Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are the type that serve others.....please others....often to the point of hiding our own talents and abilities.

How many threads do we see about others not listening or not recognising the NF / INF's. How many threads about being alienated and feeling we can't push ourselves and our feelings out there?

We are among like minds here.....so come on....WHAT ARE YOU TALENTS? WHAT ARE YOU GOOD AT? ANYTHING GOES.....!!

(sorry 'bout the typo in the title....should read DRUM...mods can you edit?)

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
We are the type that serve others.....please others....often to the point of hiding our own talents and abilities.

How many threads do we see about others not listening or not recognising the NF / INF's. How many threads about being alienated and feeling we can't push ourselves and our feelings out there?

We are among like minds here.....so come on....WHAT ARE YOU TALENTS? WHAT ARE YOU GOOD AT? ANYTHING GOES.....!!
YEAH! You guys are proverbial god's among men! Tell us!

·
Registered
142 Posts
hockey, cooking from scratch, gardening (i have a "green thumb"), planing trips, finding peoples insecurities (when provoked), "nurturing", making a comfortable home for people to visit(when i feel like letting people past my front door) landscaping (planting flowers and trees, putting up hammocks, replacing my deck and broken fence pieces) taking care of animals, listening to people, good with kids im told.
ummm.... putting together birthday parties, making forts for my nephews. taking charge when no one wants to.
im a pretty good at strategy if its coaching baseball or hockey or helping with a political campaign.
ummm.... kissing and sex.
seems like a lot of stereotypical "women things" but the way i see it is im like "maximus" from "gladiator" when i called to "fight" i have no problem leading the troops but most of the time i rather be "on the farm tending to my crops and family".
although i'll be 26 in 2 weeks and im not so sure i'll meet anyone to have that family with....but being an uncle is cool for now.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I can't When the last thing you want to come across as is: boastful/full of your self...
especially when that's the farthest from the truth, and you want to please everyone

and you happen to be able to do anything.... don't want to cause people to think less of themselves when they are showing you what they can do and you watch...

sometimes it's like a kid being so excited about finally being able to ride with training wheels and you being just as equally excited and happy about it, you truly think they are adorable and amazing and you love them, but if they knew you could ride a unicycle O_O they wouldn't brag to you about riding with training wheels and you would have missed seeing and feeling the emotions they had and how happy they were after achieving it

don't want to belittle anyone because of my own abilities,
it's hard to truly show everyone what you can do

knowing the judgement that would be going on,

I certainly hide my talents/abilities, from everyone except for one person in my life
some people know of a few but no one but one knows them all.... I prefer to keep it that way

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I'm good at making people smile with my smile, or making people creeped out with my smile. I'm good at making people, who find my sense of humor funny, laugh. o_O. I'm good at instruments and music composition. I'm good at learning random things like back flips. What else.. I'm a fast typer.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Apparently, as a 9w1, I have an innate ability to bring a sense of peace to any room I happen to be in. Dunno how I do that, but it seems to be pretty handy in helping friends relax when they otherwise aren't able to. :proud:

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't When the last thing you want to come across as is: boastful/full of your self...
especially when that's the farthest from the truth, and you want to please everyone

and you happen to be able to do anything.... don't want to cause people to think less of themselves when they are showing you what they can do and you watch...

sometimes it's like a kid being so excited about finally being able to ride with training wheels and you being just as equally excited and happy about it, you truly think they are adorable and amazing and you love them, but if they knew you could ride a unicycle O_O they wouldn't brag to you about riding with training wheels and you would have missed seeing and feeling the emotions they had and how happy they were after achieving it

don't want to belittle anyone because of my own abilities,
it's hard to truly show everyone what you can do

knowing the judgement that would be going on,

I certainly hide my talents/abilities, from everyone except for one person in my life
some people know of a few but no one but one knows them all.... I prefer to keep it that way

Is this not the very definition of an INF[x]? Appreciate that some may still want to hide their light.....but come on guys.....we do it so often IRL! Let's be proud here!

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. :wink:

Did I just equate INFJs to love? Hmm... too ambitious of me, perhaps?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Foreign Languages - I know different levels of 8 right now; I'm still planning on learning more.
Singing - kinda
Computers/tech stuff - I once spent a good 3-4 hours getting rid of a virus on my mom's computer manually (as in digging through the system files in safe mode to figure out what wasn't supposed to be there)
Writing - People say I'm an awesome storyteller :)
Occult stuff - astrology, other spiritual stuffs
Making witty jokes
Cooking - Mainly Asian food. I make some mean sushi.
Designing things - clothes, websites, you name it.

That's all I can think of for now :kitteh:

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
You can pretend that's it. But we all know its because you don't actually know anything about yourselves... haha.
That's probably pretty true for me, personally. Since I first read this thread, I've been trying to think of talents to actually list. I can think of all sorts of compliments others have given me about things I've done, but I'm having difficulty thinking of anything I actually consider myself to be good at.

Perhaps I'm just too self-critical, or too focused on others, to really bother considering being good at anything in particular. *shrug*

·
Registered
135 Posts
Perhaps I'm just too self-critical, or too focused on others, to really bother considering being good at anything in particular. *shrug*
When your attention is on people, rather than gardening or cooking, or painting, it might seem like you don't have a lot of unusual "skills".

But... you're probably really good with people in ways that seem so natural to you, that you don't realize not everyone is like that.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I am good at troubleshooting. I guess it benefits from my tendency to over-analyze :D

This is an interesting question for me. There are things I like doing, there are things I want to be good at, but to say that I currently am objective good at things is challenging.

I am good at using imagery and metaphors and explaining (some) things. I am good at writing instructions. I make some mean mac-n-cheese.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've been told I'm good at explaining complex theories in a way that make people understand them. It makes sense when I think about it, having Ni excluding all those irrelevant details.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts