MBTI: INTP, Enneagram: 5w6, Socionics: ILI, Alignment: True Neutral
252 Posts
Coffee for me, please.

Reactions: Froody Blue Gem

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Coffee FTW!
The taste of coffee combines sweet and bitter in such an amazing way. It smells awesome, it tastes awesome, and caffeine is a positive side-effect. I prefer to drink it with at least 3/7 of the cup being milk, but I don't mind drinking it dark either.

2nd would be water, because it's neutral, cool, refreshing, and easy to get (you never have to make it!).

I think wine is ok. It tastes interesting, though neutrally so, and it's fun sipping it, but other than that, it's kind of "meh".

Now tea is something I just can't understand. It takes way too long to make, it doesn't taste good, it's basically water filthened by leaves. Why do people drink leaf-water?

Reactions: Froody Blue Gem

·
Registered
INTP
6,614 Posts
I don't drink wine (except a teeny bit with a meal, once a week, to humor Prince Charming), I don't like tea and neither does my stomach, and I'm trying again to quit coffee (although I love it; @Emologic's description is right on). So I'll vote water.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
Now tea is something I just can't understand. It takes way too long to make, it doesn't taste good, it's basically water filthened by leaves. Why do people drink leaf-water?
Doesn't take much longer than coffee, sometimes it takes even less if we're talking brewing time depending on the type of tea (the only difference between them)
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the rest, if tea is leaf water, coffee is bean water, "filthened" by beans.
Personally I like that tea has more variety and each type/blend has its own character. Plus tea has more uses than just a caffeine injection, it can also be a relaxant/sleep aid, and a source of antioxidants and other health benefits.

Plus there's a comforting/sensual component to drinking tea that coffee doesn't quite have as each different type of tea tends to have a fragrance of its own and they tend to just be so inviting. I mean I do like the fragrance of coffee but the fragrances of tea tend to feel cleaner/more earthy. I guess the fact black coffee tastes nasty by default unless you add tons of shit to it doesn't help either.

·
Registered
INTP
6,614 Posts
. . . there's a comforting/sensual component to drinking tea . . .

. . . black coffee tastes nasty by default unless you add tons of shit to it . . .
Neither statement is true for me. Just sayin'.

The poll results are pretty interesting so far. Tea and water, and maybe coffee, for INTPS; hardly anyone prefers wine. I stayed for a few months in a town where it seemed that most people drank wine and talked about wine. I knew I couldn't live there.

The results of these polls are always so surprising! Thank you.

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Neither statement is true for me. Just sayin'.

The poll results are pretty interesting so far. Tea and water, and maybe coffee, for INTPS; hardly anyone prefers wine. I stayed for a few months in a town where it seemed that most people drank wine and talked about wine. I knew I couldn't live there.

The results of these polls are always so surprising! Thank you.
Coffee, tea and water are all drinks you can drink all day long (well, maybe not all day with coffee). Wine not so much.

I personally prefer water.

·
Registered
INTP
6,614 Posts
But water is so bland though...
Yes, I often flavor it up with a shot of soda pop or cranberry juice or something. But if, say, you're doing physical work on a hot day, nothing hits the spot like water. (According to me and my erstwhile hot-day coworkers.)

Anyway, I was raised on chlorinated water; it wasn't bland. It tasted like bleach!

·
Banned
4,619 Posts
From the choices given:

Water (Choice by quantity)
Coffee (Only drink 2 to 4 cups a day)
Wine (Rarely. I'm very picky about wine if I drink it at all. Picky about beer too.)
Tea (Hot tea, virtually never, maybe in winter. Southern (sweet) ice tea, use to be a main staple eating out although I rarely made it at home. But I've stopped drinking sweet tea and commercial sodas for the most part.)

I'm presently experimenting with making homemade ginger syrup for a ginger ale type sweet drink using flat or carbonated water.

Come to think of it, I'm picky about my coffee too. Coffee & Chicory.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Doesn't take much longer than coffee, sometimes it takes even less if we're talking brewing time depending on the type of tea (the only difference between them)
I'm not sure what you're getting at with the rest, if tea is leaf water, coffee is bean water, "filthened" by beans.
Personally I like that tea has more variety and each type/blend has its own character. Plus tea has more uses than just a caffeine injection, it can also be a relaxant/sleep aid, and a source of antioxidants and other health benefits.

Plus there's a comforting/sensual component to drinking tea that coffee doesn't quite have as each different type of tea tends to have a fragrance of its own and they tend to just be so inviting. I mean I do like the fragrance of coffee but the fragrances of tea tend to feel cleaner/more earthy. I guess the fact black coffee tastes nasty by default unless you add tons of shit to it doesn't help either.
The percentages of X and water are much different. Tea is 90+% water. Coffee is closer to 65%.
With tea, you start with hot water, and then put a bag of leaves basically, and let it sit for a while. It's water that slowly gains the taste of the leaves. I don't think leaves taste good.
With coffee, you also start with hot water, but you use a machine to concentrate the water through the coffee bean powder.
Coffee is more coffee than tea is tea.

Reactions: Sava Saevus

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
Coffee is a daily requirement, or i cannot function properly. I desperately need to drink several glasses of water every day. Tea makes me feel centered and mature :gentleman:. I rarely drink wine, but I do enjoy it.

·
Registered
5,582 Posts
The percentages of X and water are much different. Tea is 90+% water. Coffee is closer to 65%.
So? I don't understand how a solution is better or worse because of its component concentration.

With tea, you start with hot water, and then put a bag of leaves basically, and let it sit for a while. It's water that slowly gains the taste of the leaves. I don't think leaves taste good.
If all you know is bagged tea you really have no business arguing anything about tea, it's like me forming an opinion on coffee based on instant powdered coffee...
Tea's an acquired taste (tastes, more variety) just like black coffee. Again, matter of preference/custom.

With coffee, you also start with hot water, but you use a machine to concentrate the water through the coffee bean powder.
Coffee is more coffee than tea is tea.
...did I just land in Narnia?
They're both solutions, as long as there's a combination they're coffee and tea respectively, and the differences in concentration may suit the purposes of each beverage. I don't understand your reasoning.
All you could arguably claim is that coffee goes through more machine processing than tea, and has less water concentration than tea, but I honestly don't see how either processing or concentration make one solution superior to the other.

It's fine if you don't like tea but this construct of bullshit you seem to have around it is more risible than credible.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts