Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The longest-reigning WWE Champion of the past 25 years and one whom many consider to be one of the greatest professional wrestlers in the world today. To his legions of followers he is known as the Best in the World. And it's hard to argue. He is one of the most intriguing, enigmatic, charismatic, and revolutionary WWE Superstars of all time. He is quite simply the Best in the World: CM Punk.

Now it's time to give him a personality type. What do you think?​

·
Registered
139 Posts
Outside of the ring, he seems like a pretty reserved and private guy; he has stated in interviews that he's not too fond of people approaching him in public asking for autographs, pictures, etc.

I'd say that Punk is an introvert; though I'm not certain of his MBTI Type....

ISTP, maybe?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yeah, Best In The WOoooooooooooorld! My all-time favourite and a bit of a personal hero to me.

I've been speculating over Punk's type for a while now and I've narrowed it down to ISTP or INTP. He seems like a very, very private guy who's extremely true to his convictions, which suggests to me an Introverted Judger (meaning he'd be a Perceiver on the MBTI). Perceiver seems to fit too because he's very much a rebel, he has doesn't play by anyone's rules but his own, is very much "on my time, in my way". Punk always seems open to adaption and taking in new information, but he has a firm internal belief system. He doesn't strike me as a Feeler at all as everything he does and says comes across as very clear, precise, and cerebral. He's got passion - a lot of it - but it doesn't guide his performances, he uses it to enhance them. When he cuts a promo it's very well-though out and coherent. Seems like Ti to me.

I'm not sure about Ne or Se though. Most wrestlers I'd imagine to be Sensors. But Punk isn't quite the typical wrestler. His ideas and opinions show a more "big picture" mentality; an ability to perceive issues on a wider level, and the creativity of his promos sometimes suggests Ne to me. But his hands-on, very real approach suggests Se.

So yeah, ISTP or INTP.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
CM Punk - ENFP (ENTP as a heel)
Phil Brooks - ISTP (This could also adumbrate his ECW run)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, Best In The WOoooooooooooorld! My all-time favourite and a bit of a personal hero to me.

I've been speculating over Punk's type for a while now and I've narrowed it down to ISTP or INTP. He seems like a very, very private guy who's extremely true to his convictions, which suggests to me an Introverted Judger (meaning he'd be a Perceiver on the MBTI). Perceiver seems to fit too because he's very much a rebel, he has doesn't play by anyone's rules but his own, is very much "on my time, in my way". Punk always seems open to adaption and taking in new information, but he has a firm internal belief system. He doesn't strike me as a Feeler at all as everything he does and says comes across as very clear, precise, and cerebral. He's got passion - a lot of it - but it doesn't guide his performances, he uses it to enhance them. When he cuts a promo it's very well-though out and coherent. Seems like Ti to me.

I'm not sure about Ne or Se though. Most wrestlers I'd imagine to be Sensors. But Punk isn't quite the typical wrestler. His ideas and opinions show a more "big picture" mentality; an ability to perceive issues on a wider level, and the creativity of his promos sometimes suggests Ne to me. But his hands-on, very real approach suggests Se.

So yeah, ISTP or INTP.
I think the "big picture" mentality might be his tertiary introverted intuition. He doesn't seem like he's jumping from one idea to the next in real time and connecting things, but sees a vision for where he will go. In a lot of his interviews he mentions his frustration with a lack of long term booking in WWE, like when talking about his WM Taker match he talks about well what happens after the pay-per-view, what do I do next?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts