Personality Cafe banner

4101 - 4107 of 4107 Posts

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
In memory of my late friend @Paulie, whose memory I shall always cherish along with all the music we shared. You have become in my memory a representation of these beautiful lines by Byron:

Oh, that I were
The viewless Spirit of a lovely sound, A living voice, a breathing harmony, A bodiless enjoyment, born and dying
With the blest tone which made me!

I loved you so much, my dear friend!

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
i just discovered that liszt was a bit of an operisto. he wrote all these short(ish) piano pieces that are kind of like the musical version of fanfic. like 'i know it's been done, but i just like this so much that i can't stand myself. have to write it out pmuch all over again.' not that simplistic, of course. and he may have had other reasons as well, but that's how i like to see it. i like to imagine him having a version of the same thing that makes me figure out how to sing some of this stuff even though i can't sing worth a damn.

the lucia pieces are just beautiful.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
I wanted to post this thread because in it @Paulie gave us the two songs that were his soul.

To An Online Friend Who Died:

Paulie you were never here, never in the flesh
So I believe I will always feel that you are still here
Making up this place
With your words like a frozen echo
On pages I can retrace
And lines of encouragement
And lines of understanding which
Long furrowed your brow
Before you ever gave them to me in lines here

Our dear friend... may we carry your torch and talk about your memory often and repeat the spirit that you showed us.
We love you Paulie. We always will.

@Dissenter. @Ode to Trees @Snowflake Minuet

·
Registered
11,266 Posts
I didn’t, I wish I did.
Are you going to watch Rigoletto?
i'm kind of opera'd out. there was the rigoletto last week with cornell macneil and i did watch that. if you catch this one, would love to know what you think.

4101 - 4107 of 4107 Posts