·
Registered
3,220 Posts
How did you determine 3 > 8 ?

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
How do you determine any of that?
In my case I'm just suspending my disbelief on a History Channel special that outlined her personality.... not sure where S.O.M. is coming from.

Reactions: Fizz

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
In my case I'm just suspending my disbelief on a History Channel special that outlined her personality....
Yeah, we can barely type figures of today, so I cut the suspensions on my disbelief. I know there can be written information about her from the time but I also don't find that to be a good enough indicator. I'm just too damn discerning.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
she was a glamorous attention whore who used indirect, non 8-ish methods of attaining power. she's very much like Eva Peron or Scarlett O'Hara
Hehe, okay a bit more of an image focus there, fair enough :p

Reactions: Swordsman of Mana

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Yeah, well Scarlett is probably an ESTP, not an ENTJ by a long shot. I don't know what being an attention whore and type have to do with each other. I bet extroverts are more likely to have these tendencies, anyhow.

Reactions: Fizz

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Yeah, well Scarlett is probably an ESTP, not an ENTJ by a long shot. I don't know what being an attention whore and type have to do with each other. I bet extroverts are more likely to have these tendencies, anyhow.
I would hope so, that would be one failure of an attention whore.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
The only ancient source about Cleopatra that I can think off the top of my head at the minute is Cassius Dio 46, where Octavian (who later would be Augustus) defeated Mark Antony. Upon learning Antony was dead, Cleopatra greeted Octavian's advancing army by desperately trying to seduce him, because she knew that she will suffer the humiliation of being paraded through the crowds as a prisoner of war so she thought that if she succeeded, she could avoid that. She didn't, though, and that ended the story of her life.

But keep in mind that he wrote it around 100-200 years after it happened, so the reliability of it is automatically questionable. It's very likely that he made things up for entertainment value.

I don't know if this could be tied to any specific type. I do think she's a brilliant and ruthless politician, though.

Reactions: Stephen

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm least sure of her MBTI type, but I could definitely see Cleopatra as an ESTP as well

·
Registered
535 Posts
From historical sources I found on Wikipedia:
"Rather, what ultimately made Cleopatra attractive were her wit, charm and sweetness in the tones of her voice.";
" she also possessed a most charming voice and knowledge of how to make herself agreeable to everyone.";
"Cleopatra was also renowned for her intellect. Plutarch writes that she could speak at least nine languages and rarely had need of an interpreter."

Sounds like an ENFx to me. Any type can be ruthless if they have power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts