feel uncomfortable. Not that I'm going to leave, but I like it when I can just get up, pack a few things and go. This leads to problems with boyfriends, since a boyfriend is something that I would feel bad about leaving behind. Promises, contracts, close bonds and helpless people are other thing I try to avoid, if I feel the need to leave coming. (Since I'm underaged, I can't really leave, so I just become NOT social and take long walks, go out in the forest and come home late) Is this a "normal" thing for one of the types?

I've considered that I might be a very organized INFP because both my parents a very J-ish and I've been raised to always organize, put things in order, keep my spaces clean and neat and to PLAN! and I got punished (with the silence-treatment and their disappointment) whenever I didn't do these things. It's routine to put things in order.

I hope someone can help me :) I might be another type, but I'm pretty sure that I'm INF. I've also read other posts about INFJ/INFP confusion, but I don't find them very helpful.

Also, the Ni/Ne Fi/Fe thing, maybe someone could just give me the differences between those in a SIMPLE English? that would help a lot too :) THANK YOU

Luka

·
Registered
1,486 Posts

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
The difference between INFPs and INFJs is actually much larger than just one letter at the end. It is a complete revamping of all cognitive functions:
INFJ order of cognitive functions is Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
INFP order of cognitive function is Fi, Ne, Si, Te

So as you see it is not just 1 letter at the end. This different order actually yields quite different personalities, which may look alike at certain circumstances. You can read about cognitive functions to determine if you use Ni or Fi as your primary one and also go over this article here: INFJ or INFP?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ah, thank you so much all of you :D

Took some test about those functions, and talked to a guy who knows a lot about this stuff and he told me I was more likely an ENFP :) I've just always seen myself as introverted. all the functions tests told me i was more likely ENFP.
I guess I'm just a more private and shy ENFP.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Aw, man. I just read your post and I related to a lot of what you said. I've also started to wonder about whether I'm a P or a J. I just spend ages filling in this test: http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/as...velop_old.html ..only for it to give me a 404 error after I pressed submit! :sad:

Edit: Okay, never mind. I found a place to take the cognitive processes test elsewhere...and apparently I'm an ENFP. Whoa! Really? If I am one, then, like you, I must be a very shy one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts