Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where, for example, a dominant Judging function requires back-up from an auxillary Perceiving function hence Ti & Ne in the case of an INTP. Being biased of course :tongue:. So they work together, right? In that case the tertiary and inferior Si & Fe are Perceiving supported by Judging making those a pair. In ISFJ they work together as the dominant & auxillary. In a balanced type, then, would it be the case that the dominant & auxillary pair work well with the tertiary & inferior pair?

Also what happens with my Te Ni Se Fi, the so-called Shadow Functions? Is it a potentially good Shadow to have if each pair is co-operating?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I've never heard of cognitive function pairing used in this sense of the word... Do you mind expanding on the concept a bit? :unsure:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've never heard of cognitive function pairing used in this sense of the word... Do you mind expanding on the concept a bit? :unsure:

I dunno it was one of those mad things that come into my brain every so often. I keep seeing my Ti & Ne and Si & Fe as two couples who have got to know each other over the years ( i'm 44 so they've had plenty of time to get acquainted) and although they don't always get along or agree they've learned to respect and even like each other. But as i already said it's a mad idea.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Interesting idea...

My Ni seems to prefer talking to my Ti, which kind of leaves my Fe a bit lonely, since my Se is not very interesting...

I'm not sure there is anything in Jung or MBTI to support these speculations though... :laughing:

·
Registered
749 Posts
If that's true whilst hammered last night I got caught in an Si Fe loop. I talk about it in a thread in this forum about Si. Check it out I suppose.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If that's true whilst hammered last night I got caught in an Si Fe loop. I talk about it in a thread in this forum about Si. Check it out I suppose.
No. The loop is always two functions with the same attitude, either both introvert or both extravert. So a Si Fe loop would not work. And introverted loop is reinforced by lack of external data. An extraverted loop is reinforced by lack of internal cohesion.

So I don't think that was a loop, but I have expanded a little on that in the other thread.

For me, the loop is Ni and Ti - which tends to mean that I get stuck in my head trying to make sense of things and seeing connections and at the same time shooting down my own ideas and not ending up anywhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts