Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....

I'm one of those competitive dicks that doesn't play well with others.

I've been known to split the party. In like Catan I've built roads around people so they couldn't do anything. In Civ I'm always going to nuke my friends. In CK2 I just try to fuck my friends wives (which always somehow makes me really good at the rest of the game?) In stardew I've started my own farm without my friends so I can do what I want without them being annoying. I didn't like portal 2 because it's too team mate dependant. In don't starve together I set up a base when no one else is around and idiot proof it before letting people join. I've taken over portals in twilight imperium that I didn't need to fuck someone else over. Etc.

You know those assholes. I'd probably get along well with dota2 players. I've been told to play it because I'm a dick.

alright.

the thing is... I like the idea of playing a game with my SO or good friends without screwing them over, but I can't seem to do that even in like Minecraft.

so... Are there any co op games based on me being a terrible person that you could recommend where my friends/so won't hate me for playing together?

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Perhaps we have to give up on cooperative games altogether. Working together to achieve something can be nice, sure, but does it really beat seeing the look on someone's face as you screw over their carefully formulated plan?

·
Infractionated
I drive a blue tricycle with a gold bell.
8,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Perhaps we have to give up on cooperative games altogether. Working together to achieve something can be nice, sure, but does it really beat seeing the look on someone's face as you screw over their carefully formulated plan?
Exactly. And I'm sooo good at doing that.

Speaking of. That reminds me I need to do my mideval2 turn :)

·
Registered
24,152 Posts
Play an action RPG with a party and just steal all the good loot. They can't really get 'too upset' cause there will always be better drops, but in those moments, you'll always feel the glory of getting the best gear that you don't even technically need. Also, there's usually enough individual game requirements/metrics to meet within them to keep yourself and the others occupied, so it's not like you have to spend every moment together questing.

·
Registered
ISFP
2,604 Posts
Have you never heard of Trappers Delight?

What about the card game Red Flags? There’s a virtual simulation of it somewhere you could play if in person isn’t possible.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
Maybe try to play a co-op game that'll allow you to be the team "maverick" while still benefiting the team by slaughtering mass quantities of enemies. Like maybe play as Krieg in Borderlands 2. Call me a heretic, but I actually like playing as Roland in Borderlands 1. Co-op is where he shines.

Reactions: Pifanjr

·
Registered
INFJ
5,863 Posts
Have you tried Duck Game?
That game is a massive andrenaline rush.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Satisfactory. You can't mess it up.

It's not competitive, though.
LMFAO

That is an efficient way to move around looool

It's funny because I was just thinking about how the velocity of exiting the tunnels is really odd, it's always very fast. Didn't think of linking them up to go suuuper fast, though

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I've got a little anecdote that I guess involves the concept of teamwork. Or at least co-op games. One in particular - the original Borderlands. This was back in the mid twenty-teens, before the Enhanced version was even a thing. I stumbled upon a live stream of Borderlands 1 on YouTube. It was three players, all different Vault Hunters, sans Brick. Heh. "Sans Brick." Everyone knows Undyne would play the role of Brick. No! No Undertale! Focus! Where was I? Oh, yeah. Borderlands stream on YouTube. So anyway, these players were all highly adept at Borderlands 2, but this was their first experience with Borderlands 1. Parts one and two are very different from each other. When it comes to weapons, BL1 is all about "quality" of parts, whereas BL2 is all about "synergy" of parts (Hyperion even makes a machine pistol w/Vladof barrel in BL2 called the "Synergy" and it rawks). So I watch them try to get through Headstone Mine and they're all under-level'd and their gear is waaay under-level'd. I start offering them advice, then eventually get the brainwave to join them. But I don't just want to join them, I also want to continue being their logistics advisor since I have a knack for that sort of thing and it's fun for me. It's like solving a puzzle. It allows me to recall my own experiences while at the same time forcing me to think outside my own box. I think that's one of the big reasons why people enjoy watching other people play vidya games in the first place. The more variety, the better. That's how I came up with the slogan: "Backseat gaming is NOT a character flaw." It's also why I use Alphys as my mascot. As Alphys says, "Watching someone on a screen really makes you root for them!"
:geek:
Granted, this is a "Lawful Good" method of backseat gaming. Another streamer once referred to me as "the voice in the earpiece" while playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (specifically, the Anomaly mod). So anyway, I start a new Brick to use when I join the team for Headstone Mine and I build him up to a level close to theirs (a little bit over just to ensure that I could be the most effective "tank" possible). And during this whole process, I found that I really enjoy farming weapons and gear for other people. Again, because it forces me to think outside my own box. Everything I equipped them with worked like a charm. Despite playing as Brick, who focuses on melee and explosives, the weapon I used most often was a Dahl Stomper (which is tragically overlooked by most players). It has only one weakness - slow bullets - which can be overridden by Lilith's High Velocity skill. The Stomper is only made by Dahl and Tediore. Dahl combat rifles are better, naturally, and become available at Lv.7 (I think Tediore combat rifles become available at Lv.4). The most ultimate best Stomper would be a Dahl with the Desert material type ("mat3" for Dahl), the "Intense" prefix (indicating a crit bonus), and the following parts: barrel4, body5, stock5, sight2, and an 18-round base mag capacity. Okay, now I've gone off on a tangent, haven't I? I'd better call it before I end up writing an entire strategy guide that no one will read.
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
1,078 Posts
🔥 overwatch 🔥
im just kidding

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
How about the Killing Floor games? Just have everyone play as a Berserker. Btw, Killing Floor 2 does a good job of depicting chamber-loading with certain guns like lever-action rifles and pump-action shotguns.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts