Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After talking with someone today something came up which i realized about myself. I am not clingy to people. All of have friends,yet we all know those that are clingy that want to be around you more than you want and it starts to irritate you. I dont feel the need to drive people crazy by wanting to be around them all the time. Maybe it just me my needing of private time which i try to give to others. Anyone have similar experiences?

Reactions: Sela, Rhee and niss

·
Registered
295 Posts
I need a lot of space and "me-time", in ALL my relationships, be they with family members, friends or romantic partners. I can't cope with clingy people. I feel like they're demanding more of me than I am willing to give.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I feel like they're demanding more of me than I am willing to give.
When people start to do that when they have to be around you more than you want i dont understand it. I have never been the person to need another beside me for everything. Usually if i want to go somewhere or do something i will go myself!

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
421 Posts
When people start to do that when they have to be around you more than you want i dont understand it. I have never been the person to need another beside me for everything. Usually if i want to go somewhere or do something i will go myself!
Certain things I prefer to do with friends e.g. eating out, clothes shopping but I'm mostly fine with once-a-week or once-every-few-weeks contact and don't mind doing things by myself (it's sometimes preferred as it is more efficient). I haven't really had a friend who was clingy as such so wouldn't really know how I'd react. I did go to a two-night sleepover once and by the end I was really craving some alone time. I normally seek contact with close friends when I have something I want to discuss with them.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
"Clingy" is a vague term that means different things to different people, but it would have to be an unhealthy ISTJ that enjoyed "Clingy-ness" in a relationship.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Clingy meaning that they are demanding more of me than I am willing to give.

I think my impersonal feeling I give to most acquaintances makes them unlikely to try to become clingy with me. I think clingy people are looking for someone to talk all day with them, and thats just not me unless you get me on a subject of interest.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think clingy people are looking for someone to talk all day with them, and thats just not me unless you get me on a subject of interest.
or they just want to be around you "all the time".

Reactions: niss and Wake

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
or they just want to be around you "all the time".
Seems like we are splitting hairs. I would try looking for motives. Desperate for company I would say is their need. Infatuation seems possible as well. This list could go on but thats off top of my head.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Desperate for company I would say is their need. Infatuation seems possible as well.
Agrees, or the "I am so lonely" and then wants to just be around you.

Reactions: Wake and niss
1 - 10 of 10 Posts